• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darious Jackson is now a Brown

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say this a is a pretty disappointing development. In fact, I hate this.

Such a short sighted move to release Jackson in favor of both Dunbar and McFadden. Neither McFadden or Dunbar have true roles on this team because of Ezekiel Elliott. As I said in preseason in numerous posts, McFadden should have been traded for whatever they could have got, because otherwise he was going to rot on the bench and Dallas would get nothing out of him. Well that has happened, and keeping McFadden has also cost the team Darius Jackson.

This isn't the end of the world, but it's just poor management. The Cowboys could have gotten an asset for McFadden, and instead chose to sit on him and let go of a young kid who could potentially have been a nice cheap back up for a few years. I just don't get the thought process here.

Last edited:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Not sure how this works but when I saw he was released - Seattle and GB popped up. I thought he won't last that long

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see enough to know one way or the other about Darius Jackson to tell the truth.
I heard a bit with McFadden on the sports radio today talking about time spent with the special teams coach the last two weeks and looking for a role to help this team win. I think he's a sure bet for KO returns and it sounded like he plans on running down on kickoffs. Kinda refreshing coming from a guy that's been in this league the number of years he has.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jackson would have been a big asset in the future, hence the reason I'd have held onbto him vs Dunbar.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing? He ended up on the Browns. Hopefully he's the 2nd coming of Jim Brown for them. Cleveland fans could use a break.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Such a short sighted move to release Jackson in favor of both Dunbar and McFadden. Neither McFadden or Dunbar have true roles on this team because of Ezekiel Elliott. As I said in preseason in numerous posts, McFadden should have been traded for whatever they could have got, because otherwise he was going to rot on the bench and Dallas would get nothing out of him. Well that has happened, and keeping McFadden has also cost the team Darius Jackson.

This isn't the end of the world, but it's just poor management. The Cowboys could have gotten an asset for McFadden, and instead chose to sit on him and let go of a young kid who could potentially have been a nice cheap back up for a few years. I just don't get the thought process here.
Shit. That does piss me off a little. I guess we never got over the hump of keeping the guys we "know" and are "comfortable" with over those that could develop into something if we just gave them a shot. As well as we have done in the draft lately this team still seems to struggle with vision. Always seems to be about today and seldom the future. I just don't see how this team needs both McFadden and Dunbar...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know about Jackson is the sledding for him would have been much easier running behind the Cowboys OL than the Browns

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No big deal, they can draft another back up next year. Good opportunity for him to get on the field in Cleveland.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know about Jackson is the sledding for him would have been much easier running behind the Cowboys OL than the Browns
No doubt about that, but a lot easier for him to hit the game day roster in Cle. I guess there are bigger problems for us to worry about than having to find a #3 or #4 RB in the offseason...I just really liked what I saw of this kid

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's definitely one side of the story. The other side is the ridicule they would have gotten for putting all of their eggs in one basket had EE got injured.

I like the idea of insurance more than a 6th round draft pick which is probably what McFadden would have commanded.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about that, but a lot easier for him to hit the game day roster in Cle. I guess there are bigger problems for us to worry about than having to find a #3 or #4 RB in the offseason...I just really liked what I saw of this kid
I liked him too, there must have just been an obvious separation in what the saw between Jackson and DMac. You get and cheaper usually wins out if the talent is close... That's what Romo thinks anyway lol

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's definitely one side of the story. The other side is the ridicule they would have gotten for putting all of their eggs in one basket had EE got injured.

I like the idea of insurance more than a 6th round draft pick which is probably what McFadden would have commanded.

Dallas has insurance, his name is Alfred Morris. Darius Jackson might be a player too - too bad it will be for Cleveland.

This is nothing more than Jerry being loyal to a fellow Razorback. I'm certain of it.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has insurance, his name is Alfred Morris. Darius Jackson might be a player too - too bad it will be for Cleveland.

This is nothing more than Jerry being loyal to a fellow Razorback. I'm certain of it.

I'm not buying Alfred Morris as better insurance. I agree it would have been nice to get something for McFadden but who is to say Ole Jeruh didn't shop him? Maybe he just couldn't get what he wanted in return. Of course hindsight is 20/20 but why get fleeced by a team just to get what you can when you can?

I can see the nepotism being a factor too.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying Alfred Morris as better insurance. I agree it would have been nice to get something for McFadden but who is to say Ole Jeruh didn't shop him? Maybe he just couldn't get what he wanted in return. Of course hindsight is 20/20 but why get fleeced by a team just to get what you can when you can?

I can see the nepotism being a factor too.

This isn't hindsight. I literally predicted this scenario would play out as it has and posted it on this board in preseason.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas stupidly thought nobody would claim him. The fact remains Dunbar has sucked and he can't block anyone. I don't like the move

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...this explains why McFadden was never traded and why they didn't drop him or Dunbar. Looks like they still see him as the #2. If that is the case then in retrospect I guess they did play it the right way. He will get a chance tonight because I think we run the ball 30 times tonight.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Darren McFadden will serve as the No. 2 back Sunday night against the Bucs.

Rapoport reports Alfred Morris could be inactive. The move explains why the Cowboys were so dead set on getting McFadden back on the roster despite Morris performing well when called upon this season. McFadden does bring more in the passing game, however, and might be a better fit in the backup role. Unfortunately, this makes the handcuff situation very difficult to read. McFadden seems like the better bet right now, but both would likely get work if something happened to Ezekiel Elliott.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DMac on 3rd down could be a big upgrade over what we've seen from Dunbar this season

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...this explains why McFadden was never traded and why they didn't drop him or Dunbar. Looks like they still see him as the #2. If that is the case then in retrospect I guess they did play it the right way. He will get a chance tonight because I think we run the ball 30 times tonight.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Darren McFadden will serve as the No. 2 back Sunday night against the Bucs.

Rapoport reports Alfred Morris could be inactive. The move explains why the Cowboys were so dead set on getting McFadden back on the roster despite Morris performing well when called upon this season. McFadden does bring more in the passing game, however, and might be a better fit in the backup role. Unfortunately, this makes the handcuff situation very difficult to read. McFadden seems like the better bet right now, but both would likely get work if something happened to Ezekiel Elliott.

Something is a little funny going on in Frisco. I hope Dmac finds his role on the team. Dunbar doesn't seem to be able to.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

My big question is why do they sit Morris?
Dunbar plays STs and is the guy the team wants on the field in 3rd and long if it's not Elliott. That has never been Morris' thing. He is the "scat back" specialty back. They just haven't been able t ouse him properly as much as I think they want to. He will never be the #2 guy, but there is no reason for both Morris and DMac when you have Elliott. If DMac is #2 what possible role does Morris serve?