• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Damn

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freeman lost the locker room.

Benched

and up for trade.

Kid looked like he was gonna be a pretty good NFL Qb just 2 seasons ago

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if there are any teams that are looking for a disgruntled QB who couldn't cut it in TPA? Can't imagine the line is long or price is high.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if there are any teams that are looking for a disgruntled QB who couldn't cut it in TPA? Can't imagine the line is long or price is high.

I could only think of 2... with a 2 wildcards.... dont see him going to any of them though.

Cleveland could use a Qb.... but they seem set on trading whoever and starting from scratch. Both their starting receivers are on the trade block. So ehhh don't see it.
Philly needs someone to replace Vick and NF isn't it I'm guessing .... but don't see that either.
Vikes could use a Qb.... but that wont happen. Outside of Peterson they dont have weapons. Jennings but hes on the downside of his career and doesnt seem to fit the scheme.

Raiders.... but I think they are set on making Pryor into a Qb to honor Davis....

Those are the only one I could come up with. So I don't see him traded. Ido see him unemployed after the season though

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a suggestion, but it would have attracted trolls

They already have three all-star QB's, with their backup being worth a 1st rounder+...no need for him. :rollseyes:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, I chalk it up to Schiano. He lucked out by getting Ray Rice in college who carried those Rutgers team and Schiano capitalized on that. He was a terrible x's and o's guy, his hard ass approach may work in college but not in the pros, I could see how that attitude could fuck with players and cause them to underachieve.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jags could always use a QB.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to suggest the Cowboys for a 5th rounder lol. He's in the last year of his contract, and they dont owe him a huge amount. Tony is good for another 4-5 years in my opinion, backup on a good team for a couple of years and this kid might turn around

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seen on there last night no trade is expected. If someone took him he doesn't have to agree to an extension and will be a FA this offseason anyway.
Team would have to pay him around 8 million this year. And none of the possibles destinations have that kind of cap space

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to suggest the Cowboys for a 5th rounder lol. He's in the last year of his contract, and they dont owe him a huge amount. Tony is good for another 4-5 years in my opinion, backup on a good team for a couple of years and this kid might turn around

He is making $8.4M this year. Why would we do that? I'd rather have Orton as a backup than him personally, but even if you would rather have him than Orton and even if you could fit them both under our cap, is the team better off with BOTH him and Orton as backups knowing it's possible neither even plays a down? I don't see him as our QB of the future by any means, but even if you do, why not sign him after the year? There is no way I give up a pick and pay this kid to start, let alone to sit on the bench.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is making $8.4M this year. Why would we do that? I'd rather have Orton as a backup than him personally, but even if you would rather have him than Orton and even if you could fit them both under our cap, is the team better off with BOTH him and Orton as backups knowing it's possible neither even plays a down? I don't see him as our QB of the future by any means, but even if you do, why not sign him after the year? There is no way I give up a pick and pay this kid to start, let alone to sit on the bench.

It isn't going to happen here, but from what I understand, the Chargers are willing to pay nearly all of his salary for this year and are only looking for a late round pick, before they cut him(they'd have to pay him anyway). My thought was, here is a kid who did have an excellent year a couple of years back, the talent is there. Maybe he just clashed with the coach, who is noted as being pretty rigid. Either way, if a team(any team) could add a mid 20's QB with talent and that has put up good numbers just a couple of years ago, a late round pick isn't that bad. Then, IF he comes in with a better attitude here, maybe sign him to a 2-3 year contract as a backup at what might be a bargain rate if something happens to Romo. Worst case scenario, you're out a late round pick. To me, thats low risk high reward

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't going to happen here, but from what I understand, the Chargers are willing to pay nearly all of his salary for this year and are only looking for a late round pick, before they cut him(they'd have to pay him anyway). My thought was, here is a kid who did have an excellent year a couple of years back, the talent is there. Maybe he just clashed with the coach, who is noted as being pretty rigid. Either way, if a team(any team) could add a mid 20's QB with talent and that has put up good numbers just a couple of years ago, a late round pick isn't that bad. Then, IF he comes in with a better attitude here, maybe sign him to a 2-3 year contract as a backup at what might be a bargain rate if something happens to Romo. Worst case scenario, you're out a late round pick. To me, thats low risk high reward

Why would the Chargers be willing to pay any of his salary?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with that salary he is stuck in TB.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Chargers be willing to pay any of his salary?

They have to pay it anyway, and he's not going to play for them again. It's rumored they may cut him if Glennen gets off to a good start, as not to divide the locker room. He's in the last year of his deal, if they cut him, they have to pay him, if they keep him they have to pay him. If they traded him to another team and paid all but say, $1 million of his salary and picked up a 5th rounder, that would at least be a 5th rounder they didnt have and $1 million they saved. Even if Glennen flops, they'll be drafting a QB like Bridgewater or someone in the first round, they aren't resigning Freeman either way. To me, if you could get this kid for that type of compensation, you'd be adding a kid that would have been worth a #1+ just a couple of years ago. It's not like it would be the first time a QB has left Tampa and played better after leaving, Steve Young, Brad Johnson, Doug Williams, Vinny.....

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to pay it anyway, and he's not going to play for them again. It's rumored they may cut him if Glennen gets off to a good start, as not to divide the locker room. He's in the last year of his deal, if they cut him, they have to pay him, if they keep him they have to pay him. If they traded him to another team and paid all but say, $1 million of his salary and picked up a 5th rounder, that would at least be a 5th rounder they didnt have and $1 million they saved. Even if Glennen flops, they'll be drafting a QB like Bridgewater or someone in the first round, they aren't resigning Freeman either way. To me, if you could get this kid for that type of compensation, you'd be adding a kid that would have been worth a #1+ just a couple of years ago. It's not like it would be the first time a QB has left Tampa and played better after leaving, Steve Young, Brad Johnson, Doug Williams, Vinny.....
I didn't know that the NFL does that like Baseball. Is this true? (paying for part of the salary of a guy you are trading?)

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know that the NFL does that like Baseball. Is this true? (paying for part of the salary of a guy you are trading?)

You may well be right on that, and if so, obviously signing this kid after he's released would be the way to go, for an interested team. I'm sure there would be guys on here that could answer that. I think it could be gotten around either way. Hypothetically, the Bucs work out a deal for a 5th rounder, but the other team won't take on his salary. Tampa resigns Freeman to a two year, $8.5 million deal(he's owed $8 or so), with $6-7 million of that $8.5 as signing bonus, and salaries of $1 million this year and next. They then trade him, his new team is on the hook for around $1 million, and the Bucs actually get to split the $8 million over 2 years instead of one

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Chargers are in San Diego, not Tamp Bay

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may well be right on that, and if so, obviously signing this kid after he's released would be the way to go, for an interested team. I'm sure there would be guys on here that could answer that. I think it could be gotten around either way. Hypothetically, the Bucs work out a deal for a 5th rounder, but the other team won't take on his salary. Tampa resigns Freeman to a two year, $8.5 million deal(he's owed $8 or so), with $6-7 million of that $8.5 as signing bonus, and salaries of $1 million this year and next. They then trade him, his new team is on the hook for around $1 million, and the Bucs actually get to split the $8 million over 2 years instead of one
but then the question is. Why would the player do that? he is getting his 8 mil no matter what.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, I chalk it up to Schiano. He lucked out by getting Ray Rice in college who carried those Rutgers team and Schiano capitalized on that. He was a terrible x's and o's guy, his hard ass approach may work in college but not in the pros, I could see how that attitude could fuck with players and cause them to underachieve.

Bill Belichick is a hardass.

It works if you can command that respect.