• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Damn u guys are still posting

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been delinquent on the board but diligent in watching the games. Heck , I even made the Bulls and Clippers game over turkey day holiday. My take: we are in a danger zone...scared to lose face about errors in drafting so wearing rose colored glasses on our personnel. The guys can't stop anyone! So firing Corbin on the premise of D is horseshit. Quinn's system is cool, as long as you have the shooters to pull it off. We do not. My worst fear is becoming a perennial farm system for the big markets. Suddenly, KOCs free agent signing triumphs look like the way to go...poach off other teams with expanded cap money.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear from you.

Glad you went to a few games.

I'm not worried about losing players to other markets. It's getting players worth keeping, in the first place.

I didn't realize how bad the defense was until you mentioned it. Here are the ratings, points given up per 100 possessions:

Off Rtg: 106.2 (18th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 112.7 (29th of 30)

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Kanter worth keeping? Trey?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT: The draft isn't a good way to build. Most great teams get good players through FA and trades. One or two drafted players, and the rest through those other ways.

The chances of getting a Malone and Stockton in the draft are 0%.

Look at the Pelicans. One good draft player (Davis), and the rest (Tyreke Evans, Jrue Holiday, Ryan Anderson) through trades and FA.

It's not a market thing. Any good GM can get good players, if he really tries.

The Jazz had signed offer sheets before to Jason Terry and Corey Maggette, back in 2003. And obviously they got Boozer.

As for Kanter, I like him as a banger, so he's fine. Not sold on Burke yet. I just don't like his ball handling. It's not special to me.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT: The draft isn't a good way to build. Most great teams get good players through FA and trades. One or two drafted players, and the rest through those other ways.

The chances of getting a Malone and Stockton in the draft are 0%.

Look at the Pelicans. One good draft player (Davis), and the rest (Tyreke Evans, Jrue Holiday, Ryan Anderson) through trades and FA.

It's not a market thing. Any good GM can get good players, if he really tries.

The Jazz had signed offer sheets before to Jason Terry and Corey Maggette, back in 2003. And obviously they got Boozer.

As for Kanter, I like him as a banger, so he's fine. Not sold on Burke yet. I just don't like his ball handling. It's not special to me.

I believe Jason Terry and Corey Maggette were betting men. I'm not really sure if they wanted to be here but they did believe that they were going to be signed by their original teams for more money. But I do think these guys would be good on their word if the contract was not matched. They're not Ronnie Seikaly. Wow, speech recognition got that name.

Carlos Boozer wanted the money and we had a good spot for him with Williams. Good two way street.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Jason Terry and Corey Maggette were betting men. I'm not really sure if they wanted to be here but they did believe that they were going to be signed by their original teams for more money. But I do think these guys would be good on their word if the contract was not matched. They're not Ronnie Seikaly. Wow, speech recognition got that name.

Carlos Boozer wanted the money and we had a good spot for him with Williams. Good two way street.

Boozer was signed 1 year before Williams was drafted.

Boozer and Okur were part of the same 2004 offseason.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep on posting, MHSL82. I haven't heard as many thoughts from you lately.