• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Damar Hamlin

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamlin is making improvements, communicating with pen and paper. That’s great news. Hopefully his lung function comes back

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is doing as good as you could hope for. Wrote in pen and paper "Who won the game?", the doctors told him he won, he won the game of life.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
worried about the brain functions but sounds promising

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far so good. He faced times with teammates. His brain function, tests etc have all been really good. He seems himself. Obviously more tests and evaluations to go. This is very similar to what happened to Chris Pronger in a hockey game back when I was a kid and he played 12 seasons after. Everyone responds different and obviously every issue is not EXACTLY the same but it sounds like if you are able to survive the long term prospects from this are good health wise. One doctor said this type of thing is a lot more comment then people would think.. We only hear about it when it happens in sports. Still a lot to find out about his long term health with this but you couldn't have asked for better post results then what we have heard thus far. Hopefully his heart appears healthy long term and it was one of those rare things we see in sports. I remember reading articles in the past of this happening in baseball and hockey. Some make it through and others not so lucky. Thank god for the quick medical attention he received.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming that he heals adequately, I wonder if he has the desire to ever play another snap.

It does sound that he’s doing about as good as could be hoped for. Great news.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction is he will play in the NFL again. Assuming he passes an extensive amount of tests to make sure his heart is ok and it was a freak thing. Damar is a guy I had a little bit over interaction with in the draft process not a lot but stuck me as a guy who just loves the game and doesn't play for just the money. This could obviously have a lasting impact on him but I think he will play again much like Chris Pronger when it happened to him.