• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Damar Hamlin

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the public found his charity

his charity in the last hour has raised $600k. previously ask for $50k for a xmas toy drive

praying he ok

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does not look good I hope he pulls through
Prayers for him and his family

Skinsfan21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why even say it?

You don't know that.
Bud. Not trying to be that guy.

But. I can only go by my own personal experience. Usually it doesn’t go well.

I surely hope he lives.

Football aside I want him and his family to be able to enjoy a somewhat happy life

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some encouraging news as his vitals have returned. Far from out of the woods. I can't sleep thinking about what I saw and thinking about him and his family right now.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He suffered cardiac arrest. His heart was successfully restarted.

The obvious worry is what damage might have occurred while his heart was stopped. Since that would have been primarily to his brain, I presume they won't have a reliable assessment until after he wakes up.

Scary stuff. Another reason to be glad I'm no longer a football fan.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The obvious worry is what damage might have occurred while his heart was stopped. Since that would have been primarily to his brain, I presume they won't have a reliable assessment until after he wakes up.

CPR for nine minutes with a natural heatbeat. He pretty much on the other side because he wasn't breathing either.

It's a miracle that they were able to get his heart beating again on the field. The AED helped. I agree with @Fencer that the thing I'm most concerned with is his brain function.

Sadly, I think the NFL, possibly the NHL will over react and require that every team have cardiological equipment and a cardiologist available on the sidelines for every game.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CPR for nine minutes with a natural heatbeat. He pretty much on the other side because he wasn't breathing either.

It's a miracle that they were able to get his heart beating again on the field. The AED helped. I agree with @Fencer that the thing I'm most concerned with is his brain function.

Sadly, I think the NFL, possibly the NHL will over react and require that every team have cardiological equipment and a cardiologist available on the sidelines for every game.

Did they use a portable defibrillator on the field?

Those things are very common. I would be very surprised if any professional sport does not have one in every arena.
Some restaurants, Gyms etc even have them ready.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would that be an overreaction? I get this was basically a one of scenario but having it saved his life. Also, it would be great to have one in case a fan or employee needed it as well

I hope and pray Hamlin is ok and can return to a somewhat normal life

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guessing you didn't mean it this way but football fan or not this is still very scary/concerning stuff. Now if you were glad you didn't play football because of stuff like this then I get it.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hope he pulls through. Scary stuff and tough to watch.

On the AED they clearly had one close by and should. My daughters high school sports team carries an AED everywhere they travel for crying out loud.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what more “cardiological equipment” they would add that isn’t already ubiquitous.

Defibrillators are everywhere. Intubation equipment is ubiquitous. They wouldn’t risk more evasive stuff on the field.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing you didn't mean it this way but football fan or not this is still very scary/concerning stuff. Now if you were glad you didn't play football because of stuff like this then I get it.
I mean what I wrote. It became increasingly hard for me to enjoy big hits as I became more aware of the consequences.

From there it was a small step to being glad I stopped supporting the sport in any way.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean what I wrote. It became increasingly hard for me to enjoy big hits as I became more aware of the consequences.

From there it was a small step to being glad I stopped supporting the sport in any way.

Nah- I think you missed what I was trying to say. I know you don' like football. Could care less about that but I KNOW you care about the well being of Hamlin. Football fan or not.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My old hockey rink, a small place mostly used for high school hockey, has one. One night it got called into service when an older guy collapsed on the ice. No doctor, but the instructions were clear enough and they had him going before the ambulance got there. He pulled through.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah- I think you missed what I was trying to say. I know you don' like football. Could care less about that but I KNOW you care about the well being of Hamlin. Football fan or not.
Indeed.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hope he pulls through. Scary stuff and tough to watch.

On the AED they clearly had one close by and should. My daughters high school sports team carries an AED everywhere they travel for crying out loud.
Short of a hospital an NFL game is the next best place something like this can occur.