• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D Wade's Poor Play

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice progression! You may have a point there. So can we say that any coach is as great as his players are? Or....Some coaches just have a better understanding of the game and it doesnt matter who is on the roster?

I think both factor into a coach's success. I think Phil Jackson has an incredible understanding of the game of basketball and excels at managing egos. However, he's not coaching the Sacramento Queens to a title. Nobody is. You need great players to win NBA titles.

Spo has definitely improved as a coach. He's still a relatively young NBA coach. I think his improvement has been helped along by Lebron along with all the work I'm sure he does watching video, etc.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a saying in the coaching profession:

There are 2 types of coaches; coaches with great players and ex-coaches

There are many capable coaches out there who could be successful coaching a team like the Heat. That is not meant to take anything away from Spoelstra. I think he is a very good coach. My point is that many good coaches never get a real chance to succeed on this level because of the hands they are dealt.

How would we think of Doc Rivers if the Celtics had not been able to acquire Garnett and Allen?

The flipside of that is the mediocre coach like Scott Brooks who has an amazingly talented roster and who wins games, but is not able to maximize the talent that he has.