• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D-Line

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's feeling a little thin to me.

I worry we have too much riding on Melton and Peppers' play. With Peppers getting up there in age, and injury to him would devastate this line. A lot riding on unproven Wooten and McClellin. With Ellis' untimely retirement, Turk McBride out for the season, and allowing Izzy to walk, plus those left, seem to be dinged up already.

Been awhile since I had no clue what to really expect??

I will be watching the first few series of Friday's game, with bated breath.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we could have kept Izzy one more year. I am not sold on Shea, would still rather he be a stand up guy on the edge. We have watched so many players get big for the run and lost their speed rush.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our defensive line is going to be a top 5 this year. Between the starters Peppers, Pea, Melton and Wooten they will generate a lot of pressure. Collins will come in and be a solid 3rd DT as well as Jamal Anderson stuffing up the run when needed. Wooten and Shea are going to be playing the Izzy roll and switch between DE and DT and I would rather have faster and younger guys do that. I loved Izzy but he was getting up there in age and his playing time and production were decreasing as the season went on. They announced today that Melton stood up on a few plays as DT and Melton/Wooten will do that at DE as well. I dont like injuries but I think the injuries, letting people go or them retiring was the best bet for our defense. It will give the rookie Washington more playing time and allow the coaches to get a better look at him and maybe he comes in as a 4th DE or DT.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wooton is set for a probowl season. Has gotten better every yr. 7.5 sacks in limited time last yr tells me he's ready to progress. The rest of the D-line consists of Pep, Melton, & Paea ( who I also think is ready to break out ). I think the starting 4 all have pro bowl shots. Shea Bu De isn't too bad . Collins & Irvin have impressed enough @ BU DT.
I think DL is 1 of the least of our worries. I'd be more worried about bu CB, but Frey seems to be handling that.

C

cubzzzfanincali

D line depth is my number one concern about this team.

brian mclaren

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my biggest concern is the offensive line and jay cutler.
i think if they play good our season will be good.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is right. Our d-line is the main cog in the defensive wheel. without it, the secondary will be exposed

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is right. Our d-line is the main cog in the defensive wheel. without it, the secondary will be exposed

No he isn't. The D-Line will be just fine. The O-line isn't close to getting figured out yet. And is still our weekest link. We're looking for BUs on the D-Line. We're looking for both starters & BUs on the O-line. The O-line has held us back for years. And it still isn't settled.