• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cutting salaries

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox don't want to pay a Luxury Tax so they plan to dump a few salaries. They should make Mookie and Price a package deal and take anything they can get. Maybe Lady Luck will smile and they get a few real diamonds in the rough.

Mookie has got to be traded or the Sox will kick themselves for years for not getting something for him.

Boras will be looking for not less than 8/$350M probably 10/$400M

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor coming out of Washington

Supposedly the Nationals and Red Sox are talking.........Mookie Betts to the Nats for Victor Robles the 22 year old CF and Patrick Corbon a pitcher. There are some kids involved but nothing or no one is being mentioned.

Rumor is that the Red Sox and Toronto Blue Jays are about to close up a deal for David Price, but there aren't any other details.

Red Sox signed a backup catcher name Pawletecki or something like that.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Supposedly the Nationals and Red Sox are talking.........Mookie Betts to the Nats for Victor Robles the 22 year old CF and Patrick Corbon a pitcher. There are some kids involved but nothing or no one is being mentioned.

Rumor is that the Red Sox and Toronto Blue Jays are about to close up a deal for David Price, but there aren't any other details.

I'd do that if that actually is true in regards to the Nats.. Which means it won't happen.

The signing of that back up catcher for sure makes them World Series contenders. Lol

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any sources for these?

I'd do that if that actually is true in regards to the Nats.. Which means it won't happen.

The signing of that back up catcher for sure makes them World Series contenders. Lol

Nats one is a no brainer.

how Jackie hasn’t been traded to AZ yet is beyond me

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any sources for these?

They were discussing this on NBC Sports Boston during a "Sports News Break." I went everywhere trying to get a solid fill on it, but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I did see several of these 'possibilities' in the teams' rumors and news.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that was like two weeks ago and the Jays just signed Ryu. I don't think he's going to Toronto.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was like two weeks ago and the Jays just signed Ryu. I don't think he's going to Toronto.

That may be but all of the articles were date Jan. 3.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 1:30 PM this afternoon 1/3/2020

WEEI 93.7 FM and The Sports Hub 98.5 FM are both reporting..........

The Boston Red Sox and Los Angeles Dodgers are negotiating and are close to a trade that will send Mookie Betts to Dodgers and as part of the deal the Dodgers will take David Price in a salary relief compensation and in return the Red Sox will get only two top Dodger prospects and nothing more.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 1:30 PM this afternoon 1/3/2020

WEEI 93.7 FM and The Sports Hub 98.5 FM are both reporting..........

The Boston Red Sox and Los Angeles Dodgers are negotiating and are close to a trade that will send Mookie Betts to Dodgers and as part of the deal the Dodgers will take David Price in a salary relief compensation and in return the Red Sox will get only two top Dodger prospects and nothing more.

considering the dodgers farm that’s not an awful deal. I’d probably prefer eovaldi moving over price, but I get it