• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cutdown Day and Waiver Signings

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuts are coming Tuesday. 27 AUG 24. Then we will start signing players and waiving more.It will be a busy week and then we start signing the practice squad.
The following article is useful information.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati Bengals cut 11 players yesterday.

With preseason out of the way, the Bengals got an early start on getting their roster down to the initial 53-man. Friday, Cincinnati waived 11 players including OL Jackson Carman who was the team’s second-round pick just three drafts ago:

• WR Hakeem Butler
  • DE Andre Carter
  • WR Kwamie Lassiter II
  • RB Noah Cain
  • LB Aaron Casey
  • S Michael Dowell
  • CB Allan George
  • QB Rocky Lombardi
  • OL Eric Miller
  • DT Joshua Pryor
Carman played just 22 games for the Bengals after being the 46th overall selection in the 2021 NFL draft. Coming out of Clemson, Carman was seen as an athletic prospect but who needed a lot of work in technique to be successful at the NFL level. A tackle in college, Carman was best suited at guard, where he played 405 of his 417 offensive line snaps with Cincinnati.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JC Jackson was suspended for the first game of the season by the NFL.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JC Jackson was suspended for the first game of the season by the NFL.
Failure to appear for speeding charge.
Get an attorney and get it dropped after appearance.
Need sad excuse for the judge.
NFL jumping the gun before he is even convicted. Roger!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Failure to appear for speeding charge.
Get an attorney and get it dropped after appearance.
Need sad excuse for the judge.
NFL jumping the gun before he is even convicted. Roger!
Smells of contempt of the judicial system by thinking it's only a speeding ticket. It's not a good look. He should be suspended for being a douche about it instead of paying the respect that most of us would. It's a mistake that many make, but that's no reason to not take an action, which could be perceived as condoning an entitled behavior.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smells of contempt of the judicial system by thinking it's only a speeding ticket. It's not a good look. He should be suspended for being a douche about it instead of paying the respect that most of us would. It's a mistake that many make, but that's no reason to not take an action, which could be perceived as condoning an entitled behavior.
Forgetting a court apperance for speeding is easy. Most courts take months to see a judge.
He should have paid a lawyer to appera immediately after getting the ticket.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgetting a court apperance for speeding is easy. Most courts take months to see a judge.
He should have paid a lawyer to appera immediately after getting the ticket.
And he is a free agent. There are reasons why teams won't bring him in or the Patriots didn't want him back.

How fast was he driving? 85 in a 70? 65 in a 45?? 75 in a 20 school zone??

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he is a free agent. There are reasons why teams won't bring him in or the Patriots didn't want him back.

How fast was he driving? 85 in a 70? 65 in a 45?? 75 in a 20 school zone??
I don't care, really. I have always driven too fast.
I have learned how to not look like I'm speeding and I've never driven while black.....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or contempt of his own intelligence.

I will say, I have had a cop tell me the wrong date that I had to pay or appear for a ticket.
I have also seen some pretty bad hand writing on a ticket that I had zero idea what it said.

So maybe he didn't intentionally or even knowingly miss a court date. Just wasn't smart enough to be sure of the date.

Or, he was smoking to much dope.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max Scharping is the 1st good O-lineman being released that I have seen. Eagles have a good O-line and lack room.

"The 6-foot-6, 325-pound Scharping turns 28 in August. In his career, the Green Bay native has played in 79 regular-season games with 33 starts primarily at left guard, all in his time with the Texans."

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max Scharping is the 1st good O-lineman being released that I have seen. Eagles have a good O-line and lack room.

"The 6-foot-6, 325-pound Scharping turns 28 in August. In his career, the Green Bay native has played in 79 regular-season games with 33 starts primarily at left guard, all in his time with the Texans."
Sad part is that Wolfe will not sign anyone. Doing so would make him look bad because of the Dumpster fire he's put together. Signing someone would mean that he would have to cut someone plugged in at an OL position that he's not prepared to play full time.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad part is that Wolfe will not sign anyone. Doing so would make him look bad because of the Dumpster fire he's put together. Signing someone would mean that he would have to cut someone plugged in at an OL position that he's not prepared to play full time.
Rebuilds have growing pains.
He's doing the best he can.
I think he should trade for Trent Williams and Lane Johnson......

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is going to cut a good/decent offensive tackle. It just isn’t going to happen. No team is so deep that they just release one. We will be looking at other teams scrubs. There might be some that are a little better than the trash we have. But not one that will make a difference. The only way we will get a good one is through the draft. And using high draft choices. Not 4-7 round turds. Even that isn’t 100% guaranteed to get you a stud. No team will trade a stud away. They are too valuable.