• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Injuries

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rahim Moore to miss several Denver Broncos games with leg injury - The Denver Post

Looks like Rahim Moore is going to be out several weeks with a leg injury. That's a bummer as Rahim is having a good season. Time for Mike Adams to step up.

I haven't heard any updates on the severity of Welker's concussion. Has anyone else? Also hoping that Julius Thomas' knee isn't too bad. It looked like it got hyper-extended a bit on that hit by the KC defender.

MH64

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say on Welker. He'll have to go through the concussion protocol, so until that happens we won't really know how long he'll be out. He'll certainly want to play on Sunday, but the Broncos certainly won't allow him to play if he's not fully healed.

Bummer about Moore. Adams has got to step up.

Didn't Julius Thomas play a few plays after the injury? I thought he did, but I could be wrong. Any way he did walk off the field so I don't think that's too serious.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say on Welker. He'll have to go through the concussion protocol, so until that happens we won't really know how long he'll be out. He'll certainly want to play on Sunday, but the Broncos certainly won't allow him to play if he's not fully healed.

Bummer about Moore. Adams has got to step up.

Didn't Julius Thomas play a few plays after the injury? I thought he did, but I could be wrong. Any way he did walk off the field so I don't think that's too serious.

You're right about Julius Thomas playing after the injury, but sometimes after the game is over, an injury can worsen. He's probably fine, as you say. I'm really hoping we can maintain a good level of health as we go into two very challenging match-ups.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Schefter talked to the Broncos today and he said that Welker is doing well today. So it sounds like it was only a minor concussion (is there really such a thing). Should be able to play on Sunday.

Also Julius Thomas just has a mild knee sprain and is day-to-day. He will most likely be good for Sunday as well. So everybody breath a sigh of relief.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Rahim Moore had a pretty serious injury, lateral compartment syndrome, where a hit caused a tear, bleeding ans swelling around the muscle and has to have surgery to be corrected.

Apparantley it's serious and this injury has been to know to cause loss of limb if not treated correctly and quickly.

He will be out for a while.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS4Denver reporting that he may be placed on the IR for the rest of the season. It's really too bad, as he was having a very good season this year. Mike Adams and David Bruton will have to carry the load now.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, that's shitty for Rahim. What's up with the injuries this year that are only supposed to be a few weeks or whatever, but then they turn out to be season ending?

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we might see Champ play some safety when he comes back. Our current corners are doing pretty good and it might be more beneficial to have Champ move into the middle. I am not sure how difficult that is during the season. Just a thought.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we might see Champ play some safety when he comes back. Our current corners are doing pretty good and it might be more beneficial to have Champ move into the middle. I am not sure how difficult that is during the season. Just a thought.

I've seen this brought up a few times now. I guess it is at least worth going ahead and trying him at the position and seeing how it goes. My guess is his football knowledge would make it an easier transition than most would have. Heck Omar Bolden did it during training camp so if he can do it I would say Champ stands a pretty darn good chance of being able to do it.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible, and one I've thought about too. Another possibility though is Quintin Jammer. I believe he played both CB and Safety in San Diego. Plus, he might be the guy we put on Gronkowski, since if I remember correctly he spent a lot of time on Gates.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jammer played pretty good on Sunday I thought.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I'm just glad they caught Rahim's situation when they did. Scary stuff.

Under the radar name that is going to get more snaps: Kayvon Webster. All things considered (draft position, rookie), he has had a pretty good 1st season. At times he has been picked on, but that happens to all rookies. He has also stepped up his game in some pretty big moments. His play on the Goal Line against Bowe was very nice.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under the radar name that is going to get more snaps: Kayvon Webster. All things considered (draft position, rookie), he has had a pretty good 1st season. At times he has been picked on, but that happens to all rookies. He has also stepped up his game in some pretty big moments. His play on the Goal Line against Bowe was very nice.

When we drafted Kayvon Webster my first reaction was "Who?" Now it seems like he might be a good pick. He has shown some potential and hopefully gets better as he gains more experience.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff Bob. Fantastic news considering how things looked after the game. If there is any way Knowshon and DRC are ready for the KC game then the loss to NE hurts just a bit less.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff Bob. Fantastic news considering how things looked after the game. If there is any way Knowshon and DRC are ready for the KC game then the loss to NE hurts just a bit less.

One thing that plays into our favor is Hali and Houston are banged up. Hali has an ankle sprain so will prolly suit up, but could affect his play. Houston looks a lot less certain to play. His elbow was still too swollen to even attempt an MRI.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that plays into our favor is Hali and Houston are banged up. Hali has an ankle sprain so will prolly suit up, but could affect his play. Houston looks a lot less certain to play. His elbow was still too swollen to even attempt an MRI.

Very, very true. At this point though, I'm just extremely happy that Knowshon and DRC seem to have minor injuries. The way DRC was writhing on the ground I almost immediately though separated shoulder from the looks of it. Knowshon in a boot after the game left much room for specualtion, but I thought at minimum he'd miss at least this week......maybe longer.

Some good news anyways :thumb:

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vickerson dislocated his hip; out for at least 6 weeks.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks. He's played really well this year for the most part.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: