• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Curious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a great player in him, but I do see a consistent 1,000 yard 10td player in him. Not the next Calvin or nothing like that, but has potential to make major plays, and is worthy of a top 20 pick.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a great player in him, but I do see a consistent 1,000 yard 10td player in him. Not the next Calvin or nothing like that, but has potential to make major plays, and is worthy of a top 20 pick.

so a #2 in the 1st round?

Dont forget this is now passing league

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are several players in this draft that fit the new defense. Donald,Tuitt,Roberson,Shazier,joyner,Telvin Smith are some that I like

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick 9 games out of these 16 and tell me does it look realistic to go above 8-8 next year.

Home games:
New York Giants (7-9)
Philadelphia (10-6)
Washington (3-13)
Arizona (10-6)
San Francisco (12-4)
Houston (2-14)
Indianapolis (11-5)
New Orleans (11-5)

Cowboys’ road games:

New York Giants (7-9)
Philadelphia (10-6)
Washington (3-13)
St. Louis (7-9)
Seattle (13-3)
Jacksonville (4-12) — at London
Tennessee (7-9)
Chicago (8-8)

I say this to put it to this point, if Dallas goes 8-8 or worse, would you end it all and start over? New coach, new QB, etc. Per my rough calculations without picking up options on Free and Orton next year we are at about 100MM as our 2015 cap number meaning if the projected cap number is 140MM we would have 40MM in space to sign Dez, TSmith (who really isn't a FA until 2016), Murray, and Carter, which even with resigning all of these players we would still have about 10-15MM or so estimated.

Knowing this would you go with a new coach and cut Romo in 2015 which would give you an additional 8MM to spend in 2015, and cut Carr pre June 1st for an even wash, and cut Witten to get an additional 3MM to spend in 2015 for a total of estimated 51MM in cap space with no dead money in 2016, which would still be plenty after you sign a Dez and Smith. Do you start over and let the new coach pick his QB and majority of his roster with that 51MM in cap space based off of a 140MM 2015 cap? Not to mention as of now Cam, Kapernick, Mallet, Dalton, and Alex Smith are all free agents. What do you do? Cutting Romo, Witten, and Carr takes you from the worse cap situation to the best come 2015. What would you do as GM?

While it is early, in my opinion it is clear that we will need the best draft we've had in 20 years to be better than we were last season. Ware, Spencer, Hatcher, and Austin all gone, and Romo and Witten a year older. Good health would also help, though what on paper looks like a tougher schedule does not.

Home games first. In Division, I think a home/away split with NYG and Philly and a sweep of Washington would be an optimistic outlook. So let's give Dallas all 3 home division wins. The other 5 games, Arizona, SF, Houston, Indy and N.O. ...Houston had the worst record in the league, but I think they will be this years K.C. and win 9-10 games. The other four teams are clearly more talented than we are IMO, so considering we get them at home, I'm hoping for 2-3 in those 5, which would make us 5-3 at home

On the road, every game is tough. I gave us 3-0 vs division at home, that leaves 1-2 on the road. The other 5 away games, St. Louis, Seattle, Jax, Tenn and Chicago. Seattle will be the piss out of us again up there. I think St Louis will be a very tough 9-10 win team, I think that's a loss too. We beat Jax. I think we can split with Tenn and Chicago. That leaves us 3-5 on the road.

Realistic for me is 8-8. That's why I think Nets idea of taking the best player available instead of strictly DL or S has a little merit in my mind. Just make the roster more talented or plug holes for need. Either way Jerry goes is fine by me, as long as he sticks to whatever plan he decides to go with. That's the only way this thing ever turns around

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so a #2 in the 1st round?

Dont forget this is now passing league

I'd take a #2 in the first if it made my team better; and not saying it will considering he and Dez both play the X receiver role. Just an example of taking talent over need to make your team better. Btw someone is going to fall happens every year. Not to mention if Evans does fall to 16 his value there will be unreal considering lower teams like Carolina and SF would love to snag him but would have to jump Baltimore in an effort to do that, which would give us extra picks a 1,2,&4 according to last years draft chart, might be able to get a 1,2,3 out of SF since they have 2 2&3.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take a #2 in the first if it made my team better; and not saying it will considering he and Dez both play the X receiver role. Just an example of taking talent over need to make your team better. Btw someone is going to fall happens every year. Not to mention if Evans does fall to 16 his value there will be unreal considering lower teams like Carolina and SF would love to snag him but would have to jump Baltimore in an effort to do that, which would give us extra picks a 1,2,&4 according to last years draft chart, might be able to get a 1,2,3 out of SF since they have 2 2&3.

Can we make that deal right now :nod:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The scenario that you present here would be ideal imo. It's obviously way to early to make these kind of prediction, but playing along with this scenario looking at next years schedule the way this team is currently constructed to date; it's hard seeing more than 5 or 6 wins. That's a tuff schedule I think the only 2 teams we clearly have more talent than is the Titans and the Jaguars....maybe Houston. That would likely have us drafting in the top 10 and give us a shot at Mariota. Wouldn't mind taking a run for Cam Newton.