• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cubs unload pitcher

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things got a little more predictable at Uncle Wrigley's Cabbage Patch.

Y! SPORTS

How are they possibly going to survive without Steve Clevenger's bat in their lineup?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are they possibly going to survive without Steve Clevenger's bat in their lineup?

I don't think Beaver Cleav-enger was playing much ... I'd take the guy for AAA fodder, I suppose. He's Corky without the charisma. Feldman could put the Orioles over the top. Not a great pitcher but a wholehelluvalot better than having to scrape the waiver wire for somebody out of the PCL.

I don't know squat about the guys the CF's got.

All this does, from my POV, is to presume the CF's don't have a quality arm to help them split a 4-game series.
Depends on who they play whether I care about that.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Beaver Cleav-enger was playing much ... I'd take the guy for AAA fodder, I suppose. He's Corky without the charisma. Feldman could put the Orioles over the top. Not a great pitcher but a wholehelluvalot better than having to scrape the waiver wire for somebody out of the PCL.

I don't know squat about the guys the CF's got.

All this does, from my POV, is to presume the CF's don't have a quality arm to help them split a 4-game series.
Depends on who they play whether I care about that.

I'm not sure that Clevenger is even worthy AAA fodder. That guy is awful.

And yeah, Feldman is superior to a scrap heap pickup for sure...hell, maybe even superior to Garza, who some desperate team no doubt will overpay the Cubs for shortly.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come, on a pitch in the dirt, Cozart stays anchored at first base?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 men on and 0 outs ... Dusty sends Cozart up there with evidently no clue in mind.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He apparently couldn't beat Corky in a foot race?

That's all I got.

Maybe that's why he never attempts to steal on the rare occasions he actually reaches 1st base.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually didn't have an issue with that. All it does is ensure another Votto pitch around, and tHom made a good point about maybe they weren't comfy with a bunt with Bailey on 2nd.

Of course as things turned out, I wish we would've seen another Votto pitch around.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually didn't have an issue with that. All it does is ensure another Votto pitch around, and tHom made a good point about maybe they weren't comfy with a bunt with Bailey on 2nd.

Of course as things turned out, I wish we would've seen another Votto pitch around.

Problem was, it was Phillips at the plate. A ball in the dirt, a runner with 2 outs ought to be leaning toward 2nd base anyhow. No way does the catcher get the ball, recover, and make a throw. Even if he does, it's only a third out.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem was, it was Phillips at the plate. A ball in the dirt, a runner with 2 outs ought to be leaning toward 2nd base anyhow. No way does the catcher get the ball, recover, and make a throw. Even if he does, it's only a third out.

Yeah sorry. I quoted the wrong post.

I agree about Cozart being anchored to 1st base. He should have been on 2nd.

I was talking about Cozart not bunting with 2 on and none out.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillips and Frazier consistently swing at terrible pitches

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cozart seems to be somewhat bi-polar in what sort of offense he wants to produce.
He's the No. 2 guy in the order, hitting ahead of the best hitter in baseball, and Dusty is asking him to bunt part of the time, hit doubles part of the time and failing 78 percent of the time at both.
Cozart should not be hitting 2nd in the order and the ongoing whine about not having Ludwick is pretty stale. Luddy has been out the entire season. Worse about Cozart, he's evidently being told to not steal or has zero confidence. In any case, a ball in the dirt with 2 out and a guy at 3rd base, no way in FUCK should he not move up a base.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cozart seems to be somewhat bi-polar in what sort of offense he wants to produce.
He's the No. 2 guy in the order, hitting ahead of the best hitter in baseball, and Dusty is asking him to bunt part of the time, hit doubles part of the time and failing 78 percent of the time at both.
Cozart should not be hitting 2nd in the order and the ongoing whine about not having Ludwick is pretty stale. Luddy has been out the entire season. Worse about Cozart, he's evidently being told to not steal or has zero confidence. In any case, a ball in the dirt with 2 out and a guy at 3rd base, no way in FUCK should he not move up a base.

Cozart seems to think he's a power hitter. I would be willing to bet that at least 80% of his outs (when he doesn't K) are 2 hoppers to 3rd.

Seriously, I never see him hit it to the right side. He tries to pull everything.

And why he doesn't run? Ever? You can pin that on Dusty.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running and stealing, maybe sometimes the same thing. Stealing ... meh ... I'd rather not give up the out IF I can get guys to make productive outs. It's situational, I suppose.

Running ... meaning being aggressive or intelligent on the bases, something else. Dusty's team is way too conservative. This isn't a fast team, so you need to expect to learn how to get a smart lead and read the pitchers. I don't see that happening with this team. It's a costly way to lose chances to score.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running and stealing, maybe sometimes the same thing. Stealing ... meh ... I'd rather not give up the out IF I can get guys to make productive outs. It's situational, I suppose.

Running ... meaning being aggressive or intelligent on the bases, something else. Dusty's team is way too conservative. This isn't a fast team, so you need to expect to learn how to get a smart lead and read the pitchers. I don't see that happening with this team. It's a costly way to lose chances to score.

Oh there's absolutely a difference between running and stealing...The Reds don't do either though, and they do lose games because of it.

Texas won both of those games last weekend because they were better on the base paths in both areas...running them and swiping them.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As well, Marmol becomes a LA-LA reliever. I had no idea he had a $5 million deal.

:wtf2:

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Dodgers possibly need Marmol ? Don't they have enough bloated contracts for dis functional players ? The Cubs are practicing the old addage if you are going to lose, you can always lose cheaper. I wonder how long Cubs fans are going to be willing to wait on Theo to achieve his dream- building a winning team (as opposed to buying one)...it may work out, the Cubbies been waiting for a century, and it might take Theo that long to figure it out.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found it interesting how the yarn-spinners are trying to justify the Marmol deal.
He's for low-leverage situations, they say.
Every pitcher in baseball can be used in low-leverage games, which is either winning 13-2 or losing 11-0.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Low leverage...like all the 162 games in any non contract season Dusty Baker is involved in ?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Low leverage...like all the 162 games in any non contract season Dusty Baker is involved in ?

I can't believe the Dodgers actually think they are on the path to success by adding Marmol.
The guy CAN pitch but he's going to melt down too often to help them sustain any momentum.
Right now, they need to get to 2nd place.

Worst deal of the week is the Rangers adding Manny, who is still being Manny, to a minor deal.
This guy can't play now, regardless of anything else he brings. Hell, Jose Canseco would be a better deal.