• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Cubs/Rox - NL Wild Card

Who ya got winning the game tonight?

• Rockies

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Cubs

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap. Still trying to recover from my Mahomes nightmare last night. This is killing me.

I didn't watch the game. Why couldn't the Broncos defense do what they had done in the first 3 quarters?

Is the retirement of DeMarcus Ware still affecting the defense?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch the game. Why couldn't the Broncos defense do what they had done in the first 3 quarters?

Is the retirement of DeMarcus Ware still affecting the defense?

Nah, DeMarcus has been gone for a couple of years and the Broncos did pick up Bradley Chubb to fill that role in the draft. I would put it down as a combination of how good Mahomes is, coupled with some head-scratching coaching decisions. The Broncos didn't play an aggressive style in the 4th quarter and I would put that on the coaches.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, DeMarcus has been gone for a couple of years and the Broncos did pick up Bradley Chubb to fill that role in the draft. I would put it down as a combination of how good Mahomes is, coupled with some head-scratching coaching decisions. The Broncos didn't play an aggressive style in the 4th quarter and I would put that on the coaches.

What were some of the head-scratching decisions?

And is the lack of aggressive style more about the offense, or at both ends of the field?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were some of the head-scratching decisions?

And is the lack of aggressive style more about the offense, or at both ends of the field?

The defensive play calling got really soft toward the end and they went away from what had been successful through three quarters. The Broncos were also running the ball well but went to more of a passing game. Still not sure why the coaches made those decisions. I guess if the Broncos had won, I would call the coaches brilliant but that clearly is not the case.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defensive play calling got really soft toward the end and they went away from what had been successful through three quarters. The Broncos were also running the ball well but went to more of a passing game. Still not sure why the coaches made those decisions. I guess if the Broncos had won, I would call the coaches brilliant but that clearly is not the case.

What do you think of Keenum so far?

Also, I read this elsewhere, but it seems like a lot of QBs get good after Jeff Fisher leaves them:

Jared Goff, Sam Bradford, Nick Foles, Case Keenum and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of Keenum so far?

Also, I read this elsewhere, but it seems like a lot of QBs get good after Jeff Fisher leaves them:

Jared Goff, Sam Bradford, Nick Foles, Case Keenum and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Keenum gets one more game from me to prove that he can come through in the clutch. Through 4 games, he's thrown a bunch of picks and not come through when there was an opportunity to take the game. Looks more like journeyman Keenum than what we saw last year with the Vikings. He's not bad (competent) and his teammates like him but we are going to need better to get to the promise land.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayward contract: 8 years for $184M, paid through 2023.......owe him $106M more
That is shitty. At least he hit .270.
Fowler hit .180. He had a few pitchers ahead of him.

You are paying Heyward $23.5 million and the Cards are paying Fowler 16.5 million. I guess you win (or lose).

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is shitty. At least he hit .270.
Fowler hit .180. He had a few pitchers ahead of him.

You are paying Heyward $23.5 million and the Cards are paying Fowler 16.5 million. I guess you win (or lose).

Chris Davis is the winner! Hit worse than Fowler and made as much as Heyward! The worst of both worlds!!!!! Only 4 more years to go.