• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CROSBY

SharkFan0720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would like to hear what people have to say with regards to Crosby. Maybe Im in the minority, but I think concussions are getting a little overblown. It would be one thing if he had numerous concussions, but this is one or two instances. I think doctors and the media have scared players to death with concussions. Im not saying concussions arent serious, but is it really necessary to sit out the rest of a season from a concussion? Maybe there are doctors on here that can make me look foolish. If so great.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concussions ruin careers. Latest example is Marc Savard. He had another 2-3 years of point per game ability, but nope. Crosby could play another 10 years of ppg ability. He should take his sweet time coming back. And since Malkin is out for the season, just "tank" it, if they think it's best for Crosby.

SharkFan0720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Concussions ruin careers. Latest example is Marc Savard. He had another 2-3 years of point per game ability, but nope. Crosby could play another 10 years of ppg ability. He should take his sweet time coming back. And since Malkin is out for the season, just "tank" it, if they think it's best for Crosby.

The thing I disagree with is you are looking at only the players careers who have ended from concussions. A lot of players careers have ended from broken legs. Aikman, Young, just two examples had multiple concussions and are still functioning humans who had Hall of Fame careers. Just like every injury there are different levels of severity. I think all the media and doctors have scared the shit out of these players into coming back. You dont think doctors have scared the shit out of Marc Savard, which in turn has a placebo affect on the way he feels. I think the leagues and owners are scared of future legal ramifications and the team doctors are telling these players that concussions are more severe than they really are. i just am looking at the other side of the issue. I am not saying Im right just playing devils advocate.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I disagree with is you are looking at only the players careers who have ended from concussions. A lot of players careers have ended from broken legs. Aikman, Young, just two examples had multiple concussions and are still functioning humans who had Hall of Fame careers. Just like every injury there are different levels of severity. I think all the media and doctors have scared the shit out of these players into coming back. You dont think doctors have scared the shit out of Marc Savard, which in turn has a placebo affect on the way he feels. I think the leagues and owners are scared of future legal ramifications and the team doctors are telling these players that concussions are more severe than they really are. i just am looking at the other side of the issue. I am not saying Im right just playing devils advocate.

I hear you. I've read a few articles like this one

Long-Term Side Effects Of Concussions Revealed - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston

It's just one article, but I see many articles like this about the long term effects. Very few articles that downplay concussions. That's gotta scare the players and it's the doctor's job to look out for the health of the player, hence the caution taken.

I don't think it's that doctors are scaring players, it's that doctor's are learning more about concussions. Injuries to knees and arms result in pain of the extremities which is bearable compared to the headaches from concussions.

Specifically about Crosby, the Pens/NHL have to protect their biggest asset.

SharkFan0720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hear you. I've read a few articles like this one

Long-Term Side Effects Of Concussions Revealed - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston

It's just one article, but I see many articles like this about the long term effects. Very few articles that downplay concussions. That's gotta scare the players and it's the doctor's job to look out for the health of the player, hence the caution taken.

I don't think it's that doctors are scaring players, it's that doctor's are learning more about concussions. Injuries to knees and arms result in pain of the extremities which is bearable compared to the headaches from concussions.

Specifically about Crosby, the Pens/NHL have to protect their biggest asset.

Thanks for the article!