• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crazy how things change.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is strange and you never can tell what you'll get. Its strange how the Lions have two new coordinators and of of the two, one seems to have their scheme working really well. I guess it would be asking a lot for a top defense and a top offense given the situation. Hats off to Austin and those guys playing hard on defense.

I wont bash Lombardi because I do realize this is his first crack at it and things do take time. This is a "work in progress" and it has been stated that players on the offense are still trying to identify their roles. I think they get a lot better by the second half of the season. I think most of the issues stem from the newness and complexity of the scheme.

That said, Im almost certain Linehan would have this offense rolling right now. I wonder if Caldwell even thought about keeping him. He's doing good over there in Dallas.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most surprising thing to be is the O-line. How can it be a top ten unit last season and then go to bottom ten with the same 5 guys? Seems like they should be even more solid with the extra time to gel. Maybe it is the new offense?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What ever schemes the O-line is running they sure are having difficulties picking it up. I find it hard to believe this is the same line the Lions had last year.

When you don't have time to go through your progressions not having CJ becomes a much bigger loss. He is never actually covered so Stafford doesn't need to worry about checking it down. The last three games with a lame or missing CJ Stafford is rushed and is quick to get the ball out after only one read.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most surprising thing to be is the O-line. How can it be a top ten unit last season and then go to bottom ten with the same 5 guys? Seems like they should be even more solid with the extra time to gel. Maybe it is the new offense?

I would say its a combination of raiola returning to pure suckiness and waddle still not 100 percent.