• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cox Playing Over Wright?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article about it and I cant copy and paste from this phone, maybe a little help.
Cox hasn't looked thay good to me. In the article it said that Wright was fine for the Green Bay game and was expected to replaced the injured Rogers, then boom, no pt for Wright.
In Carolina same thing.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cox is horrible, it is a mistake playing him instead of Wright.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Agreed but didn't Cox break up the pass in the end zone to end the game vs Car? Not justifying him over wright but just curious.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I miss something? Cox is horrible? I'm just wondering what makes you say that. I havent looked at the stats, but it is just a general feeling that Cox has done well by what I have seen on Sundays. I cant remember seeing him get beat accept maybe once or twice this year, when he was on the field. did you guys see this? Not being a smart ass. I am genuinely curious.

Maybe its just cause i never liked Wright from the start. He doesnt put out the effort. doesnt play to the whistle. For me, there is no room for a guy like that on the field for the 49ers. Cox leaves it all out there on the field, He wants it more. Which could be the reason Cox gets the nod over Wright.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Did I miss something? Cox is horrible? I'm just wondering what makes you say that. I havent looked at the stats, but it is just a general feeling that Cox has done well by what I have seen on Sundays. I cant remember seeing him get beat accept maybe once or twice this year, when he was on the field. did you guys see this? Not being a smart ass. I am genuinely curious.

Maybe its just cause i never liked Wright from the start. He doesnt put out the effort. doesnt play to the whistle. For me, there is no room for a guy like that on the field for the 49ers. Cox leaves it all out there on the field, He wants it more. Which could be the reason Cox gets the nod over Wright.

wasn't it Fangio who said Cox was better prepared? does hint at who wants it more.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cox played well against Carolina, but regardless of who plays between Cox and Wright, at least his last name isn't toas...er...Culliver.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what you've seen on Sundays? He has barely played, he was buried on the depth chart and then released, signed by the Seahawks (buried on their depth chart) and released again. The fact that you remember him getting beat in his very limited playing time speaks poorly for him.

Cox is not a good CB, he will make one good play and follow it up with two or three bad ones as we saw against the Panthers. Rewatch that game and focus on him.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what you've seen on Sundays? He has barely played, he was buried on the depth chart and then released, signed by the Seahawks (buried on their depth chart) and released again. The fact that you remember him getting beat in his very limited playing time speaks poorly for him.

Cox is not a good CB, he will make one good play and follow it up with two or three bad ones as we saw against the Panthers. Rewatch that game and focus on him.

Can't. Killed the satellite. My impression during the game wasn't nearly as bad as my impression of Brown who got lit up like a Christmas tree.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will rewatch the game and focus on him.
I said, I saw him get beat once or twice the whole season. Including preseason when he played the whole game. Yes, I know that was preseason.
One of those times I saw him get beat was last week against GB when the play broke down and Rodgers escaped from the pocket, (thanks to an obvious hold, you know the play I am talking about) other than that I am having a hard time bringing other bad plays by Cox to mind. Which is why I am trying to understand where the "Horrible" comes from, as you are saying he has not played very much this season. The Fact that he has been "on the street" and was just recently resigned, is starting ahead of Wright should tell you that he is not playing horrible football.

UgOtBuCkEd21GoRe

49ersMichiganDubsA's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cox was beat by Olson a couple times including that 30-40 yard pass where Olson blew right by him and he couldn't recover. Safety was late over the top and it was a huge gain. I believe it was a third down as well. I don't understand Cox over Wright either. There something we don't know. Maybe Wright isn't ok or maybe he isn't playing well in practice. Got to trust the coaches.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't. Killed the satellite. My impression during the game wasn't nearly as bad as my impression of Brown who got lit up like a Christmas tree.

Brown did have an awful game but he was playing against Steve Smith. Not saying that Brown is anything special either but he was on a talented WR.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect rogers will be active this game so that should help

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brown did have an awful game but he was playing against Steve Smith. Not saying that Brown is anything special either but he was on a talented WR.

didn't think he was "awful".

and on that 31 yard TD, Brown had GOOD coverage but that pass was perfect. no way to defend that pass unless you were out of place before the ball got there.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He must be doing something right. Never heard his name once in the Carolina game. Seemed like he did a good job in Green Bay as well.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatch that game and focus on him.
Just finished rewatching the game. From what I saw, Cox had 1 pass defended and allowed 2 catches. One against Olsen, for a sizable gain. Then a first down to Lafell that came right after the the pass he deflected that was intended for Lafell. Looked like Cox was in good enough position to pick it off.
I didnt see Cox on the field a lot but the fact that Cox nearly intercepted a pass and then in the very next play Newton went right back after Cox, maybe says that Carolina liked the match up against Cox. To me I think for the limited play he had, Cox should have played better, but the dude has talent and considering neither of those catches lead to points scored. I think he did an ok job for a backup. Also I wouldnt say that Cox got beaten any worse than our other CB's on the field. Maybe that just says we really need better starting CBs.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You keep saying bad things about our DBS. I just don't see it. I think you expect cbs to stop almost everything. Compared to last year we have been rock solid against the pass. Not saying we can't improve but it's been much better. Nowhere near awful.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may also be worth mentioning that Cox was awarded a game ball after the Packers game. I heard that said during my rewatch of the Panthers game. I dont think they would give that to somebody that sucked at his assignment which was for the most part to cover Cobb.

I think we have unrealistic expectations for DBs in a passing league. For the most part our DBs are solid, I think.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just finished rewatching the game. From what I saw, Cox had 1 pass defended and allowed 2 catches. One against Olsen, for a sizable gain. Then a first down to Lafell that came right after the the pass he deflected that was intended for Lafell. Looked like Cox was in good enough position to pick it off.
I didnt see Cox on the field a lot but the fact that Cox nearly intercepted a pass and then in the very next play Newton went right back after Cox, maybe says that Carolina liked the match up against Cox. To me I think for the limited play he had, Cox should have played better, but the dude has talent and considering neither of those catches lead to points scored. I think he did an ok job for a backup. Also I wouldnt say that Cox got beaten any worse than our other CB's on the field. Maybe that just says we really need better starting CBs.

Thanks for your assessment. Everyone on here keeps talking trash about Perrish, but they never bring up any game tape to back it up. He may not be the greatest, but has anyone missed Carlos Rogers recently? Like you said, the drop off from him and the other CBs is not that big.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must be doing something right. Never heard his name once in the Carolina game. Seemed like he did a good job in Green Bay as well.

He was the one on Steve Smith when he scored the TD, not that there was much Cox could have done on the play.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the one on Steve Smith when he scored the TD, not that there was much Cox could have done on the play.

Actually that was brown.

I only saw one bad play from cox last week. When Olsen had a 30 yard gain. It looked like cox slipped up on that one though.