• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys release Livings

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys released OG Nate Livings (knee) with an injury settlement.

Livings needed further surgery on his troublesome right knee in early August. The Cowboys weren't willing to wait as they've gone with Ronald Leary at left guard. Livings signed a five-year, $18.7 million contract with the Cowboys in March of 2012. The deal included $6.2 million guaranteed.

So how does that affect our Cap?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His cap hit for 2014 was 4.1MM it is now 2.1MM so we save 2MM on next years cap. Only reason they did this is to possibly resign him later in the season.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"possibly resign him later in the season"

100% correct and they will need to do that very thing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"possibly resign him later in the season"

100% correct and they will need to do that very thing

I pray we don't have to, if that is the case it either means we have and injury or Leary is not what we expect him to be. I would imagine that Waters will be fine in time, we also have Mac B as swing Guard, so it just all depends on Leary's progression and the health of the inside of the OL. Lets pray for the best because every dollar we spend this year is one less we have to carry over for next year.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's what drives me bat shit....They will need him unless Leary, who played one preseason game stays upright for 16 games and is actually all they say he is. Big question if you ask me. Mac B is a body that's a little better than butt ugly like Arkin. Now that leaves Waters who at 36 sat out the entire season last year. I just hope our biggest problem isn't waiting for November to sign Livings. Seems a little scary to expect leary & waters to both be good and healthy all year...especially Leary!

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will resign him ... league minimum

we seem to have depth and injury issues on the O-line.
I'd do it just to make sure he is in game shape if/when someone goes down.

Our O-line is going to be the difference in how far we go .. or don't go this year.

Seen a nice stat a little while ago. Cowboys are 9-0 when Murray gets 18 carries..... So yeah we need a line to keep him healthy

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Livings will never play for the Cowboys again IMO. We will sign someone to fill the role, but it won't be him. Arkin is gone as soon as a decent Guard hits the market. Even if we had interest in Livings, we need someone that will be ready to play soon. I just don't see him helping an NFL team this year or at least in the first half. I'd rather have kept Kowalski than Arkin, but I have been a little higher on him than most here. I never had any use for the Livings and MB signings and I never saw Arkin be anything but bad. But, as a backup, I could live with MB for the rest of the year if he can get 100% healthy. The turnover we had on the inside of the OL has been pretty unbelievable. 3 new starters? And all look like they could be huge upgrades at this point? That's pretty crazy if you think about it.