• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys include playoff tickets in package to season ticket holders

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Dallas Cowboys season-ticket holders open the envelope with their tickets this week, they might be shocked to find what's in there.

Along with all the preseason and regular-season tickets, there's a sheet of playoff tickets, including a ticket for the NFC Championship Game, a game the team hasn't played in since the 1995 season.

With all the scrutiny on the lack of postseason success for the Cowboys, who have gone 8-8 each of the past three seasons and have missed the playoffs the past four years, the actual printing of the tickets and sending them ahead of time to fans is sure to cause a stir. Especially because no other NFL team is doing this.

"It's a convenience for our season-ticket holders to have everything in one package," said Brett Daniels, the Cowboys director of corporate communications. "It's an evolution to be fan-friendly. They have their tickets online and if we clinch a playoff berth they go to the computer and click they want the tickets."

Source: ESPN Dallas FOrt Worth

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. Jerry is setting expectations for his team. It also is a good marketing ploy to get your fans pumped too. Positive thinking. I heard the cheap ass Eagles didn't even send season ticket holders tickets this year. You upload and print your tickets. I think that's laaaaaame. I love keeping my old glossy tickets. I still have my 2004 SB ticket that has tear drops all over it. Haha

Side note... Ever see a real SB ticket. They are really cool with all the anti counterfeiting ideas. Some of the ticket letter are protruding and some are indented. There are little metallic stars on it that look close to the surface and some look deep into the surface (optical illusion). If you shine a black light on it is says "Jacksonville" but the coolest part is that there is a picture of the ocean with birds flying. If you rub your thumbs on the picture it disappears then after a few seconds it reappears. Really cool.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually for McNabb and the gang that day.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad went to the Dallas/ Steeler Superbowl in 78/79- the Jackie Smith game. He really wasnt a fan of either team. He was Jet Fan. His best friends brother played for the Steelers that day, so he went with his friend.