• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Counting Down to....

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gennady Golovkin vs. Martin Murray (Middleweights)

HBO 4:45pm CST

I've got Glovokin with a TKO by the 6th round.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray makes it to round 6, and I'll be quite impressed. He fought Felix Sturm. The most protected fighter I have seen in my entire life following boxing. They didn't let anyone with a pulse fight Sturm once he got that belt. He knocked down Sergio Martinez twice (only one counted or he would have won the fight) but that Maravilla he fought was already done. He doesn't have enough power to threaten GGG, so Gennady is just gonna walk him down. Probably starting as soon as the second round. If Murray can survive 3-4 full rounds of that he'll definitely earn my respect.

Still doesn't have a shot in hell of winning the fight though.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And holy crap. I just assumed it was tonight and didn't check the time. It started 10 mins ago. And I'm not at home right now.... :(

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glovokin wins by TKO in 11th

Truth is it was over in the 4th after Murray had to go to his knee twice to recover. Murray was gutsy, though. - Every shot Glovokin lands is a power punch.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had it 99 - 88 Glovokin going into 11th with Murray winning the first two rounds, but only the first two rounds and not by much.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this the other Thread ...I figured I would drop it here

Murray has never fought in the States or fought an American so it's hard to get a feel of who he has been fighting. And typically I usually feel that a fighter has not been tested unless he fights at least a few fighters from the U.S./ Mexico and other Latin countries. Not surprising his first loss was to Martinez.

This guy likes to fight inside and that is nothing but suicide against GG. He has some power but I don't see that being enough. The only way i see that you can beat GG is to fight him from a distance, then you have a chance.

Murray is in trouble. (but it's also boxing, 1 punch is all you need)

GG is not an aggressive boxer. He takes his time and picks his spots and likes to work the body so I don't think you will see a quick KO here.

I say GG in the 5th

holy crap I just relaized the fight is over ...I thought it was on tonight ..what the hell

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally saw the fight, and before anything else I want to go on record with my disappointment with Jim Lampley. When you're one of the faces/voices of "your" sport I think you have more responsibility. And I think him calling out Murray's trainer just based on what he thought was going on in the corner was premature. I'm 95% positive I heard him tell Murray that he was "I'm dying to stop this fight." The ref came over and asked if he wanted to continue, and Murray said "I'm fine. I'm good. I'm really, REALLY good mate." He looked the ref in the eye, he spoke clearly (for an Englishman) with no slurring and the whole fight he was punching back. I agree with Lampley that sometimes you have to take the decision away from the fighter. And I have seen lots of cases I thought the corner should have stopped it. Even in this case I would have thought it was right for them to throw in the towel. But in this particular case I also don't think it was wrong to not throw it in.

With that out of the way I also have to say Martin Murray gained a ton of fans tonight, and I'm definitely one of them. Dude showed a ton of heart, a rock solid chin, some good boxing skills, and clearly stuck to the plan they came into the fight with. After a couple nights in the hospital he needs to take a nice long 6-8 month minimum rest to heal up a body that just got pounded. Then he deserves a nice tomato can tune up fight. After that I would love to see him fight a Andy Lee, Korobov, or maybe Lemieux. Any of those three seem like a real good fight.

Finally as a Golovkin fan I couldn't be happier about this fight. First he got the win and preserved the knockout streak, which are obvious draws. Second he looked good doing it. The only way anybody will willingly fight him is for a huge payday, which takes PPV and a huge fan base, which takes great performances so people want to watch. He's well on his way towards that goal. But the biggest reason I was happy with this fight is because for the first time I have seen him, he did not go out there and just box. He went out there from the first round and was head hunting, looking for the knockout. And it clearly cost him. Good time to happen in a fight he dominated, instead of when he finally gets a top tier opponent. They'll get that sorted out and learn from it. Hopefully. And in the long run he'll be a better boxer because of it.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^

Yea ..He may have said "They are dying to stop this fight" meaning the ref and doctor.

And yes ...That was probably the most clear and alert response I have seen a fighter give to a ref as he was sitting on his stool just before the last round. He seemed just fine.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jr should fight him, it would give him a chance to make up for his lazy career up to this point. Put the Chavez name back on the map. With that said, he shouldn't be talking unless he plans on fighting him.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'll bet Chavez $10 million of the purse that I'll knock him out if we fight.

Doesn't mean anything if they never fight. And GGG bent over backwards to make a fight with JCC already, but Jr ducked that fight like a motherfucker.

Besides that, Klitscko would be nothing if it wasn't for his size. If they were both 5'10 they'd be shitty boxers. Oh and Mayweather is nothing without his boxing skills. Take those away and he'd be a shitty fighter. Take any fighters best asset away and they wouldn't be as good.

The problem here is GGG won an Olympic medal as an amateur. You know, amateur where they wear headgear and it's all about boxing, not power. Besides that, Ward or somebody could maybe make that statement and not sound retarded, but what the fuck does Julio Caesar Chavez Jr have besides power?

Should of stuck to calling him s fat shit monster.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'll bet Chavez $10 million of the purse that I'll knock him out if we fight.

Doesn't mean anything if they never fight. And GGG bent over backwards to make a fight with JCC already, but Jr ducked that fight like a motherfucker.

Besides that, Klitscko would be nothing if it wasn't for his size. If they were both 5'10 they'd be shitty boxers. Oh and Mayweather is nothing without his boxing skills. Take those away and he'd be a shitty fighter. Take any fighters best asset away and they wouldn't be as good.

The problem here is GGG won an Olympic medal as an amateur. You know, amateur where they wear headgear and it's all about boxing, not power. Besides that, Ward or somebody could maybe make that statement and not sound retarded, but what the fuck does Julio Caesar Chavez Jr have besides power?

Should of stuck to calling him s fat shit monster.

Jr is decent when he trains but he rarely ever does that so he looks like a pile of shit out there most of the time.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Without his power he's..." Let me just stop you there, Julio. These are the dumbest comments people make. GGG HAS power and that is why he's so scary. While you're at it, might as well say if Brady wasn't so savvy he wouldn't be a great QB, if Lebron wasn't so skilled he wouldn't be a good player, if Klitschko wasn't so tall...

Just dumb.