• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

could this guy be in the mix next years ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Redskins: De'Anthony Thomas, RB/WR, Oregon
The Redskins could use more weapons for Robert Griffin III to work with. Thomas could be a great play-maker for Griffin.

Thomas is perhaps the fastest player in college football entering the 2013 season. He ran for 701 yards (7.6 average) and 11 touchdowns last year. The sophomore also caught 45 passes for 455 yards and five scores. Thomas averaged 24 yards per kick return and 17 yards per punt return on special teams, too. He took back both a kickoff and a punt for a touchdown.

Though Thomas only received 55 carries in 2011, he averaged 10.8 yards per carry and totaled 595 yards with seven touchdowns. Thomas was also used as a wide receiver. He hauled in 46 passes for 605 yards and nine touchdowns. The true freshman also got in on kick returns, averaging 27 yards per return and taking two back for touchdowns.

There is no doubt that Thomas (5-9, 173) is an exciting weapon who is a threat to score on any touch. If the junior was bigger, he would be sure fire first-round pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. Thomas would be probably be best used in the NFL as a slot receiver who gets some occasional carries as a running back.

i know its ealy but i saw this and scratched my head

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love watching this guy run. de'anthony in a skins jersey would be amazing.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he would be exciting and fun to watch in the burgandy and gold.....but....NO.....I dont want him unless he drops ALOT.....

1st round RGIII
2nd...ILB, S, RT
3rd see above
4th see above
5th CB.....or see above
6th DT or see above

get the picture? This is a Luxery pick, and unfortunatly, with the holes we have on our team.....We cant Afford a luxery pick like this!!!!

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he would be exciting and fun to watch in the burgandy and gold.....but....NO.....I dont want him unless he drops ALOT.....

1st round RGIII
2nd...ILB, S, RT
3rd see above
4th see above
5th CB.....or see above
6th DT or see above

get the picture? This is a Luxery pick, and unfortunatly, with the holes we have on our team.....We cant Afford a luxery pick like this!!!!
But they will have ample cash to spend next year to fill some of the holes you mentioned which may give them a luxury pick after all.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Skins will be spending some money in free agency next year. Putting themselves in a position to take best player available. Rather than drafing based on need.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree that they will be spending money in Free Agency.... and could go with a luxery pick like suggested....However.....I would hope that they would still look to fill some of those more NEED poitions with quality young Depth in addition to the F/A they picked up......

Everyone here is excited for the speed, of our Rookie Rbs. from this years draft.....The hope is that this year or next year they will be fulfilling that role in the backfield....Now you want to just give up on them and take another kid to fill that role with a 2nd round pick??? I dont!!!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree that they will be spending money in Free Agency.... and could go with a luxery pick like suggested....However.....I would hope that they would still look to fill some of those more NEED poitions with quality young Depth in addition to the F/A they picked up......

Everyone here is excited for the speed, of our Rookie Rbs. from this years draft.....The hope is that this year or next year they will be fulfilling that role in the backfield....Now you want to just give up on them and take another kid to fill that role with a 2nd round pick??? I dont!!!!

if we do well in FA then perhaps we can make a pick like that

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bpa all the way

ZoneRead

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many holes that need filling that they can essentially go BPA in the first round. ILB, RT, S, CB all could use first round talent.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I'll watch this season before moving on to next season. Maybe we'll draft my nephew in three years. London will probably be ready to retire by then.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many holes that need filling that they can essentially go BPA in the first round. ILB, RT, S, CB all could use first round talent.
i like our corners but hall and wilson wont be here for much longer so i see what you mean.