• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Corky's out of the bottle again!

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3913997432_2e2c0bb1ed.jpg

So in case you thought Mesoraco was our second catcher, yeah ... we needed this one.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love Corky. He ain't gonna beat you with the bat, probably not going to throw out any basestealers, but he can catch, call a game, and stand up without writhing in pain. What was so hard about that ?

chico ruiz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you tell us 1507. as a former catcher, i thought you would know. tell us about the knees and back of a catcher playing in a 162 season. tell us about contusions the size of tennis balls. tell us about fingers that point the wrong way. the undetected, and untreated, concussions would be an interesting topic.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cork belongs in
Cooperstown for one reason or another. I guess he can afford a ticket.
Either way, he represents the guys who have to be around if you wan to win anything.
He was pretty useful in 2010 from time to time.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to excuse my reduced physical and mental capacity on catching. Id rather blame my suspect genetics, Mr. Ruiz.lol

It is a tough life. Corky amazes me. I didn't develop his physique until I was at least 10 years past effectice playing age, or come to think of it, about his age. In not thrilled with the downgrade, but it's a necessity with both our top guys beat up. It's only halfway thru the season...

chico ruiz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny funny stuff 1507. much appreciated in these dark days of being a reds fan. very gloomy indeed. yes, the entire organization is run by a bunch of scary horribly knarled nitwits. it's obvious that wholesale changes are imperative. castellini's abiding support of a lazy, unimaginative, sinister character like baker smacks of voodoo from the bay area. he's got the media under his spell as well. i'm shaking just keying this post. i heard walt was a animated corpse now. a zombie eating a lot of chicken. drooling and staring like a blind dog. it's the serpent and the rainbow. thom brennaman got a whiff of the fine powder blown in his face and will never be the same. my understanding is that he was buried alive. my sources tell me that carl linder has been spotted floating inanimate from the ballpark to a adjacent tall building down by the river. he had a big bowl of something and was shoveling the contents into his hole with a spatula. he was apparently howling something about greenberg being innocent and financial products. it was hard to make out, but it sounded like he was also saying (over and over) 'i'm still a partner, i'm still a partner' in staccato bursts. all the while, there was a disgusting mouth breathing slurping noise. and here's the scariest thing of all. jim bowden was seen by gabp security squatting behind home plate at 3am last week, and he wasn't catching a baseball. he started playing pickle with himself, and then mysteriously disappeared without benefit of a cornfield. the only thing the security guard could hear, and it was garbled, was something about derivatives, phony insurance, and we can spread that out over 30 years as long as john q public keeps paying interest. you guys have any idea what he could have been talking about?

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO... 2 TIMES !!

You have quite a gift, Chico. I'm truly impressed.