• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Corey Lemonier

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hopes are that Lemonier shows to be a beast off the edge and it makes Brooks expendable....or Aldon depending on the severity of his knuckleheadedness...is that even a word? Eh...

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm in love with Lemon's physique. Other than that I don't have any faith in him in ever being a viable threat as an OLB pass rusher. He'll provide excellent depth similar to Skuta. I actually prefer Dan in there than Corey to be honest.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in love with Lemon's physique. Other than that I don't have any faith in him in ever being a viable threat as an OLB pass rusher. He'll provide excellent depth similar to Skuta. I actually prefer Dan in there than Corey to be honest.

He seems to have a pretty explosive first step though BINGO...doesn't that reek of raw potential waiting to be developed?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He seems to have a pretty explosive first step though BINGO...doesn't that reek of raw potential waiting to be developed?

I think Lemonier can be groomed to replace Brooks. He has enough talent to be equal to Brooks.

I think Aldon Smith is in a league of his own in terms of his ability to disrupt things. Hoping Aaron Lynch develops into a capable backup behind Aldon. (that way he can spell Aldon on Aldon's future suspensions LOL :-)

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you even read the article Bingo? He may not of had the sacks, but he was the most consistent at creating pressure in his rookie campaign.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Hell yes is does! I've been in agreement with Bingo a lot the last few years (particularly in the 2009 & 2010 drafts), but we could not disagree more about Lemonier. Last year a 21-year-old Lemonier looked quicker, stronger & faster off the snap than 23-year-old Dion Jordan, the #2 pick in the draft overall.

Lemonier is about as quick off the snap as it gets, and he has amazing core strength & long arms to get the QB & block passing lanes. Once he learns how to cover (which was something it took Aldon about a year to do), he's going to be a terror.

So not only was he a better pick than the #2 overall guy, the #1 overall guy Eric Fisher agrees with my assessment: :D

aBtHIL.gif

If Lemonier started this season he'd get 10+ sacks his first year as a starter. He'd be a pro bowl caliber OLB. The only reason he may not be is because Brooks is already a pro bowl caliber OLB. He's a friggn' stud, and 31 teams are going to be kicking themselves for not picking him in the 2nd round. And most teams will be kicking themselves for not picking him in the FIRST round!

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, when I saw the title of the thread I thought "Another guy on the arrest report?"

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because you are a pessimist by nature.

No, he is a cynic. That is why he is always looking at the bad side of things. If you don't know the difference being a pessimist is part of being a cynic, but cynicism also includes much more.

Taken from Wiki

Cynicism is an attitude or state of mind characterized by a general distrust of others' apparent motives believing that they are selfish in nature and/or displaying that themselves. A cynic may have a general lack of faith or hope in the human race or in individuals with desires, hopes, opinions, or personal tastes that a cynic perceives as unrealistic or inappropriate, and therefore deserving of ridicule or admonishment. It is a form of jaded negativity, and other times, realistic criticism or skepticism.

That describes NolanNonsense to a T. Its why I never say anything bad about him. He must have had a real bad experience that made him this way. My grandfather was a cynic, but he grew up in an orphanage, used as slave labor instead of going to school till he hit 18 years old. Then was kicked out on the street to fend for himself. He was adopted once, but the lady who adopted him died after a year and he was forced back to the orphanage. He later found out his mom just gave him to the orphanage instead of raising him because she was unwed at the time and it was too taboo for her.

For the rest of his life he was sure that everything would turn bad and everyone was trying to use him. He turned down his best friend when he needed help starting a business. He was sure it would go belly up. He didn't even have to provide any money, just labor and they would split profits 50/50. That business turned into a multimillion dollar business. He felt till the day his friend died that the business was doomed any moment.

Now, Toby aka Nolan might not have had something that bad happen to him. But something changed his outlook on life to see the worst in every situation.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he is a cynic. That is why he is always looking at the bad side of things. If you don't know the difference being a pessimist is part of being a cynic, but cynicism also includes much more.

Taken from Wiki

Cynicism is an attitude or state of mind characterized by a general distrust of others' apparent motives believing that they are selfish in nature and/or displaying that themselves. A cynic may have a general lack of faith or hope in the human race or in individuals with desires, hopes, opinions, or personal tastes that a cynic perceives as unrealistic or inappropriate, and therefore deserving of ridicule or admonishment. It is a form of jaded negativity, and other times, realistic criticism or skepticism.

That describes NolanNonsense to a T. Its why I never say anything bad about him. He must have had a real bad experience that made him this way. My grandfather was a cynic, but he grew up in an orphanage, used as slave labor instead of going to school till he hit 18 years old. Then was kicked out on the street to fend for himself. He was adopted once, but the lady who adopted him died after a year and he was forced back to the orphanage. He later found out his mom just gave him to the orphanage instead of raising him because she was unwed at the time and it was too taboo for her.

For the rest of his life he was sure that everything would turn bad and everyone was trying to use him. He turned down his best friend when he needed help starting a business. He was sure it would go belly up. He didn't even have to provide any money, just labor and they would split profits 50/50. That business turned into a multimillion dollar business. He felt till the day his friend died that the business was doomed any moment.

Now, Toby aka Nolan might not have had something that bad happen to him. But something changed his outlook on life to see the worst in every situation.

That maybe certainly true but because I don't know the history of NN, I can't speak on if he truly is a cynic.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replacing Brooks down the road maybe, but replacing Aldon? No way, he is one of the best in the NFL

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how Lemon plays. But at this point, I think it would be hard to justify getting either Aldon or Brooks off the field. It's what I would consider a good problem.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replacing Brooks down the road maybe, but replacing Aldon? No way, he is one of the best in the NFL

But will Aldon be the same player once he finishes his prison stretch?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calamity thinks Lemonade will be a good pass rusher for us but will hold down expectations of being an overall great OLB like Brooks...

Brooks can be such a triple threat out there... don't see Lemonade at that point yet or at all... pass rusher exceptional? yes and lets start with that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think Lemonier will be a better pass rusher than Brooks by a significant margin, and I went on record before the start of the season last year saying Lemonier will be the best OLB in the entire draft. I am extremely confident proclaiming that Lemonier is a better OLB than the likes of Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo and so on.

The only possible reason I would want Brooks to continue starting for this year and the next is so the Niners can give Lemonier a contract extension while he's still a backup like they did with Brock & Ian Williams.

Last edited by a moderator:

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calamity thinks Lemonade will be a good pass rusher for us but will hold down expectations of being an overall great OLB like Brooks...

Brooks can be such a triple threat out there... don't see Lemonade at that point yet or at all... pass rusher exceptional? yes and lets start with that.

The bolded part made me think of this quote.

Ricky Henderson said:
This is Rickey calling on behalf of Rickey. Rickey wants to play baseball.

:laugh3: