• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

consider this

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
our starting goalie has a back problem.

our no.1 defenseman has a knee problem.

i have first hand knowledge about back problems. and i can tell you that the more vague they are, the more you really have to worry. back problems in general, are a somewhat permanent fact of life once you have them. surgery rarely fixes anything 100%, and more often does more harm than good. don't even get me started on knee's, especially in this sport. these two injuries threaten the very core of this whole season. i know everyone wants to wrap things up in a nice pretty positive ribbon and call it a minor speed bump. but it's not.

the silver lining: boborovsky is good. i would really like to see "bob" win the starting job. he's not really a rookie. he's played several seasons in the khl. he looks like he's hungry for the spot. this is the fools gold that many franchises fall into with new goalies. they ruin their confidence by throwing them to the wolves before they are ready. but i think "bob" is athletic enough to hold his own. plus he comes from a league the enjoys tick-tak-toe goal scoring. i'm sure he's been lit up pretty good before and bounced back fine.

the other item is that holmer loaded up on defensemen. so even if pronger is out of action for extended periods of time this year, we should still be able to make the playoffs, or at least have a shot.

the net-net is: we probably should not have resigned leighton. and pronger might not last out half of his contract with us. but because holmer is trying to reload with youth, we continue to have options. but this season got a little hazier...

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
overanalyzing way too much. prongs has had injuries that were far more significant in the past and has bounced back just fine, not to mention he was playing on that injured knee throughout over half the playoffs, and he looked just fine did he not? prongs will be more than fine. he might slow down a little bit and might not be quite as effective as he was in 09-10, but he's still going to be our top defenseman, for at least 2-3 more years. not to mention we loaded up our defense even more this year to take some minutes away from prongs and kimmo anyway, so that they'd be ready to go come may and june.

as for leights? his whole season his was a coin flip anyway. there was a good chance even prior to this injury that bob would get the callup midseason and take the job. granted, im a leighton fan, and i think he will have a successful season, but at the same time, lets not overanalyze things before they really become an issue.

if we get to game 41, and its been a forsberg type story with prongs or leights, in and out of the lineup night in and night out, then i might be concerned, but for now i dont really think theres anything to worry about. let's stay optimistic, the season has a lot of ups and downs ahead of us, preseason injuries are too much to stress over.

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'm not saying the sky is falling. i'm simply pointing out that these two injuries are in very bad places given their position and ages. the most worrisome is the pronger injury. i think it is silly to not assume that a knee injury to a 36 year old player is not significant. it is. i think he will still play well for us this year if the inflamation does not recur. but the clock is ticking on his body. as for leighton, i really don't care that much because i truely don't think he is capable of winning the cup. he's a ok starter, and a solid backup.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha i was just gunna post that link indy.. that should make the first month of the season a little interesting.. i guess regardless of what the flyers do with guerin powe and carbomb will be on the team, especially with lappy and betts missing some time, although i read somewhere betts is trying to get back for the opener..

jvr.carter.richards
leino.briere.hartnell
powe.giroux.zherdev
carcillo.betts.shelley

is what i would go with if betts is healthy, if not i'd put holmstrom in there.. guerin is garbage and i hope we dont waste money on him

some reasoning, i thought jvr and carter looked very good together in the couple games i've seen them together.. same goes w/ Z and giroux.. '2nd line' stays the same from the playoffs

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha i was just gunna post that link indy.. that should make the first month of the season a little interesting.. i guess regardless of what the flyers do with guerin powe and carbomb will be on the team, especially with lappy and betts missing some time, although i read somewhere betts is trying to get back for the opener..

jvr.carter.richards
leino.briere.hartnell
powe.giroux.zherdev
carcillo.betts.shelley

is what i would go with if betts is healthy, if not i'd put holmstrom in there.. guerin is garbage and i hope we dont waste money on him

some reasoning, i thought jvr and carter looked very good together in the couple games i've seen them together.. same goes w/ Z and giroux.. '2nd line' stays the same from the playoffs

I like your lines but am still not sold on Richie and Carts playing together although it looks like Giroux and Zherdev are bonding so I'd hate to split them up. I guess I'll have to see a few more games and see how it goes.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
powe.giroux.zherdev

Talk about wasting talent.

Indy, worrying over Pronger is very Phil07ly of you. If he gets a cold, I suppose he has incurable swine flu/AIDS? Minor knee surgery. Worst case scenario is that he misses the first week or two. Derian Hatcher was the same age as Pronger now when he was getting both knees drained every day, and still played.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about wasting talent.

how so? if you want you can put carcillo there instead of powe?

and more importantly, putting giroux with Z and powe is a much better use of his talent than playing him with jvr and asham.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how so? if you want you can put carcillo there instead of powe?

and more importantly, putting giroux with Z and powe is a much better use of his talent than playing him with jvr and asham.

No, it's the same as Asham with Giroux. Instead of fixing the waste this year, you want to do it again. Powe is a 4th line grinder with Danny Briere's size. It just doesn't work in the NHL, and Powe should not be on this team, yet alone on a line with the team's 2 best talents.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
gotta feel for lappy. the fact that he's suffering post concussion symptoms from an injury that happened almost half a year ago is definitely bad news. not to mention hes 36. leads me to wonder if this is it for lappy? i really want to see him on this team for another year or two. he deserves to be part of something special here.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
oh and as for leights, well, i dont really know what to think. i can't tell if this is gonna be a recurring problem or just something that will take time.

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Indy, worrying over Pronger is very Phil07ly of you. If he gets a cold, I suppose he has incurable swine flu/AIDS? Minor knee surgery. Worst case scenario is that he misses the first week or two. Derian Hatcher was the same age as Pronger now when he was getting both knees drained every day, and still played.

ahhh yeah....for about 2 whole seasons. are you trying to make my point? or yours? we signed pronger for 7 seasons.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another solid outting by bobbrovsky...so far so good...may have trouble with traffic but if he can see it...its not going in...i say he stays up...he is making an arguement...