• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Concerns from Tampa Bay

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game(again) this Sunday. We've seen them before in a similar situation. We needed a win to keep our playoff hopes alive, only to lose and start a downward trend. I see this team as a bit different, so I'm not AS concerned. So what is everyone concerned with when it comes to the actual TB team?

For me, on offense, I'm mainly concerned with their big receivers, Evans and VJax. Their Rbs don't scare me at all, as none of them have had really great years and I don't see them being successful against our line.

On defense, their cover-2 may be an issue as Stafford is going to have to find the holes in that defense and our receivers are going to have to work into those openings. But on D, the only guys that concern me are Lavonte David(who may not play) and McCoy. Maybe those of us that haven't watched him every game since his rookie season will now get another chance to see just how "dominant" he is.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a statement game, TB just got utterly shut down by Cincy. We need to the same. Whoop that ass.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry about their big two receivers, and their D-line against our beat-up o-line.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pointed this out on another thread but the Bucs have not been playing terrible football most of the year. They have had some trouble figuring out the 4th quarter but other than 2 games they have been right in there losing heart breakers. The Bucs have played some good teams close and could be on the verge of turning it around. I expect the Lions to beat them, but this game is not a lock. Detroit needs to show up and execute

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lets not forget last year TB was a shitty team and beat us right at the beginning of the Lions collapse.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until the Lions prove they can win these types of games consistently, I'll continue to be nervous when they come around.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions haven't won the game after Thanksgiving since 2004. They haven't won the game after a Thanksgiving win since 1999.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions haven't won the game after Thanksgiving since 2004. They haven't won the game after a Thanksgiving win since 1999.

lol cool fact. That sucks to know. But Lions are breaking trends!

K

kengel6

To me, this is a MUST win. TB will be tough. But, if you can't win the tough games, no playoffs and stay home.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two big WR's... just faced that and shut it down. One difference is the TB QB may not self implode. They do not have a great RB stable but they do have two homerun style runners. Shutting that down early makes me more comfortable.

Lombardi uses more of his game plan from the Bears game going forward IMO the Lions should surely face GB for a divivsion crown.

Not wanting to look past each game until then. It seemed Stafford was more comfortable once the offensive tempo picked up. Wheteher it be no huddle or shotgun formation and quick hitters with slants or screens. Stafford got in a rhythm. I noticed not a lot of side arm shit, just hitting the tight windows accurately.
IMO go astray from that game plan and might see exactly what Dalton did. Force shit and throw 3 picks. The OL is dinged up so quick should help again. I need more Riddick.

I would love to see this team strike early for once and then keep it going and force the Bucs to a one dimensional team and just release the hounds. It is not in their M.O. so prolly close game and late drama.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest concern is that the Lions will sign Ravioli for one more year after Gerald McCoy is a non-factor. You know. Since he's the best DT in the NFL and all.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest concern is that the Lions will sign Ravioli for one more year after Gerald McCoy is a non-factor. You know. Since he's the best DT in the NFL and all.

I can see that. How do you think Ebron will do being a decoy for CJ and Tate?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that. How do you think Ebron will do being a decoy for CJ and Tate?

Ebron will be as good as Ebron wants to be. He has enough physical ability. What I'm not seeing is tenacity. As far as I'm concerned, if any receiver doesn't have the mindset, 'That's my cot damn ball, and you're not taking it from me', I'm not interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB isnt a gimme, both of their wins came on the road.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+3 for the offense: Warford, Reiff, and Bush were all full participants in practice today.

Warford and Reiff returning is huge, though their rookie replacements both filled in capably in their absence. Hopefully those two will push Sims and Waddle, respectively, for playing time (although Waddle's play has apparently been pretty good over the last few games as he's gotten healthier).

Bush looked to me like he'd lost a bit of burst this year, but he's also been playing hurt all year, so who knows where he's at. He had that long TD run against GB early in the season before he got hurt and he still looked plenty fast then. Let's not forget that 80+ yarder in the preseason that he took between the tackles and went un-touched the rest of the way. The o-line was also pretty brutal early on (and they've only kind of improved since then), so that's not going to help, either.

Hopefully a fresh, healthy Reggie Bush will give our offense a nice spark over the last quarter of the season. I'm not holding my breath based on how he looked in his last few games, but it would still be a nice boost if he did...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TPaul I am not so sure I care to see Bush anymore. Yes he is still explosive and prolly makes look wrong this weekend. I am just really thinking Riddick is being under used. He is a threat out of the backfield. Great hands and seems to have nice moves in space.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Bush between the tackles, especially with this O-line . He needs space. Lombardi needs to find a way to get him into space or I'd rather not see him on the field.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im good with Theo keeping the majority of the snaps.

With you on not liking Bush anywhere up the middle. Rather see him occupy a linebackers attention in the flats than carry the ball. Tbh, it doesn't matter much to me if he plays for us again. Gonna be 30 soon, with his three and a half per carry so far, I think it's a done deal his best days are well behind him.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No concerns with this game.......This one will be a Yawn fest....Lions roll them......Seahawks and Eagles on the other hand is the game to watch for a lot of reasons.