• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Concerned.....

Marco Doubypops

Road Commentary Specalist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No season?!? I cannot fathom it.

We were playoff-bound this year, baby..... but now, because of this lockout we won't get a chance to face the rapist in the finals....

What will I do all winter?

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You know what's weird? We actually benefit big time from a cancelled 2011-2012 season. As much as it pains me to say this, look at what we have to gain:

- One more year for Jaundice Vajayjay to gain experience, bulk up and in addition, he'll actually play for us in the 2012-2013 season. This kid is getting mad buzz from his play this summer and a lot of analysts are saying he may actually end up being the sleeper pick of the draft. Will this hold up in the NBA? We don't know, but at least we get to actually find out. Without this season, the wait is more bearable.

- Jose will be on his last year of his contract. His contract expires after the 2012-2013 season, which may make him suitable for a salary dump for some teams and a tradeable piece which is something I'm sure Colangelo still wants to do

- Another year of experience for Sonny Weems. Money will get a full year in Eurotown and maybe he'll actually learn a few things and get into better game shape than he did when he played for us. Yeah, injury had a lot to do with it, but even when he came back, he was extremely inconsistent

- I'm pretty sure there will also be another draft after next non-season with every team being taken into an equation based on a formula to determine draft order. Ideas are being thrown around like, team records for the past 5 years, etc. If this is the case, we might actually get another high pick in a draft where we didn't have endure the pain of watching our team lose a bunch of games during the season. Another draft, we pick a stud wing and we got ourselves a team.

C - Jaundice / Amir
PF - Davis / Poon Machine
SF - Harrison Barnes (one can hope?) / Money Weems
SG - D-Ro / Ariba
PG - Baldy / Bayless

No, we got some pieces to work with.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You know what's weird? We actually benefit big time from a cancelled 2011-2012 season. As much as it pains me to say this, look at what we have to gain:

- One more year for Jaundice Vajayjay to gain experience, bulk up and in addition, he'll actually play for us in the 2012-2013 season. This kid is getting mad buzz from his play this summer and a lot of analysts are saying he may actually end up being the sleeper pick of the draft. Will this hold up in the NBA? We don't know, but at least we get to actually find out. Without this season, the wait is more bearable.

- Jose will be on his last year of his contract. His contract expires after the 2012-2013 season, which may make him suitable for a salary dump for some teams and a tradeable piece which is something I'm sure Colangelo still wants to do

- Another year of experience for Sonny Weems. Money will get a full year in Eurotown and maybe he'll actually learn a few things and get into better game shape than he did when he played for us. Yeah, injury had a lot to do with it, but even when he came back, he was extremely inconsistent

- I'm pretty sure there will also be another draft after next non-season with every team being taken into an equation based on a formula to determine draft order. Ideas are being thrown around like, team records for the past 5 years, etc. If this is the case, we might actually get another high pick in a draft where we didn't have endure the pain of watching our team lose a bunch of games during the season. Another draft, we pick a stud wing and we got ourselves a team.

C - Jaundice / Amir
PF - Davis / Poon Machine
SF - Harrison Barnes (one can hope?) / Money Weems
SG - D-Ro / Ariba
PG - Baldy / Bayless

No, we got some pieces to work with.

good points kds, plus im not sure if you mentioned it or not cause the post was way to long for me but owl may get an extra season of rest to mend his knee

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man i just want a season though. i dont really think it benefits us that much. id rather find out what we have in our young guys and tank the whole season and get a definite top 4 pick.

if they do base next years draft on the previous five, we wouldnt even get that great a pick because we've finished with the 3rd, 13th, 9th, 17th, and 22nd worst records the last five years. that would give us around the 12th pick, which is bull shit.

no i want a fucking season. these guys need to figure this shit out.