• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Computer question

anythingispossible

Dangling Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would have to agree that it's hardware related. had a simliar problem a while back with one of my computers and it turned out that the ram went bad
The same thing happened to me. After changing the power inverter. The motherboard went out. Which was the original problem.

sabre0917

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So when you start your computer does it at least make it loading to Windows? If it does then its prob your HDD. You can unplug your HDD and start your computer and see if it will restart.

Download Speed Fan and HWMonitor to check your temps and see if they are overheating.

Other Issues could be the PSU, Ram, or worst of all Motherboard.
How old is it and is it custom or a brand?

sabre0917

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
try to get into your Bios and reset all your settings maybe some how the voltages or anything could have been changed on accident. I have see some computers that the were overclocked on accident without the person knowing.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on all the info here -- it definitely sounds like a hardware issue. First thing I'd do would be to remove all the RAM and start it up with one DIMM inserted at a time. If you can pinpoint a bad chip there, then that is likely your issue. If not, then it's an issue with the power supply or system board.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when you start your computer does it at least make it loading to Windows? If it does then its prob your HDD. You can unplug your HDD and start your computer and see if it will restart.

Download Speed Fan and HWMonitor to check your temps and see if they are overheating.

Other Issues could be the PSU, Ram, or worst of all Motherboard.
How old is it and is it custom or a brand?

No when I first turn it on the power comes on for 2-3 seconds then it goes off. The by itself itself the power comes back on for 2-3 seconds and once again it turns itself off. Then the 3rd time it actually boots up completely and works fine. Until the next time I turn it on.

Based on all the info here -- it definitely sounds like a hardware issue. First thing I'd do would be to remove all the RAM and start it up with one DIMM inserted at a time. If you can pinpoint a bad chip there, then that is likely your issue. If not, then it's an issue with the power supply or system board.

I'll give that a shot.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No when I first turn it on the power comes on for 2-3 seconds then it goes off. The by itself itself the power comes back on for 2-3 seconds and once again it turns itself off. Then the 3rd time it actually boots up completely and works fine. Until the next time I turn it on.

I'll give that a shot.

Can't find a panda bear, huh?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't find a panda bear, huh?

I do not know what that means but I think it means to rinse the inside of the computer out under cold running water so I guess I will take your suggestion and give it a shot.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sad_panda.jpg

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I do not know what that means but I think it means to rinse the inside of the computer out under cold running water so I guess I will take your suggestion and give it a shot.

OH GOD NO!!!!! DON'T FORGET 2 TABLESPOONS OF LEMON JUICE AND 3 CUPS OF MOONSAND!!!

(I hope you read this in time!)