• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

commanders off season thread

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares who we play. The point is, NO ONE believes in this guy except Rivera & Co. Should be interesting how this plays out.

I believe in him. Am I the only one here that believes he still can play?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 games; 32 TDs 7 Ints ..... I think Wentz was doing just fine in 2017 ... he was very much in contention to win MVP that year. As a matter of fact I remember a lot of people on this forum lamenting having to go against him the next 10 years. Wentz's career has been better than Foles who is being discussed as a BU to Ryan. Stats say you'd be better off to have Wentz than Hurts.

I have no idea what this guy is going to bring to this team but he is without a doubt better than Heinicke. I'll take 27 TDs and 7 Ints.

Wentz has huge upside for us. skinsdad, sty, and duke will never admit it. Just like writing off rookies and FA's after their first years here. I just don't understand it. Of course it could all fail but there should be optimism going into this season.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he puts up vs a 462% schedule doesn’t really matter if he can’t do the same vs the best.

So far he hasn’t been a franchise qb

So the built in excuse is already there for you. If he does well you are going to say it was b/c of the .462% schedule.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we won 7 games vs the toughest schedule in the NFL with Falco why do we think he can’t put 3 more vs the cream puffs ?

Why do we need wince then ?

b/c TH proved he is not an NFL QB. half of those 7 wins we got was the defense and running the ball effectively. Tmac would never sign long term here if they turned to TH as the starter or bridge QB. Sure we could get a QB in 23. Its still possible if Wentz fails we will be picking top 10 and selecting a QB. Then we have to hope that rookie QB works out.

We went with Wentz b/c of his upside and could be a possible long term solution here. Sure it cost us a 3rd and 2nd but that is the price they were willing to pay to get a possible long term starter here. We paid alot more in the past.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the built in excuse is already there for you. If he does well you are going to say it was b/c of the .462% schedule.
the built in fact is there

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b/c TH proved he is not an NFL QB. half of those 7 wins we got was the defense and running the ball effectively. Tmac would never sign long term here if they turned to TH as the starter or bridge QB. Sure we could get a QB in 23. Its still possible if Wentz fails we will be picking top 10 and selecting a QB. Then we have to hope that rookie QB works out.

We went with Wentz b/c of his upside and could be a possible long term solution here. Sure it cost us a 3rd and 2nd but that is the price they were willing to pay to get a possible long term starter here. We paid alot more in the past.
there is no upside with wince , he is an avg qb with no career playoff wins and 2 teams thought jalen butt hurts and anybody else (they got ryan ) was better then keeping wince

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no upside with wince , he is an avg qb with no career playoff wins and 2 teams thought jalen butt hurts and anybody else (they got ryan ) was better then keeping wince

He was having a great season before he got hurt with Philly. You think his stats from last season are average?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was having a great season before he got hurt with Philly. You think his stats from last season are average?
he was being carried by the team as Nick Foles showed the world

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He CAN still play. The issue is how well he can play vs. what he costs.
Wentz has huge upside for us. skinsdad, sty, and duke will never admit it. Just like writing off rookies and FA's after their first years here. I just don't understand it. Of course it could all fail but there should be optimism going into this season.
When a QB is in entering his 7th year in the NFL, you can't talk about his "upside" b/c you've already seen it. Yes, he is an improvement over TH and the others--that is a fact. You're getting a significantly better QB than you had last year.

Exactly. TH is not a starting quality QB. Wentz is. The issue is much like the Niners issue with Jimmy--how good is Good Jimmy and often do we see him versus how bad is Bad Jimmy and often we see him and is balance of that worth what we are paying him?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If wentz beats up on a .462 winning percentage schedule to the tune of 11-6 record and a playoff win, I’m pretty sure nobody will give a fuck that the schedule was what it was.

Also, if wentz performs that well against inferior opponents, he’d be the first qb in like 20 years to do so.

Either way, we’d all take it - including skinsdad and the other naysayers.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also good Jimmy is not that good, and bad Jimmy is season-destroying bad.

The Niners paid him too much and nobody will trade for him, and thus he’s destined to be released at some point like Mayfield.

Between those two alone, Bad Baker is less damaging to a team’s playoff hopes than bad Jimmy is, in my opinion.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont know if he can still play. I hope he can still play. I hope he realizes that this is pretty muchc his last shot - 3 strikes and you’re out - especially since next year is supposedly a good qb year.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also good Jimmy is not that good, and bad Jimmy is season-destroying bad.
Which is why the Niners traded up for Trey Lance (who knows how that'll work out?). Good Jimmy wasn't good enough and Bad Jimmy showed up too often, particularly considering what he was being paid.

And two different teams have made that same choice on Wentz. Even if you get the shakier Wentz years, I think ya'll have still got an upgrade at QB.
The Niners paid him too much and nobody will trade for him, and thus he’s destined to be released at some point like Mayfield.
Eh, at the time, For the Niners it was really either Jimmy or Cousins, and we got 2 great SB runs out of Jimmy--though Jimmy barely contributed in the playoffs themselves and missed both his chances to win the SB. Jimmy burned us again and killed his trade market by having an unexpected surgery. I agree that it's doubtful (nearly impossible) that he gets traded and it's likely he's released this summer.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He CAN still play. The issue is how well he can play vs. what he costs.

When a QB is in entering his 7th year in the NFL, you can't talk about his "upside" b/c you've already seen it. Yes, he is an improvement over TH and the others--that is a fact. You're getting a significantly better QB than you had last year.

Exactly. TH is not a starting quality QB. Wentz is. The issue is much like the Niners issue with Jimmy--how good is Good Jimmy and often do we see him versus how bad is Bad Jimmy and often we see him and is balance of that worth what we are paying him?
Spot on in referring to Good Jimmy and Bad Jimmy. I think Washington is likely to get good Carson more often than bad Carson but I believe he will lay an egg and least two or three times. Most QBs do.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If wentz beats up on a .462 winning percentage schedule to the tune of 11-6 record and a playoff win, I’m pretty sure nobody will give a fuck that the schedule was what it was.

Also, if wentz performs that well against inferior opponents, he’d be the first qb in like 20 years to do so.

Either way, we’d all take it - including skinsdad and the other naysayers.
Just because you said I would take it , I will not . Don’t ever assume what I will take and what I will not

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you do.

If he was traded to the Giants or Panthers, you would not feel that way. We could bring in Ryan Leaf and you would be excited about it.

You do not look at things objectively at all. All of our draft picks are under-the-radar picks and drafted exactly where they should be, all of our free agents we bring in are perfect fits, etc.

While I am typing, Bradberry just signed with the Eagles Dean. You might want to curb the 11 win season and talk of a Division title. They have an amazing GM who has rebuilt that team and he still has two 1st round picks next year. I suppose Rivera is better than Howie Roseman right?
Who is the better team Dean, Commanders or Eagles? Same with Dallas. Who is better? Dallas or WSH?

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you do.

If he was traded to the Giants or Panthers, you would not feel that way. We could bring in Ryan Leaf and you would be excited about it.

You do not look at things objectively at all. All of our draft picks are under-the-radar picks and drafted exactly where they should be, all of our free agents we bring in are perfect fits, etc.

While I am typing, Bradberry just signed with the Eagles Dean. You might want to curb the 11 win season and talk of a Division title. They have an amazing GM who has rebuilt that team and he still has two 1st round picks next year. I supposed Rivera is better than Howie Roseman right?

Of course I do. 70-80% of the fans liked the Wentz trade according to hogshaven.com. 70-80% of the fans rather have Wentz than Matt Ryan according to hoghaven.com. So all those fans are not looking at those things objectively?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I do. 70-80% of the fans liked the Wentz trade according to hogshaven.com. 70-80% of the fans rather have Wentz than Matt Ryan according to hoghaven.com. So all those fans are not looking at those things objectively?
Umm, that is not what I am seeing. Where did you see that? Also, if the Giants or Panthers traded for Wentz, would that put them in the playoffs?

Stay on topic. I didn't say anything about Matt Ryan. I doubt 80% of polled fans liked the Wentz trade. I think you are making that up like you usually do. If 80% of our fans like the trade, then we truly are lost as a fanbase and grabbing at straws. I am talking to you about being objective as you argue with every single poster on here about our draft picks, players, and coaching staff. To you, we run a flawless operation and that is absurd.

You dodged my questions on the Eagles and Cowboys.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm, that is not what I am seeing. Where did you see that? Also, if the Giants or Panthers traded for Wentz, would that put them in the playoffs?

Stay on topic. I didn't say anything about Matt Ryan. I doubt 80% of polled fans liked the Wentz trade. I think you are making that up like you usually do. If 80% of our fans like the trade, then we truly are lost as a fanbase and grabbing at straws. I am talking to you about being objective as you argue with every single poster on here about our draft picks, players, and coaching staff. To you, we run a flawless operation and that is absurd.

hogshaven.com. I actually posted the poll on here for you. The Giants and Panthers are not as good as us. no one said this is a flawless organization. We disagree on the Wentz trade. That is a big move for the Eagles getting Bradberry. The cowboys are still the team to beat in the division. I thknk we can split the Philly/Cowboys series.

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought you said you would rather have Ryan?