• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedian Billy Crystal delivers funny eulogy for Muhammad Ali

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They made this guy sound like Yeshua. Time stopping? Seriously? What a load of crap. I am embarrassed by my fellow countryman. Many of things Billy stated were appropriate but references characterizing Ali as having the ability to transcend life were just astounding.

Last edited:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They made this guy sound like Yeshua. Time stopping? Seriously? What a load of crap. I am embarrassed by my fellow countryman. Many of things Billy stated were appropriate but references to being a "god" was just astounding.

Have to agree with you. I grew up after he was Champ. I have seen his fights, tv/movie appearances and everything, but I just don't understand this kind of "reverence" for the guy...Was he a great fighter, sure. An interesting personality? At times. Guess I'm just missing something...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was willing to put his dominant career on the line for his beliefs. That's what made him an icon above just being a boxing champion. Think about it; the nation is mourning and just held an amazing service for a Muslim activist, right in the middle of a Trump presidential run.

That said, I appreciated his humor above most of that personally. His personal politics didn't affect me positively or negatively.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, tbh i thought he was already dead before he was actually dead. what i dont get is all these 2 week media coverages. People die everyday and the press just went crazy.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was willing to put his dominant career on the line for his beliefs. That's what made him an icon above just being a boxing champion. Think about it; the nation is mourning and just held an amazing service for a Muslim activist, right in the middle of a Trump presidential run.

That said, I appreciated his humor above most of that personally. His personal politics didn't affect me positively or negatively.

Ted Williams put his career on hold to fight for his country. So did Yogi Berra.
So did Pat Tillman. Joe Louis even enlisted. Jack Dempsey serve his country. John Wooden.

Muhammed Ali was a great fighter and a loud mouth. He was a draft dodger. Maybe he was funny, but if you don't want to fight for your country then GTFO

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willie Mays got drafted and served in the Korean War
Roberto Clemente joined the marine corps
Lee Trevino even was in the marine corps

Hell Patty Berg was one helluva female golfer and later served as a lieutenant in the marines during WW2

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does it profit a man to gain the whole world but lose his own soul.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does it profit a man to gain the whole world but lose his own soul.

I think it's more cowardly than it is about your soul. Plenty of HOFers served and did their duty.

Ali was a beast and he fought for blacks and Muslims in a difficult time. But Willie Mays and many others went through the same thing at the same time and still managed to serve their country and do their duty.

Just sayin

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only the right wing would demonize a great man like Ali. Not surprised to see that on here during the off-season.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only the right wing would demonize a great man like Ali. Not surprised to see that on here during the off-season.

I suppose what I said was false? Great fighter, loud mouth, draft dodger is false huh? Looks like we need a big box of kleenex's again. Maybe some of us just don't have a lot of respect or jump on the hype of a man who refused to fight for his country?

:usa2:

Demonize? Really dude?

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, left, white, black, I'll just let it go. RIP. Doesn't matter one way or another who praises or scorns, and God won't care either. Greatest fighter I saw, Vietnam is another story, don't we all have a story? My only claim to Vietnam was a high draft number kept me stateside, if it were not for that I would have had a #1 on my helmet. He did his thing in a terribly run war of stupid statesmen and 1000s of our warriors coming home to spit and unjust treatment. Many still suffer today of that period, but 1 by 1 God takes us home as the years go by.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose what I said was false? Great fighter, loud mouth, draft dodger is false huh? Looks like we need a big box of kleenex's again. Maybe some of us just don't have a lot of respect or jump on the hype of a man who refused to fight for his country?

:usa2:

Demonize? Really dude?

:agree: Pretty funny how some on here get offended by someone stating facts! ...or simply just giving an opinion!

I'm actually surprised that you weren't called a racist!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, left, white, black, I'll just let it go. RIP. Doesn't matter one way or another who praises or scorns, and God won't care either. Greatest fighter I saw, Vietnam is another story, don't we all have a story? My only claim to Vietnam was a high draft number kept me stateside, if it were not for that I would have had a #1 on my helmet. He did his thing in a terribly run war of stupid statesmen and 1000s of our warriors coming home to spit and unjust treatment. Many still suffer today of that period, but 1 by 1 God takes us home as the years go by.

I have to think that if he enlisted, he's not being sent over there. Bad war and lots of suffering? No doubt.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: Pretty funny how some on here get offended by someone stating facts! ...or simply just giving an opinion!

I'm actually surprised that you weren't called a racist!

I certainly don't hate Ali and don't think he's an awful person. I just have a lot of respect for people like Ted Williams and Willie Mays that had HOF careers and also did their duty when called.

I wonder if you asked those guys back in the day what they thought about Ali.. Wonder what they'd say?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Mays would've been treated as well as Ali had he refused, being a decade earlier. The equal rights movement was not as strong at that time.

Ali was willing to take his jail time to avoid enlistment; that's not really draft dodging. That's draft refusal.