• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

come on mannnn, asche has 2 more homers tonight

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the same bullshit as last year where they waited too long for proper help. asche is batting well over .300 for june and july. since the all-star break, he's around .350 with 5 homers and an ops around the neighborhood of 1.100.

douchebags. cost them last season not using ruf. will cost them again this season not using guys like asche. even if they just went 4-4 instead of losing 8 in a row, they'd only be 7 out of the division.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not ready yet, lol, he needs a couple more years in the minors till he's at least 29 before they bring him up! Preach on brotha!

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the same bullshit as last year where they waited too long for proper help. asche is batting well over .300 for june and july. since the all-star break, he's around .350 with 5 homers and an ops around the neighborhood of 1.100.

douchebags. cost them last season not using ruf. will cost them again this season not using guys like asche. even if they just went 4-4 instead of losing 8 in a row, they'd only be 7 out of the division.

wow unreal...even if they can't or don't trade m young, still bring up asche now and sit young's ass on the bench. release mcdonald or the other bum, martinez....why are these 2 clowns still on the team???

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watch them bring up galvis to play 3rd, lolll.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they bring up Galvis instead of Asche, that has to be some of Manuel's shenanigans because brain-dead is... well brain-dead. Freakin' dumbass gets attached to players and then doesn't know what to say in post-game interviews with the press when "his" players look like the douchebags they are! You are right, this is getting out of hand.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with the sentiment, but I think you've gone over the edge. Starting with the constant comparison of stats with no regard for what level the guy is playing at. And I would love to know how Asche and "guys like him", whoever that may be would have meant a difference of 4 games against the Cardinals and Tigers, unless they have some relievers stashed away that haven't been tried yet, or maybe you were counting on Ethan Martin and Adam Morgan coming in and pitching a couple shutouts. Just take another hit off the bong and relax. Hopefully by Thursday we'll have a new and exciting team to watch.

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the sentiment, but I think you've gone over the edge. Starting with the constant comparison of stats with no regard for what level the guy is playing at. And I would love to know how Asche and "guys like him", whoever that may be would have meant a difference of 4 games against the Cardinals and Tigers, unless they have some relievers stashed away that haven't been tried yet, or maybe you were counting on Ethan Martin and Adam Morgan coming in and pitching a couple shutouts. Just take another hit off the bong and relax. Hopefully by Thursday we'll have a new and exciting team to watch.

Michael Martinez- BA .100
John McDonald- BA .082

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Martinez in AAA .298

Like I said, I agree with the idea that they have to bring in some new guys but I don't think anyone has to exaggerate to make the point. Also, (probably against my better judgement) I am going to give them til the trade deadline to see what happens.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why this group needs to go. Papelbon was right when he compared this situation to Boston's situation last year. Getting rid of Crawford, Gonzalez, Beckett, the GM and Manager, led to a quick turnaround and now they're much better off.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad there is not another team with the money of the Dodgers out there or the Phillies could offer a team their choice of Lee or Hamels as long as the they took Howard and Rollins. Throw in the fact that Halladay will be off the books next year and that would probably cut the payroll down to 80 or 90 million

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Come on mannnnn"- this sounds like The Dude when talking to Walter. And as soon as m young is gone, asche should, and more thank likely will, be up

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont give a shit about the AAA/MLB comparison in this case because i've been saying for quite a while now that asche can flat out ball. you remember the conversations. when he was batting around .255 with a .760 ops, i said no doubt he'll finish around .300 and .850. he's .295 and .837 right now.

at his age, you do not hit this way while blowing through the system without having serious ability. so yes, he would have made a big difference.. especially since young hasn't done shit since that HR he hit in that 1st game back from the break. ruf is batting around .300 with .400 obp. again, no doubt asche would have been doing the same (maybe more.) the dodgers turned around their season with puig. phils, don't try it. never do.

martinez is 30 year old trash. he can bat .500 all year at AAA and still suck dick.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget that someone in the Phillies FO thinks Asche has holes in his game and needs more time in the minors. What a crock of shit!!

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget that someone in the Phillies FO thinks Asche has holes in his game and needs more time in the minors. What a crock of shit!!

Yup! Get him the blackmail photos Mike Martinez has been using against Charlie the last few years to be on this roster, it's his only hope, not that he deserves it or anything based on his play on the field, that has nothing to do with it! I mean a .300 hitter with great on base% & is a solid fielder built outta the Utley mold, I can see why he's not ready! lol.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont give a shit about the AAA/MLB comparison in this case because i've been saying for quite a while now that asche can flat out ball. you remember the conversations. when he was batting around .255 with a .760 ops, i said no doubt he'll finish around .300 and .850. he's .295 and .837 right now.

at his age, you do not hit this way while blowing through the system without having serious ability. so yes, he would have made a big difference.. especially since young hasn't done shit since that HR he hit in that 1st game back from the break. ruf is batting around .300 with .400 obp. again, no doubt asche would have been doing the same (maybe more.) the dodgers turned around their season with puig. phils, don't try it. never do.

martinez is 30 year old trash. he can bat .500 all year at AAA and still suck dick.

Ok, you've worn me down. I am too tired to argue with you about something we essentially agree on. Young will be gone in less than 2 days, since the teams interested in him are in the A.L. Then Asche should get his chance. If Amaro declares Galvis or Frandsen the starting 3b for the rest of the year I will be just as annoyed as you. In my opinion Asche couldn't have saved the team from the 8 game debacle we just witnessed but if he and Ruf are going to be batting .300 with a .400 obp this team has a hell of a future. Hopefully it starts in a couple days.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, you've worn me down. I am too tired to argue with you about something we essentially agree on. Young will be gone in less than 2 days, since the teams interested in him are in the A.L. Then Asche should get his chance. If Amaro declares Galvis or Frandsen the starting 3b for the rest of the year I will be just as annoyed as you. In my opinion Asche couldn't have saved the team from the 8 game debacle we just witnessed but if he and Ruf are going to be batting .300 with a .400 obp this team has a hell of a future. Hopefully it starts in a couple days.

no arguing.. and i see your view. no, he alone wouldn't have saved them from getting their ass whipped. he could have helped though. the difference between 0-8 and lets say, 3-5, is quite huge. maybe he could have guided them to a couple wins with some clutch hits. who knows.

my problem has always been though.. he's better than young. even if the phils rolled off a 12 game winning streak, pulled to within a game or two of the division lead at the all-star break.. he's still better than young. all this (before this massive slide) about buying or selling.. doesn't matter, asche is better than young. winning or losing, he's the better option. that's been my beef for months.

it's kind of reached the pinnacle now with young going a pitiful 4-28 since the break, 1 extra base hit. asche has gone 16-46 with 8 extra base hits. it's like alright man.. he's a good guy, but just get him the fuck out already. it's a business.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no arguing.. and i see your view. no, he alone wouldn't have saved them from getting their ass whipped. he could have helped though. the difference between 0-8 and lets say, 3-5, is quite huge. maybe he could have guided them to a couple wins with some clutch hits. who knows.

my problem has always been though.. he's better than young. even if the phils rolled off a 12 game winning streak, pulled to within a game or two of the division lead at the all-star break.. he's still better than young. all this (before this massive slide) about buying or selling.. doesn't matter, asche is better than young. winning or losing, he's the better option. that's been my beef for months.

it's kind of reached the pinnacle now with young going a pitiful 4-28 since the break, 1 extra base hit. asche has gone 16-46 with 8 extra base hits. it's like alright man.. he's a good guy, but just get him the fuck out already. it's a business.

This sort of thing is exactly why I want both Amaro and Charlie gone. The year they won 102 games and lost to St. Louis was the epitome of terrible Philly thinking. Mayberry (while not my favorite player or even adequate mostly) was significantly more useful than Raul in the OF (OPS wise and defensively) yet in the playoffs Raul played 4 of the 5 games. The Phillies wouldn't put Brown in RF and gave up two extremely promising prospects (Singleton and Cosart) buying high on a slightly above average OF because he was a "proven veteran". So maybe they lose 3 or 4 more games with Brown, why didn't he get a real shot? Because Ruben and Charlie hate young players. They want veterans who "know" how to play the game because Charlie cannot manage his way out of a wet paper bag, he never could. The Phils have 3 World Series titles with LaRussa during this run. Instead of the one magical year.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sort of thing is exactly why I want both Amaro and Charlie gone. The year they won 102 games and lost to St. Louis was the epitome of terrible Philly thinking. Mayberry (while not my favorite player or even adequate mostly) was significantly more useful than Raul in the OF (OPS wise and defensively) yet in the playoffs Raul played 4 of the 5 games. The Phillies wouldn't put Brown in RF and gave up two extremely promising prospects (Singleton and Cosart) buying high on a slightly above average OF because he was a "proven veteran". So maybe they lose 3 or 4 more games with Brown, why didn't he get a real shot? Because Ruben and Charlie hate young players. They want veterans who "know" how to play the game because Charlie cannot manage his way out of a wet paper bag, he never could. The Phils have 3 World Series titles with LaRussa during this run. Instead of the one magical year.

i definitely agree on multiple titles. i still can't believe charlie said multiple times early in the year "i don't know what to do." that's pitiful. i know reporters have to be respectful and cut down the angle on any comments.. but how one of them didn't just break out laughing and say "what the hell do you mean you don't know? what are you getting paid for?" is beyond me. i think i would have been looking around saying "what? wait, what? is he serious? tell me he's not serious."

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol. Now it's 3 World Series????

Whatever.......