• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colorado week

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on fella's no more bye week, Colorado rolls into town, played UCLA tough, I know the Dawgs are heavily favored but this game could get dicey if the Dawgs come out sloopy....

Hey 9 win season can very well happen????

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love all the people taking UW in the weekly pac12 pick'em. I mean 28.5 points? Really?

Sure, UW should win and it shouldn't be a game late, but beating that team by 5 scores when coming off a bye is a bit much IMO.

They will be working on things this week to see what they have now that Williams is gone for the rest of the season. I know he didn't have a lot of catches, but he is a heck of a blocker and was used a lot in the screens and sweeps.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love all the people taking UW in the weekly pac12 pick'em. I mean 28.5 points? Really?

Sure, UW should win and it shouldn't be a game late, but beating that team by 5 scores when coming off a bye is a bit much IMO.

They will be working on things this week to see what they have now that Williams is gone for the rest of the season. I know he didn't have a lot of catches, but he is a heck of a blocker and was used a lot in the screens and sweeps.

I saw that, this is one of those games that bit you in the ass if you come out flat, it should be a steam roll, but this team hasn't shown it can play when it really counts.

RoyHobbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that, this is one of those games that bit you in the ass if you come out flat, it should be a steam roll, but this team hasn't shown it can play when it really counts.

Colorado has a long way to go, but I was really impressed with their freshman QB last week on the road. Sefo Liufau ( a local boy from Tacoma ) passed for 247 yards with no interceptions. Don't know if he will get the nod on Saturday, be he's a gamer for sure. Gotta believe that the Husky's need this game pretty bad, but being a 4 touchdown favorite seems a bit high imo. I see Washington winning, but not covering the spread. Good luck Dawgs.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys get a chance to see one of the best WRs in the country... Paul Richardson.

No idea how he landed in Colorado.

What a player....

UW rolls easily however.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on fella's no more bye week, Colorado rolls into town, played UCLA tough, I know the Dawgs are heavily favored but this game could get dicey if the Dawgs come out sloopy....

Hey 9 win season can very well happen????

I don't know, I really don't see UW winning in LA or Corvalis the way they've been playing lately. 7-5 is looking much more likely, again. I would like them to prove me wrong, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys get a chance to see one of the best WRs in the country... Paul Richardson.

No idea how he landed in Colorado.

What a player....

UW rolls easily however.

They have a decent QB too, but they really have nothing around those two players and haven't had anything that resembles a defense since joining the Pac. Richardson did play and scored the buffs only TD of the day, but otherwise wasn't much of a factor in the game.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reposting this here from the Pac thread:

Fun facts about tonight's UW game.

59 points is the highest score a UW team has had since blanking Oregon 66-0 in 1974.
UW did not attempt a pass in the second half of the game.
Keith Price went 22 of 29 for 312 yards in the first half.
His 2 TD passes put in tied for 10th place on the all time passing TD list in the Pac with Carson Palmer.
He has less INTs than everyone in the top 15 passing TD list except for Andrew Luck and Matt Leinart.
Bishop Sankey rushed for 143 yards and is nearing the all time UW rushing record. He needs less than 100y a game over the rest of the season (including bowl) to pass Corey Dillion.
This is the first game since Nov 9 2002 that UW has had two or more defensive TD's.
Keith Price completed passes to 7 different receivers and had 6 passes of 20 or more yards.
UW finished with 628 total yards and it was the 4th time this season they have finished with 600 or more yards.
Tre Watson's 84 interception returned for a TD was the longest interception return since 1997.

Yes, all of this was against a pathetic Colorado team that has now lost it's 14th straight conference game, 13 of them by 20 or more points.

14 straight conference games. FOURTEEN. For the love of football guys, find some backbone and get something on the field worthy of a Pac team. This is just ridiculous.

I will also say that I was really disappointed in the UW students for not coming even close to filling their section. It appeared to be not even quite half full for the first half, and was not even one quarter full in the second half. I know winning always brings out the kids, but that is embarrassing to see such a lack of support by the student body.

I'm sure some of the problem is all the late games. Kids have better things to do on a Saturday night than go stand in the rain and watch their football team blow out a bad team. Sure, we get that. Much easier to fill up the stands when it is a 12:30 game because the kids have lots of time to go out after it is over. I understand that it is also them still being pissy about losing their sections near midfield.

Get over it. Your team plays in the best venue in the Pac BY FAR and when you consider the setting it is one of the top places to watch a college football game in the country. Having that brand new stadium with all of the trimmings costs money and the new premium seating is paying for it. If you want UW to keep up with the joneses then revenue is a part of that. That means late games far more often and a worse view for the students. Seriously, get over it and support your school you fucking lame ass kids!

/rant

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was really nice to see ASJ have a big game. Price was balling too. Good to see the future on display with guys like Cyler Miles and K. Washington out there.

Nothing to complain about except those couple of penalties that happened in the redzone.

We got bowl eligible tonight and got 3 more big games to define this season coming up.

Great night for Husky Football. Now let's keep rolling and get a huge W down in Pasadena.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KP has 3 games left to attempt to leave a good legacy along with the records he will undoubtedly set here on his way out. He will have all sorts of career records, but will we remember him as the guy who kicked ass at home and failed on the road, or can he in the 2 road and 1 neutral site games left (exclude the AC) do enough to help shake up that image of him? I'm not sure if he does run the table and helps this team win 10 games this year that I won't still feel happy he is leaving at the end of this season.

First things first. Go win at UCLA and we can start having that conversation. Lose that game and make at least part of the reason things KP did, or didn't do and I know what we will all be saying about that.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid win was solid. Red zone penalties were lame...

Did we even punt?

...and yeah looking at the reserves getting some time and listening to the chatter, I feel a little better about the outlook for next season.

Especially being as we should have 4 ooc wins resembling this one.

What a lame ooc we have next year. Someone needs punished for scheduling that crap.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did we even punt?

...and yeah looking at the reserves getting some time and listening to the chatter, I feel a little better about the outlook for next season.

What a lame ooc we have next year. Someone needs punished for scheduling that crap.

Weird with the 4 OOC, but I'm not complaining about the UH game because it's a perfect excuse to visit the fam and go to the game with Dad and brothers. UH h and away was booked years ago when UH was a much better team. And remember that we can't afford laying an egg in any of those OOC games, because when you have 13 games, you have to have 7 wins, instead of 6 to be NCAA bowl eligible.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird with the 4 OOC, but I'm not complaining about the UH game because it's a perfect excuse to visit the fam and go to the game with Dad and brothers. UH h and away was booked years ago when UH was a much better team. And remember that we can't afford laying an egg in any of those OOC games, because when you have 13 games, you have to have 7 wins, instead of 6 to be NCAA bowl eligible.

I suppose so. Well have fun at the UH game, it would indeed be a fun trip.

I'm out the door. Enjoy the Seahawks game all. I have to go try and help an old timer get his Elk on this last day of the season. :suds:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KP has 3 games left to attempt to leave a good legacy along with the records he will undoubtedly set here on his way out. He will have all sorts of career records, but will we remember him as the guy who kicked ass at home and failed on the road, or can he in the 2 road and 1 neutral site games left (exclude the AC) do enough to help shake up that image of him? I'm not sure if he does run the table and helps this team win 10 games this year that I won't still feel happy he is leaving at the end of this season.

First things first. Go win at UCLA and we can start having that conversation. Lose that game and make at least part of the reason things KP did, or didn't do and I know what we will all be saying about that.

It was a good win, they came out took care of business and got it done....
Big game this week, I expect them to go down there and win, so a lose will like you said Wiz leave a ? legacy on Price....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did we even punt?

UW did not have a punt in that game and no turnovers. It was as complete of an offensive performance as they could have had. The sad part was it was even better than the game we had against the FCS Idaho State team which tells you both that UW is indeed getting better with its uptempo offense, but more importantly just how bad Colorado's defense really is. I'd bet there are at least a dozen FCS teams that would beat Colorado at their own house. That is just a really bad defense.

UW went for it on 4th and 3 at the Colorado 9 and KP couldn't deliver a pass. That was the only drive that didn't end in points. The first drive of the game ended in a Coons FG, every other drive on the day ended in a TD. In the second half the offense only had the ball three times. The first was in the 3rd quarter and the first unit drove the ball down the field for a TD all on running plays and was capped by KP rushing for a 4y TD. The second was entirely the second unit under Miles and they took 5 rushing plays to score a TD. The last drive by the offense was the 3rd team and they drove the ball all the way down to the Colorado 11 and took nearly 8 minutes off the clock. The drive ended on a 2y loss on a 4th down play.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. Good to see the future on display with guys like Cyler Miles and K. Washington out there..

Im hoping we see a little more of those two down the stretch, I think it would help next years squad getting there feet wetter and wetter each week. I was hoping Sark would rotate Miles in a little more with Price, but I'm sure Sark's being himself a former QB doesn't feel it helps rotating in QB's....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hoping we see a little more of those two down the stretch, I think it would help next years squad getting there feet wetter and wetter each week. I was hoping Sark would rotate Miles in a little more with Price, but I'm sure Sark's being himself a former QB doesn't feel it helps rotating in QB's....

I hope we see a lot of Miles and Washington down the stretch too. It would mean we are blowing someone else out.

:suds: