• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College Alumni ESPN Fantasy Football League

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive thought of doing this for a while. Anyone interested in starting a fantasy football league where each team is only able to have players from one specific college to see which program has the best fantasy players??

I think it would be interesting to see actually. Draft order really wouldnt matter, draft would also go by pretty quick because you no one would need to debate who they want to draft, and everyone doesnt have to be present for the draft because you can set an autodraft with all the alumni you need.

The only rule is that the player MUST have played for the school at some point (you can use transfers if you must). Just draft players from your own school.

For Example: FSU - Jameis at QB, Devonta Freeman Running Back, Kelvin Benjamin Receiver, Janokowski Kicker etc.

For D/ST - Just pick a team where either A. Your colleges "best" alumni is from. Wisconsin would pick Houston for JJ Watt. Or B, a team that features at least two players from the same school on it (dont both necesarily have to be starters)

Personally i think it would be pretty fun, and an easy going league. With plenty of bragging rights.

Anyone interested - Comment below with your school. Also if anyone has any rule changes they would like to suggest be my guest!

I will be using Florida State. It would be cool if it were a 12 team league, but that will obviously depend on participation.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team would be
QB - Cam Newton
RB - Cameron Artis-Payne (Tre Mason has lost his mind)
WR - Sammie Coates
D - Bengals/Karlos Dansby or maybe lions
K - Cody Parker

Most schools couldn't fill a team

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed that most teams probably cant fill an entire team, but Ohio State, Bama, LSU, Michigan, USC, Oregon, Florida, FSU, Auburn, could all get pretty close.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the kicker is what knocks MSU from filling a team.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed that most teams probably cant fill an entire team, but Ohio State, Bama, LSU, Michigan, USC, Oregon, Florida, FSU, Auburn, could all get pretty close.
Bama could never win. No qb :dhd:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama could never win. No qb :dhd:
giphy.gif

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the draft would consist of 1 round?

Or am I stuck with my school?

How do I trade? How do I pick up a free agent that nobody else drafted.

The Kansas football program makes more sense than this idea.

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the draft would consist of 1 round?

Or am I stuck with my school?

How do I trade? How do I pick up a free agent that nobody else drafted.

The Kansas football program makes more sense than this idea.

No, the draft would be just like normal, you only draft players from the school.

Yes you are stuck with your own school, thats the whole point.

You wouldnt trade, because no one would have players that you would be eligible of having. You would pick up free agents exactly how you normally would.

Its a pretty simple idea, but Nebraska would come nowhere close to filling a roster so this really isnt the thing for you anyways.

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the kicker is what knocks MSU from filling a team.

MSU could play without a kicker and still be very competitive, some teams wont be able to fill a full roster, but it would still be fun i think.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mett is the only qb from LSU, but it isn't like he would play enough to give you fantasy points.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive thought of doing this for a while. Anyone interested in starting a fantasy football league where each team is only able to have players from one specific college to see which program has the best fantasy players??

I think it would be interesting to see actually. Draft order really wouldnt matter, draft would also go by pretty quick because you no one would need to debate who they want to draft, and everyone doesnt have to be present for the draft because you can set an autodraft with all the alumni you need.

The only rule is that the player MUST have played for the school at some point (you can use transfers if you must). Just draft players from your own school.

For Example: FSU - Jameis at QB, Devonta Freeman Running Back, Kelvin Benjamin Receiver, Janokowski Kicker etc.

For D/ST - Just pick a team where either A. Your colleges "best" alumni is from. Wisconsin would pick Houston for JJ Watt. Or B, a team that features at least two players from the same school on it (dont both necesarily have to be starters)

Personally i think it would be pretty fun, and an easy going league. With plenty of bragging rights.

Anyone interested - Comment below with your school. Also if anyone has any rule changes they would like to suggest be my guest!

I will be using Florida State. It would be cool if it were a 12 team league, but that will obviously depend on participation.
Sign me up for Southern Cal

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would you actually set up a draft like this? On a website or just doing it manually on paper or whatever?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me try Michigan State
QB Kirk Cousins
RB LeVeon Bell
WR Keshawn Martin
TE Garret Celek
D William Gholston
K -

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we can do a league with defensive players too so that more teams can be more competitive.