• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin Kapernick

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What he did to the Jets was called deKAPEtated, if he was in New York and he was "Tim Tebow" I'm sure a writer would hype that name up just as much as the NFL hype being "Tebowed"
But he was a gentleman and slid at the 2 yard line instead.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he was a gentleman and slid at the 2 yard line instead.

I wondered if he did this on his own or if he was instructed to slide?

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Posted this in another thread, but it should be here instead.)

I love how the coaching staff/Kaepernick explained/decided to do the slide - it eliminated one kickoff and one defensive series we didn't need to risk our guy's health. Kickoffs are dangerous and you never know what could happen if the Jets decide to go for a meaningless TD and the defense wants a shutout. We'd have some backups in perhaps, but everyone is important. Morgan, through no fault of Kaepernick, got injured on a meaningless attempt to score in a game well in hand. Someone on our defense could have been Morgan in this instance.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
(Posted this in another thread, but it should be here instead.)

I love how the coaching staff/Kaepernick explained/decided to do the slide - it eliminated one kickoff and one defensive series we didn't need to risk our guy's health. Kickoffs are dangerous and you never know what could happen if the Jets decide to go for a meaningless TD and the defense wants a shutout. We'd have some backups in perhaps, but everyone is important. Morgan, through no fault of Kaepernick, got injured on a meaningless attempt to score in a game well in hand. Someone on our defense could have been Morgan in this instance.

I was thinking of the Morgan play as soon as I starting reading your post, that is correct he got hurt and we needed him during the playoffs when we had no WR.
If Tebow would have ran that long run and slid ESPN/NFL NETWORK would have praised him for doing a good deed. Oh well maybe next time, Jets know about the deKAPEtation now.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We for sure would have had some backups in because we were already playing them that game. But a lot of our backups can really hole their own.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was a lot worse than 34-0

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick works even better for the deKAEPitated.