• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really noteworthy at all. Just like it is irrelevant under the Canadian Parliamentary system.
It's even funnier under the Canadian system. Anti-Harper folks spent 10 years bitching about how "the majority of Canadians didn't vote for him" despite the fact all but 2 PM's since WWII (Diefenbaker in 58, Mulroney in 84) have failed to garner a majority of the popular vote, current office-holder included (Trudeau actually received a smaller share of the popular vote than Harper did in 2011).

It seems Democrats are adopting this tact with regards to Trump. Seen a lot of "the majority of Americans didn't vote for him!". Um, yeah, the majority didn't vote for your side either lol.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is what it is but this is good for a chuckle ... 2012 Trump on Obama

"He lost the popular vote by a lot and won the election. We should have a revolution in this country!" said Trump in a tweet that was later deleted. "More votes equals a loss … revolution!" he said in another.
WTF? He won the popular by 5 million votes lol.

Must've been a blow night for Donnie.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and now the guardian site is down. Must not want us to read that story. Maybe the site is run by these guys?!?

The-Guardian-Project.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the suspect is dead and the threat is contained at Ohio State.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gun stocks spike and then come back down after the market remembers Donalds not taking anyones guns

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No wonder nobody died.

Except the shoote- errrr, stabber.

Buddy of mine is Infosec director over there and said it was all over in about a minute. Guy jumped the curb, and hit a few people, then got out of his car with a big ass knife and lunged toward the crowd, getting a few more. Campus cop put him down literally within 30 seconds.

Everything else was hearsay. Second shooter, dozens dead, etc. Nope.

That run, hide, fight tweet was supposed to remind the student their three options if presented with a gunman. First, run. If you can't run, hide. If you can't hide... well. Take your chances. But it came across as rather insensitive.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just thought id share ... my bro in law was telling me that the day after the election people at amazon were scared shitless. His team of 21 has only 4 americans on it, the rest being foreign nationals holding H1 or TN1 (2 mexicans on his team). Amazons immigration dept sent out an email the day after basically saying "we dont know what is going to happen" which sounded very comforting lol

so what happens to these engineering jobs that they have a semi-hard time filling with american employees ???the general sentiment is that they will just be moved either back to new Asian offices or to expanded Vancouver, BC offices ... so much for making america great again

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just thought id share ... my bro in law was telling me that the day after the election people at amazon were scared shitless. His team of 21 has only 4 americans on it, the rest being foreign nationals holding H1 or TN1 (2 mexicans on his team). Amazons immigration dept sent out an email the day after basically saying "we dont know what is going to happen" which sounded very comforting lol

so what happens to these engineering jobs that they have a semi-hard time filling with american employees ???the general sentiment is that they will just be moved either back to new Asian offices or to expanded Vancouver, BC offices ... so much for making america great again

My brother in law works in IT for a health care system/hospital chain. He spends the bulk of his time working on building things that are required to meet regulations. I gently reminded him that in the face of decreased regulations in health care (as promised), his employer will really have no incentive to keep him there, or at the very least not farm his job to India. Which they can't really do right now.

He is convinced Lord Daddy Trump will save him.

At the very least, he could move two hours north and work in a coal mine in West Virginia..

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I was working under a TN1 st Starbucks in Seattle, my team consisted of a girl from Australia, a guy from Poland, two guys from India, and me from Canada.

/Of course, we reported to an American manager :thumb:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my bro in law got his green card so they are pretty much there to stay. Hes a manager and he figures his future talent pool will include this guy

moran.jpg

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was working under a TN1 st Starbucks in Seattle, my team consisted of a girl from Australia, a guy from Poland, two guys from India, and me from Canada.

/Of course, we reported to an American manager :thumb:
That reminds me. Did you hear the one about Dash, an Australian girl, a Polish guy, and two Indian men who walk into a bar?
Yada yada yada
Then Dash say's "I'm pretty sure it can't be sexual harassment if alcohol is involved!"

Status
Not open for further replies.