• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Someone named Nikki Glaser or something.

Boom. Headshot.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
In every one of those digs, coulter looks like she doesn't quite get it right away

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QuTNmON.jpg

c2xq5nyc77kx.jpg

iPErK3N.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can make a decent argument that the no headphone jack thing is kind of a scam (although every phone will come with an adaptor so you can still plug your headphone cords into your iPhone), but Apple has a history of pushing consumers forward into newer tech.

If companies never nudged us forward we'd still be buying stereo systems with cassette players.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can make a decent argument that the no headphone jack thing is kind of a scam (although every phone will come with an adaptor so you can still plug your headphone cords into your iPhone), but Apple has a history of pushing consumers forward into newer tech.

If companies never nudged us forward we'd still be buying stereo systems with cassette players.

So you'll be first in line?

Not every piece of technology is a move forward.

There are two ways you can go with technology:
1) Try to make everything completely proprietary so the user has to come to you for everything, including basic maintenance items, which often forces you to build disposable products to retain market share. Or
2) Own the core technology and allow anyone who wants to use it license it and then let them figure out how your product can best be used, encouraging innovation.

Good arguments for both ways, except that one way is sitting on top of a bubble that can burst at any stupid decision (*cough*BlackBerry*cough) and the other allows for standards and greater acceptance. Doesn't matter how good your tech is, if it becomes inaccessible to the average user, you are going to die.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you'll be first in line?

Not every piece of technology is a move forward.

There are two ways you can go with technology:
1) Try to make everything completely proprietary so the user has to come to you for everything, including basic maintenance items, which often forces you to build disposable products to retain market share. Or
2) Own the core technology and allow anyone who wants to use it license it and then let them figure out how your product can best be used, encouraging innovation.

Good arguments for both ways, except that one way is sitting on top of a bubble that can burst at any stupid decision (*cough*BlackBerry*cough) and the other allows for standards and greater acceptance. Doesn't matter how good your tech is, if it becomes inaccessible to the average user, you are going to die.
True some don't work out, but it's not like the wireless headphone industry is in its infancy. I don't know why anybody would buy Apple headphones for $160 (or why anybody would pay more for Beats headphones that aren't all that great either but...) when there are good headphones out there that will work with your iPhone that are both better quality-wise and value-wise.

If there's anything that bugs me about this, it's that the rationale here is that they condensed more of the internals so the unit can be thinner and that the port is too thick for the new thinner phone. Why not leave the phone at its previous thickness (which is pretty thin as it is) and use the extra space for larger battery size and therefore life?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True some don't work out, but it's not like the wireless headphone industry is in its infancy. I don't know why anybody would buy Apple headphones for $160 (or why anybody would pay more for Beats headphones that aren't all that great either but...) when there are good headphones out there that will work with your iPhone that are both better quality-wise and value-wise.

If there's anything that bugs me about this, it's that the rationale here is that they condensed more of the internals so the unit can be thinner and that the port is too thick for the new thinner phone. Why not leave the phone at its previous thickness (which is pretty thin as it is) and use the extra space for larger battery size and therefore life?

Amen to that.

And since I like to mock apple anyway:
Apple Plug: Our lightest product ever.

Since I do forensic investigations and have had a few cases where a poor young lady has had her iToy (and subsequently her life) completely owned, I have had a bone to pick with Apple's "it just works" mantra.

Which is essentially "It gets owned".

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Texas just pass a law allowing students to carry guns on campus?

It's the new three R's 43 - Reading, 'Riting, and Revolvers

Edit: To answer the question, yes it came into effect in August 1st, 2016.

As of midnight on Monday, some college students in Texas could be carrying more than just textbooks into classrooms and lecture halls — some could be packing handguns. A new state law went into effect that allows students with concealed carry licenses to bring their guns onto most college campuses.

The state's controversial "campus carry" law allows students who are at least 21 years old and who have a concealed handgun license to carry their guns at all public colleges and universities. Some college facilities, including sports arenas and chemical labs, are off-limits for concealed gun holders. And private schools and two-year community colleges are excluded until next year, when the law takes effect at those schools.

Last edited:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thats what "they" are saying ... but .... i think Apple just wants to start getting paid ... MOARRRRR!!!

Not to mention all the other devices that plug into the phone's headphone jack. So long to Square's credit card dongle. See you later, temperature sensors, light meters, thermal imaging cameras and personal breathalyzers. Refurbish yourself with a proprietary Lightning connector and pay Apple for the privilege, or GTFO!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats what "they" are saying ... but .... i think Apple just wants to start getting paid ... MOARRRRR!!!

Not to mention all the other devices that plug into the phone's headphone jack. So long to Square's credit card dongle. See you later, temperature sensors, light meters, thermal imaging cameras and personal breathalyzers. Refurbish yourself with a proprietary Lightning connector and pay Apple for the privilege, or GTFO!

Oh my got! I didn't think of that! How on earth will I be able to pay to park my ethically raised vegan bicycle at the non-GMO flower shop?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And they do it because they keep being rewarded for it. As long as all the i-sheep continue to fap themselves into a frenzy every time a new phone comes out these shit stabbers at Apple are going to continue to bend over their customers and the planet. If people said: "Fuck this!! I like ear plugs and all my other accessories. MY i-phone 6 works great so why should I buy a new phone for $987645292892.00 every year?", then this crap (of Apple) would stop pretty quick.

/rant
#crApple i-fap 7

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they do it because they keep being rewarded for it. As long as all the i-sheep continue to fap themselves into a frenzy every time a new phone comes out these shit stabbers at Apple are going to continue to bend over their customers and the planet. If people said: "Fuck this!! I like ear plugs and all my other accessories. MY i-phone 6 works great so why should I buy a new phone for $987645292892.00 every year?", then this crap (of Apple) would stop pretty quick.

/rant
#crApple i-fap 7

Im torn on it all really :think: ... im not mr early adopter on what boils down to new versions of the same phone and Im an apple shareholder (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.