• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I'm biased but the NE is where it's at for the most part. Generally hurricanes have died down by the time they reach up here. Sure you get a blizzard maybe once a year and that's a bitch but compared to some of the other natural disasters in the country it's pretty tame.

The west coast is just a disaster with your shifting tectonic plates, and your mudslides.

The whole western half of the country seems to always be dealing with drought and brush fires and that nonsense.
Tornado alley is pretty self explanatory and the plywood sales in the SE are probably far and away the highest in the country. Natural disasters in the NE inconvenience you, natural disasters in the rest of the country level your house.

Last edited by a moderator:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the northeast, New England in particular. I like my seasons. And if I were to ever move to another location, it'd be further north.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got deadly scorpions and other critters I don't want in my vicinity.

Javelinas are the issue in Tucson. They're nasty. I have yet to see a scorpion, actually.

06-11_5886.jpg

Those probably aren't very poisonous, since the smaller a scorpion is, the more deadly it is. :nerd:

Of course I'm biased but the NE is where it's at for the most part. Generally hurricanes have died down by the time they reach up here. Sure you get a blizzard maybe once a year and that's a bitch but compared to some of the other natural disasters in the country it's pretty tame.

The west coast is just a disaster with your shifting tectonic plates, and your mudslides.

The whole western half of the country seems to always be dealing with drought and brush fires and that nonsense.
Tornado alley is pretty self explanatory and the plywood sales in the SE are probably far and away the highest in the country. Natural disasters in the NE inconvenience you, natural disasters in the rest of the country level your house.

Tucson's pretty isolated. There are no plants to burn, no tornadoes, no hurricanes, and we have a really good irrigation system and water usage laws which keep us safe from droughts. And we don't even get blizzards.

But don't go outside during the summer...

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
little 8'clock bean this am, then time to pack up and head out.

Taking 'lil Biz to Kenan Stadium for the UMN / NCST football game today over in Chapel Hill.

We will both be wearing visitor red. :)

He wore his ugly ass powder blue heel shirt to school yesterday, but he'll be righting that wrong today as we venture forth in to the lions den.
This will be his first experience going into the void as the visitor, not rooting for the home team.
Luckily, it's just Chapel Hill, where, like Toronto, outside of the student section they sip cocktails and rattle jewelry to show approval.
So I don't anticipate and "wearing a Rangers jersey at a Flyers game" type of shananagans. :p

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that said, I KNOW, since mama McDiz has trained him
no matter how much red he's wearing, no matter n=how many wolfpack gestures he makes.. as soon as he hears the band play "DA dadada dadada" he's respond instinctively with "Go Tar Heels", as those around us stare, inquisitive and confused.

Around here though, there are enough "Houses Divided" that everyone will simply rightly assume that mama is a Tar Heel fan.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nada. Sippin' coffee at work eagerly awaiting 2:30pm so I can go home and take a nap. Then I'm going to the Providence @ Hartford AHL game.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's a funny ass picture that pretty much sums up this area in a nutshell (lil biz 2nd from right)

It was "team jersey" day at school yesterday
Everyone seemed to show up with Heels crap on, including my little traitor.
I all depends on what parent dressed them

But today, the three on the left will all be wearing red, two of them will be wearing NCST gear AT Kenan stadium AGAINST the Heels.

545283_4926147115419_70707567_n.jpg

As they say .... "House divided"

house_divided_garden_flag_unc_vs._nc_24473big.jpg

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some fucker just called me "Chief" at work... :tsk:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Happy Gimore right now at work. I remember wanting to bone that Virginia Venit chick so bad as a kid... Still do.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mama pulled a fast one on me

she convinced him to wear his Tar Heel sweatpants with his State jersey
what the holy fuck

she'll pay for this travesty

Status