• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk V: The Final Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now for some real coffee talk - instructions for an office's new coffee machine.
B4r7Kt4.jpg
So that's what the kids call it these days? :noidea:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One week after the election and Trudeau’s back to not giving a fuck.

Looks like clickbait to me - I mean, maybe we should wait to see if he has anything to say on this Truth and Reconciliation Day before we grab the torches and pitchforks.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like clickbait to me - I mean, maybe we should wait to see if he has anything to say on this Truth and Reconciliation Day before we grab the torches and pitchforks.
The day's already over basically in half the country and it's approaching nighttime in the other half?

Given his history of dumb vacations it's hardly a bad assumption to assume he just doesn't care, and given that his official itinerary had him in Ottawa for the day taking meetings it reads like he was trying to hide it.

Also:

In late May, Tk’emlúps te Secwepemc sent shockwaves across the country when it announced that, through ground penetrating radar, it had found what are believed to be unmarked graves of 215 former students who attended the Kamloops Indian Residential School. Since then, dozens of other bands have announced similar findings.

“We did extend two written invitations to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to come and attend and to also visit our community [today],” Kukpi7 Rosanne Casimir told reporters Thursday morning, adding she had been “holding out hope” that Trudeau would accept the invitation.

He could've just stopped in Kamloops on the way if he really wanted to do something.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great way to start the weekend...

I literally hope they have access to all his financials (personal and tied to Infowars) so that all assets and cash he has is gone.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I literally hope they have access to all his financials (personal and tied to Infowars) so that all assets and cash he has is gone.
Plus around 50% so any dollar he makes in the future gets taken too.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the jury panel is made up of Sandy Hook parents.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favourite kind of protest: blocking people trying to get to work to protest something they have absolutely no power over.

The whole point of "hey this will get their attention" is laughable. The institutions in place that can make a change don't give a shit that you are blocking traffic since 99.99% of them aren't even in SF and 100% aren't traveling over the Golden Gate Bridge.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole point of "hey this will get their attention" is laughable. The institutions in place that can make a change don't give a shit that you are blocking traffic since 99.99% of them aren't even in SF and 100% aren't traveling over the Golden Gate Bridge.
It's also because this is so specific - "OVERRIDE THE PARLIAMENTARIAN"

Yeah, Carlos from fucking Alameda had better add that shit to his to-do list!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of disruption type protests, but if all protests were done in ways that inconvenienced no one, no one would ever notice, pay attention, or care. And if I truly felt like I was being treated unequally or discriminated against - I doubt I would care if I inconvenienced others.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know that. There could be someone sitting there thinking "Hey, when this clears up maybe I will skip the Dunkin drive through and go ahead and flip that 'fix immigration' switch under my desk."

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One morning when I lived in Montana I was on my way to work and a large flock of wild turkeys blocked the road. I'm not sure what they were protesting but I tried to reason with them to no avail. It seems protesters lose all sense of reasoning and decorum once they get in a large group. Those turkeys wouldn't get out of the road and when I tried to scare them off they started shitting all over the place.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One morning when I lived in Montana I was on my way to work and a large flock of wild turkeys blocked the road. I'm not sure what they were protesting but I tried to reason with them to no avail. It seems protesters lose all sense of reasoning and decorum once they get in a large group. Those turkeys wouldn't get out of the road and when I tried to scare them off they started shitting all over the place.

I once saw a bunch of turkeys at the First Chance Last Chance in Eureka, Montana and I don't believe they were protesting, but reasoning with them was not an option.

/Actually, come to think of it, I think they were a bunch of drunk yokels.
//Either drunk yokels or from Lethbridge

Status
Not open for further replies.