• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

COD: MW3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone playing?

I've been getting back into warzone. Soured on Destiny after they laid off half their workforce & delayed their next installment.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked up a PS5 with MW3 on black friday after going nearly a decade without a console. (Really just waiting for NCAA to come out).

Got it set up last night and played for like 5 minutes. It's embarrassing how out of practice I am since the original MW. LOL.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soured on Destiny after they laid off half their workforce & delayed their next installment.
What happened at Bungie is really disappointing. They did a really good job of leaving Destiny 1 in a good state before moving on to Destiny 2. I was looking forward to The Final Shape to at least put a bow on the 10 year game. I get the feeling that its still going to be alright but its not going to be what it should be for a game that was the biggest game around until Fortnite hit. Sony clearly didn't buy Bungie for Destiny. Devs bounce around a lot in the space. Vicarious Visions (renamed Blizzard Albany) went from working on Destiny 2 to Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War to Call of Duty Warzone to Diablo IV. Judging by what I'm hearing Destiny and Call of Duty are both in a bad space right now (I think MW3 has a 50% Steam approval right now)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened at Bungie is really disappointing. They did a really good job of leaving Destiny 1 in a good state before moving on to Destiny 2. I was looking forward to The Final Shape to at least put a bow on the 10 year game. I get the feeling that its still going to be alright but its not going to be what it should be for a game that was the biggest game around until Fortnite hit. Sony clearly didn't buy Bungie for Destiny. Devs bounce around a lot in the space. Vicarious Visions (renamed Blizzard Albany) went from working on Destiny 2 to Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War to Call of Duty Warzone to Diablo IV. Judging by what I'm hearing Destiny and Call of Duty are both in a bad space right now (I think MW3 has a 50% Steam approval right now)
Very disappointing indeed. They pissed off their loyal fanbase so much with all the shit that has happened. Very little community support the last couple years, only releasing rinse & repeated tiresome material, and then firing half their employees before pushing out their final game into next summer. There was a sizable 'rebellion' amidst the fanbase that refunded their pre-orders. I have a feeling The Final Shape will never get good reviews even if its a decent release. Just too many pissed off fans.

I still play Destiny & I pre-ordered the final game, but I'm far more vested in MW3 right now. Activision appears to have gotten this 1 right.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very disappointing indeed. They pissed off their loyal fanbase so much with all the shit that has happened. Very little community support the last couple years, only releasing rinse & repeated tiresome material, and then firing half their employees before pushing out their final game into next summer. There was a sizable 'rebellion' amidst the fanbase that refunded their pre-orders. I have a feeling The Final Shape will never get good reviews even if its a decent release. Just too many pissed off fans.

I still play Destiny & I pre-ordered the final game, but I'm far more vested in MW3 right now. Activision appears to have gotten this 1 right.
It seems like Destiny should have been a 9 year game because Im not sure how they're supposed to make the Final Shape when the company is in a death spiral and its supposed to be Destiny in its final form.

Personally, I dont think Destiny 2 should have ever happened the way it was conceived. The success of Destiny 1 was because Bungie was ahead of the game. By the time D2 came out, you had Titanfall 2, Doom reboot, and Overwatch showing that other companies were making decent stuff and then Bungie was not prepared for how much the free to play model would change first person shooters. Warframe kept adding things and then Fortnite just blew everything out of the water.

Its probably why you shouldn't make a 10 year game. Nobody is that smart.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like Destiny should have been a 9 year game because Im not sure how they're supposed to make the Final Shape when the company is in a death spiral and its supposed to be Destiny in its final form.

Personally, I dont think Destiny 2 should have ever happened the way it was conceived. The success of Destiny 1 was because Bungie was ahead of the game. By the time D2 came out, you had Titanfall 2, Doom reboot, and Overwatch showing that other companies were making decent stuff and then Bungie was not prepared for how much the free to play model would change first person shooters. Warframe kept adding things and then Fortnite just blew everything out of the water.

Its probably why you shouldn't make a 10 year game. Nobody is that smart.
Well I think D2 would have been a lot more successful had they actually invested into its community. Listening to the players and not criminally farming them for money on BS content. Everyone got so tired of their antics. They had a big fanbase that remained loyal to them, and yet Bungie did so many things wrong that essentially dismantled it.