• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coburn vs the rest of the field

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers resign Kimmo and everyone comes out to trade Coburn.

He will bring the biggest return and shed salary from the cap. I get it....but, why is no one saying "trade Grossmann?"

I respect Grossmann. He is a physical player who takes an incredible amount of punishment and dishes out incredible amounts. He plays a compact, positional game and when supported by the winger and his partner is very effective. When not...he is exploited. He can't turn to the outside when on the LW side of the ice as well. He has trouble going from corner to post quickly. His feet are...slow. So, why not trade him? OH, no return...well, if you are only interested in clearing cap space to sign mercenary players then I would move Grossmann. There are similar skill set players in the system or UFA's who could be cheaper. They may not be Grossmann, but the team also needs at least one winger. $$$ has to be redistributed.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this, the reason though I brought up Braydon Coburn is that if one of the young guys does earn a spot, maybe he could take the minutes of him and you can get more picks and prospects to replenish the system

That being said I agree - Nicklas Grossmann without any doubt should be the first guy they try to move - I think he's a good guy who plays a tough physical game, he's a warrior and that's a guy you'd like on your team but he's not a guy that has a lot of mobility and the Flyers need more of that so subtracting him would help in that regard

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed Grossmann could do very well on another team but the Flyers need to add a little more speed so he's the logical guy to move. Keeping him and getting rid of Coburn doesn't make any sense as he can skate I think we just expect more of him than he's capable of.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a couple of alterations on capgeek armchair GM

I traded Braydon Coburn for David Perron and Martin Marincin, then signed Zach Redmond and Al Montoya - I traded Vinny to Buffalo and Nicklas Grossmann to Florida too

Here are my lines:

Scott Hartnell - Claude Giroux - Jake Voracek
David Perron - Brayden Schenn - Wayne Simmonds
Jason Akeson - Matt Read - Sean Couturier
Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - Scott Laughton - Michael Raffl
Zac Rinaldo/Jay Rosehill

Mark Streit - Andrew MacDonald
Kimmo Timonen - Martin Marincin
Luke Schenn - Zach Redmond
Oliver Lauridsen

Steve Mason
Al Montoya

Cap Space: $9,609,167

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't move coburn.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I wouldn't move Coburn unless they fully believe that Morin is ready to take his place. In that situation Morin will hopefully be an upgrade for years to come I'm not sure if those oiler dmen would be too much uncertainty which could make the D even worse.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Coburn is the most irreplaceable flyer after Giroux and Mason. The flyers need speed, especially on the back line. Coburn is one of the best skaters on the team. Plus he's reliable defensively. Easily the most under appreciated player on the roster.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Coburn is the most irreplaceable flyer after Giroux and Mason. The flyers need speed, especially on the back line. Coburn is one of the best skaters on the team. Plus he's reliable defensively. Easily the most under appreciated player on the roster.

I would put Jake Voracek (who gets absolutely zero love on this board) ahead of Coburn on the most irreplaceable list. :nod:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put Jake Voracek (who gets absolutely zero love on this board) ahead of Coburn on the most irreplaceable list. :nod:

Jake doesn't get any hate though :)

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Love....giving....Jake Love

:L

I feel kinda dirty after that one...