• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaches Poll after week 1

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In some peoples minds I guess but struggling to beat Appy State does not make a team better than a team who was right there with Auburn even in a loss.
Appy States best win last year was Toledo or Idaho.
Auburn beat Georgia and Alabama last season.
And Penn State’s best win was Washington, while what was Washington’s?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Penn State’s best win was Washington, while what was Washington’s?
And on Staturday one played Auburn and the other played Appy State.We're comparing playing against Appy State and Auburn. A team that played Auburn tough should be held in more regard than a team that had to go to OT to beat Appy State. I get Penn St gets a win but it doesn't mean (IMO) that it was more impressive on Sat than Washington.
USC beat UNLV and I don't believe that win was better than Washington performance,

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And on Staturday one played Auburn and the other played Appy State.We're comparing playing against Appy State and Auburn. A team that played Auburn tough should be held in more regard than a team that had to go to OT to beat Appy State. I get Penn St gets a win but it doesn't mean (IMO) that it was more impressive on Sat than Washington.
USC beat UNLV and I don't believe that win was better than Washington performance,
So what teams did last year matters for App State but not for Washington or Penn State?

You asked why, I explained why, now you are crying because a PAC team isn’t ranked high enough. Let that conference nutswinging flag fly.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what teams did last year matters for App State but not for Washington or Penn State?

You asked why, I explained why, now you are crying because a PAC team isn’t ranked high enough. Let that conference nutswinging flag fly.

LOL. I'm not crying you idiot. I just think Washington performance was better than Penn States win. I dont even root for the Huskies. It's just my opinion after seeing both play. Are you crying because I didn;t think a team from your conference didn't do as well? Feel a little guilty maybe?LOl

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PAC! PAC! PAC! .....

...is gonna miss the playoffs again.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I'm not crying you idiot. I just think Washington performance was better than Penn States win. I dont even root for the Huskies. It's just my opinion after seeing both play. Are you crying because I didn;t think a team from your conference didn't do as well? Feel a little guilty maybe?LOl
I don’t give a fuck. I told you that in most pollsters minds winning ugly is better than losing pretty. And they looked lost out there when they reached the end zone. Washington has a shit schedule and lost to the only good team they will play all season. It’s like if Wisconsin losses to Penn State, should Wisconsin not drop if they looked good in the game? No, losing hurts, you drop when you lose. You drop farther for losing games than you do winning games.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t give a fuck. I told you that in most pollsters minds winning ugly is better than losing pretty. And they looked lost out there when they reached the end zone. Washington has a shit schedule and lost to the only good team they will play all season. It’s like if Wisconsin losses to Penn State, should Wisconsin not drop if they looked good in the game? No, losing hurts, you drop when you lose. You drop farther for losing games than you do winning games.

Isn't Washington higher than Penn State in this weeks AP poll?
Thank you and good night. lol

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is amazing about these votes is the concept that 1 loss teams are in front of Power 5 teams that have not lost.

It implies that if the undefeated teams and the 1 loss teams both run the table then at least three one loss teams will be ranked in front of undefeated teams. Now, that is more than unlikely to happen, but the logic is still there.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was proven to be true last year. Alabama's defeat of Mercer was deemed to be of more value than Ohio State's lost to Oklahoma.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was proven to be true last year. Alabama's defeat of Mercer was deemed to be of more value than Ohio State's lost to Oklahoma.
Winning > losting

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute. How in the flying fuck did FSU get all those votes???

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the coaches got it right and put Oklahoma in front of Wisconsin.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question - what has Washington done to deserve to be ranked top 10 at all? I mean, they haven't had a major, marquee victory in years. I honestly can't find their last top 10 victory (end of season), nor can I find any reasonably big ranked OOC win for them in ages. TBH, they should have to win out to get a top 10 nod at year's end, and that will by no means equal an automatic trip to the playoff. The rest of their schedule is hot puke.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question - what has Washington done to deserve to be ranked top 10 at all? I mean, they haven't had a major, marquee victory in years. I honestly can't find their last top 10 victory (end of season), nor can I find any reasonably big ranked OOC win for them in ages. TBH, they should have to win out to get a top 10 nod at year's end, and that will by no means equal an automatic trip to the playoff. The rest of their schedule is hot puke.
Won 5 Apple Cups in a row? :noidea: