• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coach Vigneault asked whether the Hawks will target Salos "junk" if he plays

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

its a fun soundbite if you can find it

the reporter who asked brought up Toews giving Bieksa a two hander to the calf at the first intermission last game (same calf that was lacerated by a skate this year) and then Ladd facewashing OBrien to reopen the stitches between his eyes

Vigneault answered that the team hasnt revealed where Salo was injured so how would the hawks know ... laughs ensued

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the twitter of Matt Sekeres (Globe and Mail)

Sami Salo (testicle injury) is taking morning skate with the Canucks. Was also in the team's PP meeting this morning.

Also, the Hawks have their bags packed for a trip to San Jose if they win tonight.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
From the twitter of Matt Sekeres (Globe and Mail)

Sami Salo (testicle injury) is taking morning skate with the Canucks. Was also in the team's PP meeting this morning.

Also, the Hawks have their bags packed for a trip to San Jose if they win tonight.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11009
Sami Salo took to the ice on Tuesday during the morning skate and was skating gingerly. - TSN

no shit.

I certainly hope that luggage-related item is posted on the Canucks' dressing room.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would hope no man would violate that code, but honestly, it's an easy target as far as the refs not seeing...:(

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Burish stats should show TTTR (time talking to reporters) since that stat dwarfs his actual time on ice stat

If Salo takes the ice, given the sensitivity of his injury, even the rowdiest Blackhawk said it would be against the code to target the area. Though he joked about “brushing up” against Salo so that some of his toughness rubs off, Chicago forward Adam Burish said he wouldn’t cross this most sensitive of lines.

“I’m not going near that thing. What if it pops?” Burish barbed. “If he plays tonight, he’s an iron man.

Asked if targeting Salo’s injury would be against hockey’s code, Vigneault continued the hilarity.

“We can’t talk about Sami’s injury and we haven’t said, really, where it is,” Vigneault said. “They wouldn’t know where to go.”

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the clown chimes in - lol

Shane O'Brien doesn't trust Adam Burish when it comes to old-time hockey code.

O'Brien said it would be "gutless" to go after Sami Salo's injured testicle tonight.

"If you're going to go after a guy who has problem down below, you have to take a look in the mirror," O'Brien said. "When it's the family jewels, you don't do it. But Burish, that rat, he might do it. I don't trust him."
Burish, a big pest and a bigger talker, said he wouldn't stoop to that level.
"I don't want to cross that line," he said. "I can't imagine what that would feel like. If the plays, that guy is an iron man. Maybe I will rub up against him so I can get some of that toughness."
O'Brien doesn't believe him.
"You're going to trust Burish, eh?" O'Brien said. "That's your first mistake. That would be Burish's first hit of the series."

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You're going to trust Burish, eh?" O'Brien said. "That's your first mistake. That would be Burish's first hit of the series."[/I]

and to correct Mr Roxy, that would be Burish's 3rd hit of the series

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burish's nickname on the Hawks is "Rat". When asked about the original "rat" Ken Linseman, Burish's response was "Who?".

Such a student of the game.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good catch, jstew, thanks for the correction...I like Bolland's game by the way, can't say the same for Burish.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

holy shit, he played 19:32. he may be fragile, but what a warrior.

one unrelated note from the article:
when a Dave Bolland shorthanded breakaway goal on a Pavol Demitra miscue at the Blackhawks blueline made it 3-0.
I don't put that on Demitra. It was yet another 2 foot suicide pass when Wellwood got in trouble. He does that far too often, and causes teammates to either have no chance on something like this, or causes the teammate to take an unnecessary wallop.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't put that on Demitra. It was yet another 2 foot suicide pass when Wellwood got in trouble. He does that far too often, and causes teammates to either have no chance on something like this, or causes the teammate to take an unnecessary wallop.

Yup, Welly's gotta be smarter in that situation, Bolland was right there, just dump it down the boards and hope a teammate can win a puck battle.