• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CM Punk could be coming back

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Numerous WWE sources have confirmed to PWInsider.com that former WWE Champion CM Punk was at FOX Studios earlier this week in Los Angeles meeting for a potential on-air role for WWE Backstage, the new FOX Sports 1 studio show that will debut on the cable network on 11/5.

We are told that Renee Young was also present and that Punk did some test on-camera material. We have not confirmed yet that Punk has signed on for the series.

FOX had been bringing in a number of personalities from inside and outside the WWE umbrella for the show. Punk was not the only unique personality who has been brought in to potentially appear on WWE Backstage. Former ECW World Champion and WWE announcer Taz (currently with CBS Sports Radio) was brought in several times in recent months by FOX for a potential role on the series.

Paige, Rey Mysterio and Sean Waltman have also been brought in by FOX Producers for a potential role..

WWE and FOX officially announced the series yesterday with Renee Young and Booker T announced as hosts. Young will be the lead personality on the show. FOX has played with different versions of the show and how it will be presented, ranging from 3 -5 personalities having a panel discussion but a final decision has not been made on the format.

WWE Backstage is being produced by FOX, not WWE, so should Punk land on the series, which will air weekly on Tuesday nights, he would not be technically working for World Wrestling Entertainment. Punk exited WWE in January 2014 but noted last month at Starrcast 3 that he wouldn't "not take a call" from World Wrestling Entertainment if they called to speak to him about a potential return in some form to the company.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Punk would only come back as a heel commentator who refuses to wrestle. He would get MAJOR heat

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I thought that he would have a AEW contract. I hope it works into something that makes him a feud with someone.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Interesting. I thought that he would have a AEW contract. I hope it works into something that makes him a feud with someone.

I thought he was AEW bound under the premise that the bridge with WWE was burned.

There's simply too much money in a return for him to stay retired. I'd be shocked if he's not working for one of the companies by this time next year

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's simply too much money in a return for him to stay retired. I'd be shocked if he's not working for one of the companies by this time next year
Which makes me wonder if he's spending a lot on his court case against Colt Cabana and he's starting to need money again. Because I was figuring that the chances of him ever returning were extremely slim.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PWinsider had a follow up saying the Punk test run at the studio went very well and its expected Fox will make him an offer to work the Backstage show with Renee Young and Booker T.

So it sounds like Punk "coming back" is all but certain now. Technically he'll work for Fox but you just know this will lead to something in ring related with WWE down the road

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PWinsider had a follow up saying the Punk test run at the studio went very well and its expected Fox will make him an offer to work the Backstage show with Renee Young and Booker T.

So it sounds like Punk "coming back" is all but certain now. Technically he'll work for Fox but you just know this will lead to something in ring related with WWE down the road

Ya, there is zero chance he will come back in the company and not end up in a match. I guess they could never ever have a Smackdown anywhere near Chicago. It was like when DB was “retired” there was a Smackdown here that the crowd took over so during a break whoever was on the PA announced DB would be in a match after the show went off of air...he only was a referee but it still shut the crowd up.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since he technically works for Fox, Fox should have had the surprise happen on Smackdown, you know, where people will actually see it. They aired this at 11:59pm on a show that got 49,000 viewers last week.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since he technically works for Fox, Fox should have had the surprise happen on Smackdown, you know, where people will actually see it. They aired this at 11:59pm on a show that got 49,000 viewers last week.

Obviously Trying to drum up interest for the show.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well the show did 100k this week, so any extra people it brings next week can 100% be attributed to Punk.

Plus at this time, for Punk it’s probably easier to just ease his way back in by working for Fox instead of out right coming back on the WWE show. He may have 0 interest in that.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Punk sold out, wowwwwww. The loophole to try and save face is to say it's a FOX contract and not WWE and he works for FOX and not WWE, but BS! At the end of the day its WWE product.

6 years of bashing them and he just goes back? Disappointed.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised at the lack of commenting in CM Punk returning. Or excuse me, "returning"

This is such a sham. He was on Colin Cowherd today and Cowherd tried to say he was back and Punk was quick to say he worked for FOX and not WWE. This is one giant work that WWE will think they are going to be giving us a big enormous swerve in a few months when Punk somehow gets involved in WWE match/matches. Yet we see this coming from a mile away.

The ONLY thing that saves face here is this isn't a work for WWE, but actually is a work for AEW. How awesome would it be if Punk plays WWE and on their Fox Backstage show he announces he is going to AEW?

Otherwise this is extremely predictable.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised at the lack of commenting in CM Punk returning. Or excuse me, "returning"

This is such a sham. He was on Colin Cowherd today and Cowherd tried to say he was back and Punk was quick to say he worked for FOX and not WWE. This is one giant work that WWE will think they are going to be giving us a big enormous swerve in a few months when Punk somehow gets involved in WWE match/matches. Yet we see this coming from a mile away.

The ONLY thing that saves face here is this isn't a work for WWE, but actually is a work for AEW. How awesome would it be if Punk plays WWE and on their Fox Backstage show he announces he is going to AEW?

Otherwise this is extremely predictable.

ok backstage he didnt rule out a return to the ring...just not at this moment.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok backstage he didnt rule out a return to the ring...just not at this moment.
Would be awesome if he used backstage as a platform to announce his in ring return to AEW. If he ends up just returning to WWE, what a let down.

Not sure if he were to wrestle why he wouldn't choose AEW?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be awesome if he used backstage as a platform to announce his in ring return to AEW. If he ends up just returning to WWE, what a let down.

Man that would be amazing.

Pretty sure fox would fire him off backstage on the spot though...

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

DiBiase1-650x366.jpg