• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clock Management and Timeout Coordinator

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 1 yard, but yea I disagree.

It's supposed to be an easy 1-2 yards every time.

This isn't the 90's anymore when our line would be 3 yards downfield by the time they got out of their stances....

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't the 90's anymore when our line would be 3 yards downfield by the time they got out of their stances....

No and I've already addressed that.

But a QB sneak should gain a yard no matter who you are. We've all seen this game played long enough now.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you aren't talking about me and I don't agree with the anti's that are "I told you Riley would suck and Pelini is way better"....or even the Pelini sucked and Riley will never succeed group either....

It's funny that Pelini held on for as long as he did on a couple hail mary's and fluke wins....

As many positives that came out of the first game, you can't deny what my biggest complaint was that Armstrong was clearly coached not to run, and that is his best natural talent....it will be hard for Coach Riley to win many games in the near future if he is going to force his quarterback to try and do something that he doesn't have the natural talent to succeed at. If he wants to scrap the Tommy at quarterback and go in a different direction, that is fine, but don't blow sunshine up our ass with this whole "hybrid" talk when you have no desire for Armstrong to do what he excels at....
They likely have zero confidence in our backups. I'd rather have Armstrong not run much and stay healthy than get hurt and make us go to...who??

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They likely have zero confidence in our backups. I'd rather have Armstrong not run much and stay healthy than get hurt and make us go to...who??

If Armstrong isn't going to be running the ball, he shouldn't be our quarterback. He just doesn't have the skill set to read a defensive secondary in real time and check off of receivers. He still decides which receiver he is throwing to before he ever snaps the ball. How long do you think those wide receiver screens will be effective? Any good secondary will eat him up with all the telegraphing of his passes when he has to throw vertically.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Armstrong isn't going to be running the ball, he shouldn't be our quarterback. He just doesn't have the skill set to read a defensive secondary in real time and check off of receivers. He still decides which receiver he is throwing to before he ever snaps the ball. How long do you think those wide receiver screens will be effective? Any good secondary will eat him up with all the telegraphing of his passes when he has to throw vertically.
Who would you recommend we put in? Maybe the offense isn't ideal for Armstrong, but we don't have anyone on the roster that it works for. And I don't know about you, but aside from the second quarter, Armstrong did a pretty good job finding the right guy. The route running combinations made that possible. There was a multitude of plays where receivers ran the coverage off of the primary target. Sometimes he hit it, and sometimes he missed but overall the downfield passing game was drastically improved.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea I was speaking in terms of time management.

I agreed with the way we managed the clock. Snapping the ball at random times under 6 seconds was a very smart decision, and the timeouts that were called were all good timeouts.

It's hard to call a QB sneak a "bad call" when the Offensive Line doesn't do their job and create a push for 1 damn yard. The jet sweep was a really really bad call.

I just wonder how much of a factor not substituting on the offensive line throughout the whole game, when the field was over 130 degrees, had on the offensive line not having the push needed to make a short gain when it really counted?