• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Clippers Vs Lakers Mar 06, 2014

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tank is on, D'Antoni continues to go small even though Griffin and Jordan are in there using their size and strength.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an embarrassment of a performance by the Lakers.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an embarrassment of a performance by the Lakers.
Up by 45 and just now Doc pulls his starters. Rivers is the embarrassment here!

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'Antonio should be fired in between the 3rd and 4th quarters. He is an embarrassment. He is the only coach worse than Mike Brown and Jim Buss had to go and get him.

I want to tank and I have wanted to tank since the start of the season. But I also wanted them to be competitive and lose. They are playing worse than D league team out there.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, a lot of the players are former D League players. Any way, this is by far the worst edition of the Lakers I can remember. There is bad and then there is horrible and the Lakers are simply horrible.

D'Antoni is useless. I'd fire him right now, let Rambis take the reins for the rest of the season, then hire Scott or just about anyone for next season.

I'm glad Jerry Buss doesn't have to see this team. Jim Buss, wake the fu** up!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Kaman plays badly and gets no playing time, plays well and gets no playing time.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Don'tknowi has lost this team. He has failed to create a competitive team and players are basically showing up for a check. Against the sand birds, Stu stated that it is inconceivable that a modern NBA coach would be so cavalier and nonchalance about playing D and expect players to outshoot the opposition. What happens when that strategy fails like it did last night when the Lakers went 5-20 in the second quarter? You saw the results. A complete collapse. This is a train wreck that keeps on giving and Don'tknowi is the architect of it. I know we will NOT see Kobe the rest of the year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck?

I miss the game last night because of an early start today, check ESPN at noon today and am absolutely disgusted by the scoreline.

The second time in a row this team gives up 130 FUCKING POINTS.

I'll all for tanking but at least show a bit of heart!

Disgusting!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Clippers aren't letting game 1 of the season go. The Lakers got clowned last night.

Props to Flea. Dude stayed in his courtside seat until the bitter end. Lots of Lakers fans did. Will make it that much sweeter when they get back to the top.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Don'tknowi has lost this team. He has failed to create a competitive team and players are basically showing up for a check. Against the sand birds, Stu stated that it is inconceivable that a modern NBA coach would be so cavalier and nonchalance about playing D and expect players to outshoot the opposition. What happens when that strategy fails like it did last night when the Lakers went 5-20 in the second quarter? You saw the results. A complete collapse. This is a train wreck that keeps on giving and Don'tknowi is the architect of it. I know we will NOT see Kobe the rest of the year.

A couple of points here: Isn't this about the 3rd time this season you've said that D'Antoni has lost the team? Yet, they came back and played hard the next game. Heck, they just played inspired ball a couple of games back and knocked off the Blazers in Portland.

D'Antoni did not create this team, Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak did.

The biggest problem that the Lakers have had this season has been injuries. For consistency in play, you need consistency in players playing together. At what point this season has D'Antoni had a consistent group of players?

D'Antoni is never going to be mistaken for Thibs when it comes to coaching defense, but to say he's placed no emphasis on it is simply wrong. Rambis was brought in to coach defense and I've seen D'Antoni angrily call timeout many times over the season to get on them about defense, not to mention the times he's talked about it interviews.

Excellent (or even average) defense requires communication and everyone being on the same page. Kind of hard to do with so many players in and out and having something like 30 different starting lineups over the course of the season.

D'Antoni has been given spit, a glue stick and half a roll of duct tape to hold this team together. Everything else being the same, there is no coach who could have done any better with this team, including Phil.