• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Stewart Hat Trick Last Night....

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was the guy chosen with the very next pick after Kings took Trevor Lewis in '06 draft...

I know Sutter has made hundreds of moves that have me scratching my head, and they turn out golden---but for the life of me I do not get putting him on the line with Richards and Toffoli.
Painful to watch.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate Lewis but he is 4th line material at best. I wouldn't mind seeing Cliffy with Richards and Toffoli

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several years ago our old team captain moved me from defense to forward as well as another defenseman because he was so defensive minded it was ridiculous. Dude wouldn't come in past the blue line, sometimes even the red line. He didn't want to get burned and he wasn't the most fleet of foot so he played conservative.

The goal was to get me, whom the team considers a two-way defenseman, to get him going and provide him a comfort zone to jump in knowing a) I have his back defensively and b) maybe playing with someone who can create some offense will get him out of his shell.

It worked for a little bit, but the dude is just too defensive minded. He's very hard to play with because he doesn't move his feet so I knew if he was the last man back and I passed back to him there was a real good chance we're getting burned going the other way.

My point is, Lewis has tremendous wheels and gives it 1000%, but he obviously lacks the offense skill (or confidence) to really try something and make it happen. I think Richards has been put in this role for that reason, and hopefully it give Lewis some leeway to take some offensive chances.

It's killing Richards offensively, but that's the type of guy he is, he does anything for the team. Hopefully this pans out.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS - I have Stewart in the FHL and he has 6 goals this week after 0 in October. On top of that, Vermette got me a hat trick too last night (is this a first? Anyone ever have 2 or more hat tricks in one day?) that put me back into the goals column.

Suck it.

=)~~

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had just guessed Richards was put on that line to help Toffoli more then anything, Stoll wouldn't be much of a mentor for his skill set. I also thought Lewis was there because someone has to play that side. I did have 2 hat tricks in a league before.....and lost :noidea:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had just guessed Richards was put on that line to help Toffoli more then anything, Stoll wouldn't be much of a mentor for his skill set. I also thought Lewis was there because someone has to play that side.

That's possible too, but Toffoli has an offensive mind as is. He isn't as present as he was when he was first recalled but he isn't hurting the team either. I''m sure he is learning the defensive side of the game from Richards in that sense.

Lewis can play all 3 forward positions, so I am sure that has something to do with it because the Kings' glaring problem the last gazillion years it seems - a legitimate LW - still needs to be addressed and someone has to fill that slot which ends up affecting the other lines, but my gut tells me he's there to gain some confidence and get some opportunities to score set up by Richards.

I did have 2 hat tricks in a league before.....and lost :noidea:

That sucks.

I'm up 8-4-2 right now but I have no one playing today so I am just waiting to see how it goes. I very well could still end up losing by the end of today.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that Lewis plays anywhere and has good speed, that and he isn't a liability are the reasons I want him on the roster. Not everyone can score and you do have to rest guys, so having a guy like Lewis doesn't hurt as much as some people think.

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see Lewis completely miss the net on a breakaway tonight vs Dallas?!
Pathetic!
Even Fox said he wasn't even close.
Then not long after got his first point of the season as the second assist on Stoll's goal.
Yeah, I know, his speed got him open on the breakaway. He is starting to remind me of Craig Johnson--all speed, no hands.
Yeah, I know, he's great killing penalties.
I'm trusting you, Sutter, but I still don't get it.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be worse, the Kings could have picked Erik Johnson. Sure, he''s finally scoring a little bit in Colorado but wow for a 1st overall pick is he bad.