• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Paul to the Rockets

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not bad. Tough to get more in return for a guy about to leave in FA.

They are in a bad spot though. Assuming. Blake leaves, they have about a 30-35 win roster. Next step is to deal DJ for future assets.
Next step for the Clippers should be to move out of Laker territory. Maybe someplace like Mexico? LOL.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move feels like a Jerry West move and a lesson on why coach as GM is rarely a good idea.

Apparently, the sticking point in CP3 re-signing was that he wanted a 5 year deal and the Clippers were only willing to give him 4.

I think if it's up to Doc, CP3 gets his 5th year and is still a Clipper because Doc cares about his guys and doesn't want to see them leave. West is able to leave any emotions out of it and understand that, like he said, "The right move isn't always the popular one."
Dude, Doc sucks. He let his son, who sucks, stay on the clippers. He got lucky with the celtics getting a big three when no others were formed. He's a shitty coach that got lucky. If he were worth anything, the clippers would've made a finals by now.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next step for the Clippers should be to move out of Laker territory. Maybe someplace like Mexico? LOL.

Seattle. Seattle. Seattle. Hello, Steve MICROSOFT Ballmer.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that idea. Seattle still has the rights to the name SuperSonics.

I don't think they should change the name if they move, be the Seattle Clippers, same franchise new location, in a city that deserves a team.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@The Klaw
Although I think it's a waste of money to pay harden that much when you have CP3, Harden playing off the ball could work. CP3 playing off the ball is asinine.
At this point in their careers, it's kind of asinine to take the ball out of either's hand IMO.

Both are ball dominate guards, but something has to give.

For me, I guess I leave the ball in the hands of the guy who could have easily been the league MVP, rather than a 32 year old PG who is looking to start another 5 years in this league. If CP3 really want to extend his career as a starter, playing off the ball makes since in a longevity aspect.

Either way we probably see Mike D' with a rotation that keeps one of the two on the court at all times. When they play together, that's when I see the old hand playing off the ball.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move feels like a Jerry West move and a lesson on why coach as GM is rarely a good idea.

Apparently, the sticking point in CP3 re-signing was that he wanted a 5 year deal and the Clippers were only willing to give him 4.

I think if it's up to Doc, CP3 gets his 5th year and is still a Clipper because Doc cares about his guys and doesn't want to see them leave. West is able to leave any emotions out of it and understand that, like he said, "The right move isn't always the popular one."

I don't buy that report about the sticking point for a second. That's cover from Clippers sources to make it look like they were being firm with CP3 and then found a way to get something for him when in reality, CP3 forced their hand and got what he wanted. Think about it. So they wanted to give him 4 years but not 5? Is a 5th year really a deal breaker? There's is next to zero difference between paying close to 40 mil to a 36 year old than it is to paying close to 40 mil to a 37 year old. You're still paying a fuckton of cash to an old player past his prime.

Much like with Lebron's free agency endeavors, this was a superstar calling his own shots in free agency. The teams were just along for the ride

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in their careers, it's kind of asinine to take the ball out of either's hand IMO.

For me, I guess I leave the ball in the hands of the guy who could have easily been the league MVP, rather than a 32 year old PG who is looking to start another 5 years in this league. If CP3 really want to extend his career as a starter, playing off the ball makes since in a longevity aspect.

Either way we probably see Mike D' with a rotation that keeps one of the two on the court at all times. When they play together, that's when I see the old hand playing off the ball.

Chris Paul is too small to play shooting guard regularly.

I suspect the two as players figured it could work. Otherwise, they wouldn't have allowed the trade.

I don't think they have enough talent yet. But hey, keep going, that's today's NBA.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. Harden has the skills to play off the ball and succeed as an elite player in the NBA. Chris Paul does not. He needs to be the floor general or you're just wasting 200 million in resigning him to be an average off guard. That's why this signing confuses me. I guess I could see CP3 being Steve nash and James harden being Joe Johnson, but they need an amare stoudemire or Shawn Marion.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which is pretty much what we discussed over the last few months.

He wanted that full max.

Can't blame him. Bu t, can't blame West for putting the Team first, either.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Paul is too small to play shooting guard regularly.

I suspect the two as players figured it could work. Otherwise, they wouldn't have allowed the trade.

I don't think they have enough talent yet. But hey, keep going, that's today's NBA.

Why?

He would guard the opposing PG defensively. The issue would be Harden's defense. Also, CP3 used to switch onto larger players like Durant and he gave them fits defensively. He couldn't do it all game, but for a few possessions, sure.

Second, like @CitySushi said, you all are crazy if you think Paul is moving to the 2 for Harden. Harden has been a PG for 1 year. CP3 has been an elite PG his entire career.

Lastly, position is basically meaningless in today's NBA. Many teams have multiple guys in their starting lineup capable of being primary ball handlers. Portland, Cleveland, GS, Washington, Boston, SA, Houston, etc. basically all the best teams in the league last year had multiple ball handlers. Houston would be no different. The issue is whether or not your 5 can guard theirs as well as they can guard you.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone else see this as just a stepping stone into the banana boat team possibly being formed next summer?
Opportunity will definitely be there if that's their goal.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Paul is sooo overrated, and the Clips did as good as a team could possibly do on this deal

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carmello has asked to be traded to Cleveland or Houston

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2