• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Long out 8-10 Weeks

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course.... :L

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis Rams defensive end Chris Long is expected to miss eight-to-10 weeks after undergoing ankle surgery, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
The Rams announced on Wednesday that Long underwent surgery but didn't specify how long he would be out.
Long suffered the ankle injury in the third quarter of Sunday's loss to the Vikings. He was originally listed as questionable to return but he was later downgraded to doubtful and he did not come back into the game. After the game, Long did not want to speculate on the injury.
He had 8.5 sacks last season and has 50.5 in six career seasons, all with the Rams.
ESPN.com Rams reporter Nick Wagoner contributed to this report.
Chris Long had ankle surgery this morning.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, am I the only one who thinks the Rams are cursed?
No you're not and it's the ghost of Carrol Rosenbloom. There must still be some connection strong enough in the organization and that bitch Georgia FrontAndRearie.

It's probably St Louis....

Carroll's ghost probably let fate happen for all us long time Rams fans with the Super Bowl in 2000 (XXXIV) but said enough is enough.....

Until my Rams are back in LA the Rams will be cursed.

I don't care what gifts you get in the NFL that give you hope, you all are cursed!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vermeil's tears helped grow the seed of despair

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I don't see this as a very big deal. yes C Long is a good player but now we get to see hayes and Westbrooks. I don't think we'll miss a step.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I don't see this as a very big deal. yes C Long is a good player but now we get to see hayes and Westbrooks. I don't think we'll miss a step.
You know Jaco you and I are usually right there seeing eye to eye.

But wow, just WOW!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll miss him a little bit. I'm a bit worried that our backups will play too well and we'll lose them to some other team. Hayes is a very underrated player.

Its all about the offense, though. Nothing matters unless they get A LOT better

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll miss him a little bit. I'm a bit worried that our backups will play too well and we'll lose them to some other team. Hayes is a very underrated player.

Its all about the offense, though. Nothing matters unless they get A LOT better

Maybe but thats part of the game. I'm sick of hearing about the injuries. Especially at positions like DE DT OL and so on. Good teams make the proper adjustments and still win. No excuses for the rams. Not anymore. We've been rebuilding for what? 10 years? lol

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he actually didn't cause any last week. Was a bad call by the ref

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you Jacob. Long has a "high motor" but not elite skills. It's questionable whether he's even worth his inflated salary IMHO. Other guys will step up. I'd like to see what Westbrooks can do with more playing time. That guy is flat out determined to play in this league, so his motivation is certainly there.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, am I the only one who thinks the Rams are cursed?

There's some witchdoctor somewhere that's been sticking needles into a voodoo doll wearing a Rams helmet since right after the Rams won the Super Bowl in 99. If you wear a Rams helmet, or clothing with the Rams logo on it, you immediately become incontinent (Bradford) injury prone (Bradford, Saffold, Jake Long, etc.) Stupid (Shottenheimer, Fisher for hiring Shottenheimer) unable to draft obvious talent (Front office all inclusive). Offensive players that come to the Rams just get sucked into the vortex of despair that is Shottenheimer's offense and are never heard from again. QBs that come here and talk to Jeff Fisher go find someplace quiet to committ suicide afterwards.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams will miss Long....that's a given but he does have a tendency to over pursue and then he gets blocked out on running plays. Maybe Hayes or Westbrooks will stay home and allow the play to develop.

:gaah: Ahhhhhhhh What am I talking about? the Rams are screwed! :gaah:

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game on Sunday...My question would be: How could the loss of ANY one player on the D side of the ball make a lot of negative difference...I know many won't agree...I've heard the "they weren't really bad, they got no help from the offense", etc...I didn't see any of the "new, aggressive, in your face" defense of Greg Williams...I'm still waiting

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true, but last season he did jump off quite a bit
You need to go and look at that 4.4 speed of MM Red. I know your not impressed but if you saw any of Marrieta this year your sig. line would read...

Ram's Motto: Shame us for Jameis?
Rams' logo... Mark us for Marcus! :yahoo:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game on Sunday...My question would be: How could the loss of ANY one player on the D side of the ball make a lot of negative difference...I know many won't agree...I've heard the "they weren't really bad, they got no help from the offense", etc...I didn't see any of the "new, aggressive, in your face" defense of Greg Williams...I'm still waiting
And you will mikey... To answer your question, it can show up on a close game that depends on our defense to win it...

Secondly, Williams defense will adjust and continue to develop as the season marches on. Rarely do new coordinators impact show up early in tenure with a new organization...