• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Johnson

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would dump Pead before i cut either of those 2.

I made the assumption that Pead would already be gone and one of those other 2 guys would go if the signed a player like Johnson.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher made it clear that Stacy and Bam Bam are his #1 and COP backs and that D Rich might get a touch or 2 per game. Pead is all but gone.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn....so we gotta stick with Richardson, would hope they dumped them all behind Stacey.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Pead will never ever click dude. He just doesn't have it. Every single year we see players "flash" in games as rookies or 2nd year players. Even if they don't have the best rookie year you see that glimpse of what they'll do once they get up to speed with the NFL. Just like Tavon Austin, sure he didn't have the greatest rookie year of all time but we saw what he can do when he's put in good situations by our OC. When have we ever seen Pead flash? Lord knows he's had his chances.
We've tried him at RB, Kick returner, and on ST. I've never seen him make a play. Only bonehead mistakes.

17 carries (4.4 ypc), 19 targets (14-94), and 15 KR (23 yards/KR) in 25 games over 2 years is having his chances and failing? That's not even 2 touches per game. He did fumble once, but it was recovered.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets see what camp brings, it wouldn't surprise me if pead had a better camp then richardson

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets see what camp brings, it wouldn't surprise me if pead had a better camp then richardson

Camp means nothing tbh. Remember when everyone was saying Chris Givens and J Jenkins were having monster camps...........haha. Ya. I remember that too.

I think Pead is done, I mean he couldn't even move up past Stacy and Cunningham and they were rookies.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17 carries (4.4 ypc), 19 targets (14-94), and 15 KR (23 yards/KR) in 25 games over 2 years is having his chances and failing? That's not even 2 touches per game. He did fumble once, but it was recovered.

Everything must be viewed in context. I don't remember all of Pead's touches, but there is a reason he didn't play any more than that. I'm sure if the coaching staff had any faith in him he would have gotten into the game more. So he averaged 4.4 yards a carry. In context, if he got them against a dime defense on 3rd and 23 that still really stinks. The fact is that Peed himself is a wennie. If he was in the backfield with Bradford we could have our team placed on the cover of Cosmopolitan. He'll probably be given one last chance to redeem himself in camp because he was such a high pick, but that's going to be hard for him to do while him and Bradford are discussing the opera.....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything must be viewed in context. I don't remember all of Pead's touches, but there is a reason he didn't play any more than that. I'm sure if the coaching staff had any faith in him he would have gotten into the game more. So he averaged 4.4 yards a carry. In context, if he got them against a dime defense on 3rd and 23 that still really stinks. The fact is that Peed himself is a wennie. If he was in the backfield with Bradford we could have our team placed on the cover of Cosmopolitan. He'll probably be given one last chance to redeem himself in camp because he was such a high pick, but that's going to be hard for him to do while him and Bradford are discussing the opera.....

I was listing the stats more for his lack of usage than anything else. I'm sure his 1 game suspension didn't help him last year, and he must not be impressing in practice either. I haven't seen enough of him either way to say he's definitely anything though. He's still an unknown quantity.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listing the stats more for his lack of usage than anything else. I'm sure his 1 game suspension didn't help him last year, and he must not be impressing in practice either. I haven't seen enough of him either way to say he's definitely anything though. He's still an unknown quantity.

You're forgetting that he did play 2 entire games over the stretch of two years, and in those two games he was awful. For as little as he did touch the ball after he got his starts was very concerning. He had at least 2 fumbles on KR in his rookie season and one this season. And a couple when running. Even if we did recover some of them, that's concerning. He also made a lot of bone headed mistakes when on the field as well.

As far as practicing, I remember hearing from JT that he looked good this last camp. He looked fast and decisive but it never translated onto the field.

EDIT: Perfect case n point;

Stedman Bailey, when he was on the field he was always around the ball on ST's as a gunner. He made some great tackles and when he played WR he made the most of it. He didn't have a lot of playing time, I'd say about the same as Pead.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I recall, Pead had a hard time picking up the play book and his touches were limited early on. Then he had that one game suspension which opened the door for others to walk through in his sophomore year.

His limited touches were more about Pead then anyone else. Believe me, as a second round pick, the Rams brass wanted him to succeed.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I recall, Pead had a hard time picking up the play book and his touches were limited early on. Then he had that one game suspension which opened the door for others to walk through in his sophomore year.

His limited touches were more about Pead then anyone else. Believe me, as a second round pick, the Rams brass wanted him to succeed.

I just don't think they've closed the door on him yet, much like Quick.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think they've closed the door on him yet, much like Quick.

I would love nothing more than for Pead to come in this year and become the next Barry Saunders and quick the next Megatron. :whistle:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joel Segal was on ESPN's NFL Live program. He is the agent for Chris Johnson. Long story short is that Chris is most likely headed to one of two places: The Rams or the Jets. Both at a reduced salary for a number of reasons.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. I don't want too many ex Titans on the Rams. It's starting to look like "friends of Spags" team.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Johnson signed a two-year deal yesterday with the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets!!!

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which was exactly the right place for him to go. Ivory was not an every down back, but he is a perfect 10-15 carry back and CJ2K can take 20-25 carries...

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$ 8 million for 2 years...Don't think the Rams would have wanted him at that price...They probably couldn't have afforded it, even if they did...

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly was rooting for the guy; he's been pretty impressive as a Titan. I just remember having Lendale White as the bruiser really help take some of the load off of him. But overall I would still like to see him reach 10000k rushing yards which is hardly a feat to accomplish now adays unless you are Adrienne Peterson.