• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Clemons Update

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this on Seattle Times.

Chris Clemons: “Still working hard, doing good, right in the middle of the real rigorous rehab now. He’s on the field cutting and moving and doing defensive line drills and all that kind of stuff. I don’t know what that means time-wise but he’s doing well and he’s managing his way through it. He’s not in any pain or discomfort so it’s just a matter of getting his confidence back and getting him back to full speed before we take him back off the PUP thing and get him going.”

Sounds like he's coming right along and that is some very good news.Here's the link.

Friday practice notes: Miller off PUP list; Harvin, Clemons update, and more | Seahawks Blog | Seattle Times

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a week 1 return is still not completely out of the question.

Keeping fingers crossed!

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we can bring him back slowly for game 1...get him back to game speed...then unleash him for game 2!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we can bring him back slowly for game 1...get him back to game speed...then unleash him for game 2!

Yes that would be great. I think the Seahawks are going do this right and bring him along at a safe pace. However it does look like he's going to ready early in the season. Really great news.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forget where I read this but Clemons wants to play in the 3rd preseason game, but PC axed that on. There's a possibility that a week 1 return could be in the cards.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If AP can inject PEDs I don't get why we can't. He should be good to go by game 1 and have 22 sacks this year.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is not ready, then keep him on the PUP to release the hounds after week 6. I think this will also allow us to keep one more guy for a while, but not sure on the roster/PUP rules.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're getting decent pressure from the defensive line now, but having him and Avril out there will only help that. It's great that he wants to get out there next week, but no sense in rushing him back. Sit him out for the last couple of preseason games and let him go full throttle in week 1 if he's really ready. Besides, keeping him out until the regular season will give Carroll and his coaching staff a longer look at the younger guys to see what they have to offer and the more time they can get in the preseason, the better off they'll be when the regular season starts and Clemons is back in there.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If AP can inject PEDs I don't get why we can't. He should be good to go by game 1 and have 22 sacks this year.
Ok, I get your thing on the general board and all, but are you just determined to be a troll here? Is there any evidence that AP took PEDs? If you can't provide any please stop accusing guys of things they didn't do. It makes the rest of us look bad when we want to talk about the Hawks.

On topic: Great news. I hope they take it easy with him. Let him rest up and unleash Clem in week 2 for some dominance

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Clemons back will be big. It will be great watching our FULL defense when they all get together. The pass rush could be incredible. No more vanilla defense, unleash the dogs.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say RGIII will be ready to go week one and he was injured in the same game as Clemons, so it is possible. Obviously Clemons is a bigger man and plays a much more physically demanding position, so we'll see how it goes. I can't wait to see what our pass rush will look like at full strength!!

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say RGIII will be ready to go week one and he was injured in the same game as Clemons, so it is possible. Obviously Clemons is a bigger man and plays a much more physically demanding position, so we'll see how it goes. I can't wait to see what our pass rush will look like at full strength!!

Clems older too,

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clems older too,

You Forgot to add that Clemons had his operation a few weeks after RGIII's Also. The Same guy that Did AP's, RGIII's also did Clems. Lets hope that means Clems got the Bionic knee like AP got lol

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While an ACL is a big deal, everyone heals differently, even if you're paying visits to Tiger Wood's foreign doctors.

ACL's for lineman are especially tricky and usually require a longer rehab process than some other positions in football. It took Hau'oli Jamora, a DE for UW Huskies who injured his ACL during the 2011 season, more than a year to get back to 100% after his surgery. He tried to comeback too early and it almost blew it out again. So had to sit out 2012 season as well. And they are still being cautious trying to work him in slowly.

I'm worried about the timeframe with this. Even with all the newest therapies out there like platelet rich injections, etc... I really think people need to be prepared for Clemmons not being there this year or contributing much.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While an ACL is a big deal, everyone heals differently, even if you're paying visits to Tiger Wood's foreign doctors.

ACL's for lineman are especially tricky and usually require a longer rehab process than some other positions in football. It took Hau'oli Jamora, a DE for UW Huskies who injured his ACL during the 2011 season, more than a year to get back to 100% after his surgery. He tried to comeback too early and it almost blew it out again. So had to sit out 2012 season as well. And they are still being cautious trying to work him in slowly.

I'm worried about the timeframe with this. Even with all the newest therapies out there like platelet rich injections, etc... I really think people need to be prepared for Clemmons not being there this year or contributing much.

If the Hawks do this right and not rush him back until week 5, I think he could be contributor in a big way.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You could be right , but I trust the Seahawks to do it right and I do not believe that means Clemons not contributing this year. Hope I'm not wrong.