• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chicago Bulls - Utah Jazz Game Thread.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, I didn't know the radio when streaming was that far behind. I would have thought 45 seconds to 1 minute.

Jordan Clarkson is 30. I'd keep him for a few more years, but if there's a huge drop off one or two years, it would then be time to trade him.

Does Olynyk's 3 fall into the same territory as those old Houston Rocket players that would take and make meaningless 3's when they'd already won? Difference being that the Jazz were losing, but in the same principle, the game was already decided, whether winning or losing.

Markkanen is a keeper, he's a good player on any team. Sexton, maybe. He'd be one of the last players I move other than Markkanen, unless someone great came back.

I didn’t see the play, I can see the play-by-play. I guess context matters to me. If there were a history between teams or players, I can see there being a problem. If the defense just stops playing defense because they think they’re opponent is burning the clock because the game is already decided and then the losing team suddenly runs to the basket, the score, then it would be bad.

However, and I will hold myself to this, except for in jokes on wanting to keep a team below 100 or something - the losing team can always score if they remain the losing team. Obviously, if they ended up not to listen to him that they were supposed to score to try to win. my point is the action taken to change the result, so why should you care, in usual situations. It isn’t showboating or showing that the other team is helpless like it would be if somebody scored when they were up by 30 in the last second.

Scoring for no reason when you are winning is bad sportsmanship. Some people say if you don’t like it, stop them, but it’s like a quarterback running like they are going to slide or going to go out of bounds, but then heading back in to get more yards. The defense let up not because they thought that they had got them but rather because they were looking up for safety or at least did not get a penalty for a late hit. they are in that situation, coerced by the rules, or by sportsmanship to let the quarterback slide or not get hit. Two of use that is troublesome. And no, I don’t think that it is too bad for the defense because that’s unfair as opposed to a conscious choice or overconfidence that they stopled the quarterback.

There can be times where the quarterback abuses this, and it’s been seen in both college and the pros. I would say to look out for this on teams that look less classy, clearly outmatched have to trick their way, or in situations where the team really needs every single yard or it is close to the first down marker and they really are just trying to use the fake slide to get one or two more yards.

What bothers me is when somebody ends up running 70 yards or 30 yards because they didn’t slide when it looked like they were going to and the defense stopped because they did not want to hit them late. I think it’s a little bit different with a quarterback acts like they’re going out of bounds because that could be acting like they ran out of space and so you’re just getting out. Whereas a slide is clearly giving yourself up and so you make yourself look like you’re giving yourself up and I feel that crosses the line.

But it’s hard for refs to officiate because, are you going to review plays to declare someone down at the moment they looked like they were going to slide? Are you going to allow a late hit when it looks like the quarterback is going to fake the slide? Or are you going to give the quarterback, the protection and the ability to fake it?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this today and felt it was relevant to our conversation. Seriously though, if I were a Phoenix Suns fan, I would be very upset that he was even in the game given his injury possibilities went down by 45 points in the fourth quarter with seven minutes to go. If a team ever comes back from 45 points down with 8 minutes to go, I will take back my words. That is stupid to have him in the game.

32589758-9DC8-4334-B119-591C1A4FD50B.jpeg

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the win probability when it was 45 points?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope someone started a thread "The Suns Are The Worst Team In Sports" during that game.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. If the game is over, it’s over. Don’t need to defend if the game is over. But I also don’t think it applies - we JUST won a game that we trailed by 4 with 13 seconds to go. Who‘s to say we should not press if down by 8? Still, I personally don’t care, but I’m not playing. I’d rather the media argue it than Beasley. However, Beasley is better to take his issue to Rudy instead of talking about it with the media only ‘cause the same people defending Rudy would say that he should voice it to the man instead. Having said that, I wish it had been someone other than Gobert.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s one thing I don’t understand and maybe you can explain it to me. Maybe it’s because of what position he is playing, but I’ve heard over and over from people on how Lauri Markkanen would be an all star if he continued his numbers. Of course, that was back when we were winning.

However, there were so many questions on whether Mitchell or Gobert would be an all star until they made it. It seemed too much of a shoo-in attitude for me to understand it. I liked how he played, but it never seemed like he was obvious to make the All-Star game. I think I mostly heard locals, but I even heard a national person act like it was a given. Just like I hated have Garnett and Duncan got so much credit for 21 points per game, I don’t understand it for Markkanen.
To me, Markkanen would either have to score or rebound more to become an All-Star. Or block 1.8 shots a game.

Instead of 21.7, he should be scoring 25.

Instead of 8.4 rebounds, 10.9.

If he did one of those, then I would say that he "should" make it.

Since he is doing neither, I would need a few injury replacements before I think he would be a worthy replacement.

As much as I like him and want him to make the all star game, I don’t get this! Maybe a chance, but the sureness of him deserving it? This guy covers the Jazz on the radio so he’s not just a fan.