• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chicago Bulls - Utah Jazz Game Thread.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 PM Alaska Time.
7 PM MST.

Lauri Markkanen is walking through that door.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Press Your Luck" game:

I didn't know that the values were cumulative. So that during the 2 minute portion, each new selection keeps adding to the total, unless it lands on the Jazz Bear.

So the total grew, then it landed on the Jazz Bear.

Back to $0.

Then it landed on $20. Then $50. The total was $70. That's when I noticed it kept adding.

It went to $120. The fan kept going.

Then it landed on $500. Total was $620.

The fan stopped.

Good job, fan.

However, I think the game would be more exciting if values were replaced. So that a $50 could be replaced by a $20.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good start by the Jazz.

Neither team seems that good in interior defense.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27 all at the end of the first.

Hope to see better defense by the Jazz, the rest of the game.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudy Gay was on with the broadcast crew.

He said he has a weird injury, that is taking some time.

He says the young guys need to continue to learn.

He says DeRozan could either adapt, or get better at what he does. He went the latter route.

He says some people forgot how good Sexton was because he's had injuries. He's glad Sexton can play well now.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexton blocks a shot at the halftime buzzer, and is excited.

Are Sexton and Markkanen the best players on the team this year? Maybe keep them, and try to trade some of the others for better defense.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things I heard on the radio that I wanted to post here because I didn’t want to do a different thread, but one reason why we are struggling is because we can’t rebound and other teams are going to discover that just like the Suns did. Second is that they weren’t sure whether Markkanen was going to play. Obviously, he did, but he bumped knees with Ayton.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s one thing I don’t understand and maybe you can explain it to me. Maybe it’s because of what position he is playing, but I’ve heard over and over from people on how Lauri Markkanen would be an all star if he continued his numbers. Of course, that was back when we were winning.

However, there were so many questions on whether Mitchell or Gobert would be an all star until they made it. It seemed too much of a shoo-in attitude for me to understand it. I liked how he played, but it never seemed like he was obvious to make the All-Star game. I think I mostly heard locals, but I even heard a national person act like it was a given. Just like I hated have Garnett and Duncan got so much credit for 21 points per game, I don’t understand it for Markkanen.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did something wrong on almost every play in the 4th.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things I heard on the radio that I wanted to post here because I didn’t want to do a different thread, but one reason why we are struggling is because we can’t rebound and other teams are going to discover that just like the Suns did. Second is that they weren’t sure whether Markkanen was going to play. Obviously, he did, but he bumped knees with Ayton.

Thanks. Did you hear that during a normal radio host's show, or during a game's broadcast?

I love the radio.

It allows one to go more in depth.

Jazz are 30th in defensive rebound %. 4th in offensive rebound %.

Most of the rebounds in a game are defensive, so that is more important to me.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s one thing I don’t understand and maybe you can explain it to me. Maybe it’s because of what position he is playing, but I’ve heard over and over from people on how Lauri Markkanen would be an all star if he continued his numbers. Of course, that was back when we were winning.

However, there were so many questions on whether Mitchell or Gobert would be an all star until they made it. It seemed too much of a shoo-in attitude for me to understand it. I liked how he played, but it never seemed like he was obvious to make the All-Star game. I think I mostly heard locals, but I even heard a national person act like it was a given. Just like I hated have Garnett and Duncan got so much credit for 21 points per game, I don’t understand it for Markkanen.

To me, Markkanen would either have to score or rebound more to become an All-Star. Or block 1.8 shots a game.

Instead of 21.7, he should be scoring 25.

Instead of 8.4 rebounds, 10.9.

If he did one of those, then I would say that he "should" make it.

Since he is doing neither, I would need a few injury replacements before I think he would be a worthy replacement.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garnett and Duncan might not have scored as much, but they were 1st team defensive players. When their offense is combined with their defense, that's a lot of contribution.

Ben Wallace would make All-Star teams with single digit scoring, because of his defense.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garnett and Duncan might not have scored as much, but they were 1st team defensive players. When their offense is combined with their defense, that's a lot of contribution.

Ben Wallace would make All-Star teams with single digit scoring, because of his defense.

Yes, I understand. Hall of Famers. I just don’t like when Malone’s scoring is dismissed because of defense, even though he made defensive contributions. And it’s not that he didn’t average it for a career, and that Duncan only got about 25 once and Garnet 23 or something. I believe that when you have an offensive burden, sometimes other things are harder to do energy wise. The only argument I can see to negate the scoring differential is that Stockton is better than Tony Parker in getting Malone the ball in good opportunities to score. I didn’t watch Garnett much, but I think he had the ball so much that no one was really setting him up for easy baskets, but rather that he had to create them.

Still, if somebody acknowledges that they didn’t score that much, I’m fine with all the accolades. But I feel that a lot of people act like that they were scorers in the huge sense. They were contributors, Hall of Famers in the huge sense.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duncan was an all around contributor.

Garnett could have a little bigger scoring games. They also needed him to have the ball a lot, because they rarely had balanced rosters in Minnesota.

Malone and Duncan were more versatile on offense than Garnett. Garnett basically only had one move, an unblockable fadeaway jumper, like LaMarcus Aldridge.

Malone and Olajuwon probably have the most moves of any big I've seen.

Jokic is interesting. I need to wait until is career is winding down, to properly evaluate his offense. He's still "new", to me.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malone's scoring was great. His rebounding seems a little underwhelming. I would have liked more 12 or 13 rebound seasons.

Antetokounmpo has 4 straight seasons of 11+ rebounds, and is working on his 5th. When Antetokounmpo's career is done, I'd like to see how his rebounding from age 21 onwards holds up. He did have a 12 and a 13 rebound season in this stretch.

His 13.6 rebounds in 30.4 minutes in 2019-2020 is one of the best rebounding rates from a PF that I've seen.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of Olynyk taking and making a 3 at the buzzer, after it was already decided that the Jazz wouldn't be able to win?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of Olynyk taking and making a 3 at the buzzer, after it was already decided that the Jazz wouldn't be able to win?

It pads his stats so that we can trade him. That’s going to be our MO. We’re going to trade all the players that we have and then hope that we can draft those players. Seriously though, I hope they don’t trade Clarkson. I forgot how old he is, it seems like he’s been here for a while, and he’s been in the league otherwise; however, I feel that by the time that we have any players to contend, he would be a player that we would like to have compliment. I don’t know if that is too long in time from now.

If we are going to lose anyway, trade Conley, even though I like him. I don’t know about keeping Beasley, but he seems to be a good player to keep if we ever contend in the same way that Clarkson is. Obviously, keep Markkanen. Trade Olynyk just because he doesn’t block. I don’t know enough about Kessler, etc. Azubuike didn’t have a great review from the NBA Analyst on the radio.

By the way, I don’t want to go look for the post that you asked me, but the radio I listen to is when I’m driving in the car. Every once in a while, I’ll hear part of a game on the radio, but it usually is no more than three minutes. Part of the reason is because radio when streaming is about two minutes behind and I’ve already seen the box score and I don’t want to separate those much. I like seeing things live or hearing them live. otherwise, I’m just listening to the radio to confirm what happened on the box score. Of course, I could just turn on the radio without looking at the box score, but again that’s annoying to me.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It pads his stats so that we can trade him. That’s going to be our MO. We’re going to trade all the players that we have and then hope that we can draft those players. Seriously though, I hope they don’t trade Clarkson. I forgot how old he is, it seems like he’s been here for a while, and he’s been in the league otherwise; however, I feel that by the time that we have any players to contend, he would be a player that we would like to have compliment. I don’t know if that is too long in time from now.

If we are going to lose anyway, trade Conley, even though I like him. I don’t know about keeping Beasley, but he seems to be a good player to keep if we ever contend in the same way that Clarkson is. Obviously, keep Markkanen. Trade Olynyk just because he doesn’t block. I don’t know enough about Kessler, etc. Azubuike didn’t have a great review from the NBA Analyst on the radio.

By the way, I don’t want to go look for the post that you asked me, but the radio I listen to is when I’m driving in the car. Every once in a while, I’ll hear part of a game on the radio, but it usually is no more than three minutes. Part of the reason is because radio when streaming is about two minutes behind and I’ve already seen the box score and I don’t want to separate those much. I like seeing things live or hearing them live. otherwise, I’m just listening to the radio to confirm what happened on the box score. Of course, I could just turn on the radio without looking at the box score, but again that’s annoying to me.
Interesting, I didn't know the radio when streaming was that far behind. I would have thought 45 seconds to 1 minute.

Jordan Clarkson is 30. I'd keep him for a few more years, but if there's a huge drop off one or two years, it would then be time to trade him.

Does Olynyk's 3 fall into the same territory as those old Houston Rocket players that would take and make meaningless 3's when they'd already won? Difference being that the Jazz were losing, but in the same principle, the game was already decided, whether winning or losing.

Markkanen is a keeper, he's a good player on any team. Sexton, maybe. He'd be one of the last players I move other than Markkanen, unless someone great came back.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malone's scoring was great. His rebounding seems a little underwhelming. I would have liked more 12 or 13 rebound seasons.

Antetokounmpo has 4 straight seasons of 11+ rebounds, and is working on his 5th. When Antetokounmpo's career is done, I'd like to see how his rebounding from age 21 onwards holds up. He did have a 12 and a 13 rebound season in this stretch.

His 13.6 rebounds in 30.4 minutes in 2019-2020 is one of the best rebounding rates from a PF that I've seen.
Expanding on this more.

The 1988 7 game series against the Lakers, it took him 45 minutes to average 11 rebounds. The Lakers missed 313 shots in that series. I think he could have gotten more than 59 defensive rebounds on 313 missed shots.

And then against the Bulls, Rodman was the better rebounder. Or he just got the more memorable rebounds. Nobody cares if Rodman doesn't have any offensive responsibility. All they care about is whether the Jazz are able to secure the ball or not, and more often then we would have liked, the Bulls got the ball.

The Jazz lost rebounding in both Finals, but it was close in 1997. A little less so in 1998.

1997 also had a much better turnover differential (Jazz lost both years). 1998 had a greater differential.

I've said a few times, that I wish the Jazz had gotten to the Finals before 1997. They were too old (to compete against the Bulls) the years they made it.

This is not any scientific analysis, but maybe the Jazz showed their age in 1998 by rebounding worse and turning it over more (than even 1997).

Hornacek was too old too.